Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: Tower of God - 5F

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    How long is the timer?
    You didn't read the rules? 400 hours for each team. By the way, can you confirm that you chose White Pawn B as your own piece (under Numbertwo's knight)?

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

3. ISO #53
    AlphaStorm

Just posting to say I'm NocturneGale on Marriland so that'll need updating.

4. ISO #54

Attention to all regulars! Your next test starts NOW! Get ready to play some chess:

Tower of God - 5F: The Chess Party

You have to record your own turns by posting here in this thread. You can alse use inter-team discussion in this thread as well. Remember, that only the person who is controlling his respective chess piece can move that piece, but moving any piece of your team will immediately end your turn and give the turn to the opposing team. So make sure first that your teammates are okay with your move! Your move must be recorded in red text, for example: Nc6. Notify the opposing team immediately once you make your move!

Also, another important rule has been added to this game - the "ten turns" rule. Normally, when a team loses, 1000 Test points are deduced from their king and 100 points are deduced from each of the team members. However, if you team loses the game in less 10 turns, each team member will lose half of his current Test Points or 100 Points, whichever is higher (the king loses 1000 TP or half, whichever is higher). And by 10 turns I mean 10 turns of white and 10 turns of black. Other than that, the remaining rules remain unchanged.

Finally, this game will be played with a time control. Each team will have 400 hours (roughly 2 weeks) for strategic discussion. You can spend as much time as you want on your turn, be it 10 hours or 100 hours. However, once your timer runs out, your team will lose the game. Be aware that some regulars can make rushing moves on their own in order to avoid their team to lose by timeout. The team leader exists specifically to control those people, so keep than in mind!

And with that, good luck and have fun!

FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

g5
    Spoiler : FM Experience :
    Spoiler : L-FM :
    FMXVII FM Roronoa Zoro - Obvious Jester - Lost, FMXVII FM Ryan - Citizen -Lost
    Spoiler : S-FM :
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

​Nh6
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

Ng8

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

Nh6

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

Nh6

Again.

15. ISO #65

Oops Ng8

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

Nh6~

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

Ng8

20. ISO #70

You know, there are well-known stalemate rules. if the board ever exists in the same state 3 times either player can declare it a stalemate. In stalemate, both groups lose, so both will lose points - kings will lose 500 each, and everyone else 100 points. So if the same state of board is repeated 3 or more times, it will automatically count as stalemate. Just for your notice.

And if you lose the game by stalemate, then there'll be no rewards for either Vantas or Astrid.
    Last edited by Fragos; May 17th, 2014 at 12:45 PM.

21. ISO #71
    Samsung09

Hmm,sorry for not being active at all (I'm Grovylite,btw)
    I'll start playing tomorrow!

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

I have my own physical chessboard which I can use to keep track on the map. You can use online chess sites (not sure which ones) to play alone using the moves you just recorded, or ask your teammates to update the map. I though I told you that you have to watch the status of the board by yourself.

24. ISO #74

Attention to all regulars. I have an announcement for you.

Astrid have decided to spend 100 of his Test Points to recruit a teammate. That person's name is Winter, and he will pariticipate in the Tower of God for Astrid's cause. Any points that would be earned or lost by Winter will affect Astrid instead.

Furthermore, Astrid have decided to give King's position to Winter, while retaining control over black E pawn. So the new king for the black team should be now Winter. He's a new guy here, so treat him well!

25. ISO #75
    Euphoria

h4 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

26. ISO #76

gxh4

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

The chess round between Vantas's team and Astrid's team has been ended. The result of the test was victory for White team, but giving the nature of the match itself, the winning team will receive only 50 Test points each, and their king will only gain 500 Test Points. The losers, however, will play in full price - 1000 Test Points will be deduced for Astrid and 100 Test points will be deduded from everyone else. 2 White pawns were captured during the game as well, by Citrus and 42shadow42. After the first chess round, the scoreboard is now looking like this:

Vantas 1750
    _Q2 1050
    Astrid/Winter 950
    Grovylite 850
    Apache 750
    Raven 650
    Cay 650
    Euphoria 450
    Tonex 450
    Numbertwo 400
    AlphaStorm 350
    Glip 250
    louiswill 150
    NoctiZ 100
    powerofdeath 100
    Citrus 50
    42shadow42 50

You think it's all over? The REAL test for all of you will begin very soon. In the next chess round 16 regulars will be playing against a single person (better knows as The Guardian). You now have to defeat the Guardian in the game in chess in order to pass through 5F. The same also goes for Vantas. If he wants to get control over 6F, he now has to lead the entire cast of regulars to victory in order gain control over 6F. Now, looks at this chess board, if you please - there will be your new team distribution:

Attachment 16748

Regarding White Rook H - it can be only controlled by Astrid OR his teammate Winter. But regarding White Pawn H - it will be controlled by only one of the two people - Citrus OR 42shadow42. So that means one of then HAS to skip this match. And Vantas will have to decide which one will stay in and which one will be left behind. It's rather cruel, I know - but both of then made moves that caused their black team to lose, against the spirit of the game itself. Everyone else will be assigned to their positions according to their current points.

