M-FM Credits Setup
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

M-FM Credits Setup

So I've worked on an idea for my first M-FM. My goal was to make it extraordinary and interesting but not too difficult to understand.

Here is the basic idea. I will post more when the time comes.

Both, the Town and the Mafia, get some credits to start with. Those are very important, basicly everything they do, costs credits. But this is not limited to night actions, they also have to buy their roles first at start. That means everyone gets to choose his own role. And that's not all you can do. It is possible to buy additional help, for example the players can vote to reveal a part of the rolelist. Or you can buy Upgrades that improve your role. You can even opt to buy an additional player for your side, if you can afford it.
    There may be more ways to spend credits in the final setup.

Now how do you get credits. First, you have credits to start with. These will mostly be spent to buy roles. Second, there are certain tasks you can fulfill to get your team more credits. For example, post at least once in every 12 hours. Third, there will be roles that generate credits. Fourth, successful night actions yield credits, aswell as lynches.
    There may be more ways to get credits in the final setup.

There will also be neutrals and this mechanic will also affect them of course. Yes, even they get their starting credits and get to choose their role.
    A second mafia or cult would be possible, but it really depends on how big the game will be.

As you can see, teamplay is very important in this game. Will people just pick whatever role they like or are they ready to sacrifice for the greater good? We will see. The plan is that the rolelist you buy features a lot of PRs, however only some of them can afford to use their power. The players are required to weigh how important their power is.

Don't worry about the balance. It's difficult, but I will put a lot of work into the balance and use all the knowledge gained from the Mafia Theory thread. I will make sure the "How many mislynches to win" and the "How likely is a mislynch" relate to each other perfectly in all possible scenarios (but of course teams will have an advantage if they buy their roles wisely).

That's just some of the features - expect more in the future.
    FM Stats: Town 8 wins of 12 Mafia 3 of 4 All 11 of 16 (69%)

Complete FM History: Click

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: M-FM Credits Setup

teamplay and the will to win. if everyone becomes power roles, town will lose. and many won't even be able to use their power, so it's pointless.
    people are required not to act selfish. besides, not everyone hates being a citizen

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I volunteer for the role of citizen
    I'm not certain how you make this work. Does town as a whole just spend their days buying uses of heir powers until they run out? Or is there some sort of mayor that builds the town and empowers it as it goes?

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    odds are if someone has an option to chose pr over citizen, they will chose pr.
    many will choose pr, but not all i think. some citizen are enough already
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I volunteer for the role of citizen
    I'm not certain how you make this work. Does town as a whole just spend their days buying uses of heir powers until they run out? Or is there some sort of mayor that builds the town and empowers it as it goes?
    there's no mayor who chooses everything. everyone chooses for themselves

9. ISO #9