Your opponent will be known as The Guardian. He will be an anonymous person, using Regular No. 1's account for the duration of the test. Athough it's fair to say that The Guardian is NOT one of the regulars himself. Unlike Astrid, I'm sure that Guardian is not a soft person, and will most likely go all out against you. So in order to defeat him, an absolute cooperation and teamwork from each of you is needed. For this round, you will have to toss aside all the differences, and with your power combined, defeat The Guardian. Another part of the challenge will be, of course, discovering the actual identity of The Guardian. Who knows, maybe you will be able to strike a bargain with him?..

The usual rules for the first game will also apply here - each regular can only move a piece that he or she owns, the King can spend 100 TP to control the actions of others, and the chess figures will have the same price as before. The only difference between you and The Guardian is that he doesn't have any points to lose. So if he, for example, strikes a Queen first, that Queen's owner will lose 750 points without any option to return then back. So watch your back! If you lose against the Guradian, the King will lose 1000 TP, and everyone else will lose 100 TP (on top of points that they earned or lost during the match). Futhermore, after the first defeat, you will have to fight against The Guradian again, with his idenitity revealed this time... Well, his identity will be revealed after the match anyway... so the first time will be a charm, right?

Your defeat will affect both Citrus and 42shadow42 as well. One of then will be most likely dropped of Tower if he drops in the negative zone. Should you manage to win this game though, everyone will earn 100 TP, and Vantas will earn 1000 TP, though he can distribute half of his rewards to other regulars (inculding Citrus and 42shadow42).

And don't forget that each time a King becomes under check, Vantas will lose 100 TP for each different figure that have managed to check her. Also, the same time control rules will apply as well - both you and The Guardian will have 400 hours to spare. Make sure your timer does not run out! Your battle againast the Guardian will start at this time:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...2014+20.00+MSK

Since White Team will go first, there will be no nessesity to wait for the Guardian's arrival. He'll probably show up before the game starts. Before you say any other words - the game against The Guardian was already planned from the beginning after your first match. However, I had no intentions of making The Guardian anonymous until I saw how the first game started to lean towards Vantas's victory. You brought this onto yourself, so expect a harder challenge than usual!

Good luck!.. you will really need it this time. Now, where is that person that used to be this Guardian...
    Last edited by Fragos; May 19th, 2014 at 12:05 PM.

35. ISO #85

What "nature" of the win caused us to only win half? This wasn't in the rules anywhere.

Spoiler : Game History :
    [X] S-FM Reverse Mafia - Mason Leader [L]
    [X] FM XXI - Drug Dealer [L]
    [X] S-FM "Do you even lift?"- Tardy Tim [L]
    [X] S-FM Deaths Deadly Damned Detroit - Doctor [W]
    [X] S-FM Double Agents - Mafioso [W]
    [X] S-FM Corrupt - Doctor [-]

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

lol who's surprised though XD Frags is out to screw us as much as possible.

What will happen to the person I don't choose? Are they eliminated from the Tower unless I win and help them? Or do they just sit out?

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

The guardian....Gawd, I have no chance of winning.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

40. ISO #90

Quote Originally Posted by Vantas View Post
    lol who's surprised though XD Frags is out to screw us as much as possible.

What will happen to the person I don't choose? Are they eliminated from the Tower unless I win and help them? Or do they just sit out?
    He will sit out, though if you win the first round against the Guardian, he will ascend to 6F with you. Of course he can still send out strategic and tactical suggestions for your team. But if one of then loses as the result of being defeated by Guardian and becomes eliminated from Tower, the second person that was not chosen will be able to participate in the rematch against the Guardian.

Citrus or 42shadow42? You choose. Both of then have the lowest amount of points, and there is only enough place for 16 regulars. You think it would be fair if I had to drop out someone else?
    Last edited by Fragos; May 19th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

41. ISO #91

No, I was just curious what happened. Essentially, how high the stakes would be for them.

I'm keeping in 42, and Citrus'll be sitting out.

42. ISO #92

Wait, you're saying the test started two days ago? ;o Shiet.

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94
    Regular No. 1

I'm here and ready to play chess with then. Can't wait to see what'll happen if they lose ^^

45. ISO #95

Hello Guardian. At least answer this:

are you from SC2 or Marriland?

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

The Guardian can be from either of those sites. But don't bother asking him about his identity, he will probably not answer that to you.

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100

Well, that's just sad. I liked my lead. Oh well, things happen... You don't need to be against me now, right?
    Astrid: "What? The Listener? What are you going on about? What is this lunacy?"
    Cicero: "It's true, it's true! The Night Mother has spoken! The silence has been broken! The Listener has been chosen!"