Tower of God - 3F - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: Tower of God - 3F

In the interest of maintaining my deceitless position, I will publicize that I am voting for NO. I would also like to clarify that this is not me saying that RLVG will not win, this is merely me casting a vote for a choice selection under the bounds of the current game's rules.

However, if RLVG does want to win, he'll be forced to vote YES. Then, it's up to Apache and Tonex to either decide which of us wins or to tie the game.

Assuming they haven't already cast their votes.

@Louiswill: I don't believe you are in this round of voting. I think it's just between me, RLVG, Apache, and Tonex.

2. ISO #52

When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    @Louiswill: I don't believe you are in this round of voting. I think it's just between me, RLVG, Apache, and Tonex.
    Actually we can vote and still influence the outcome, we get no rewards but we make up numbers.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Clarification: Only the 4 people that have won the first round of voting can actually participate and vote.

Sorry louiswill, but you will have to wait until the next test begins. Whatever happens here will be not of your concern.

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

7. ISO #57

ok i think i know what the strategy of the glip is. he announces his target, so he makes sure no one else votes his target, because that one couldnt win anymore
    so it makes no sense to lie about it, because then ppl would just vote what he voted which is not his goal (unless ppl assume he lies and he knows that but i doubt it)
    i will now vote YES. then other 2 can decide who wins or tie
    FM Stats: Town 8 wins of 12 Mafia 3 of 4 All 11 of 16 (69%)

Complete FM History: Click

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    ok i think i know what the strategy of the glip is. he announces his target, so he makes sure no one else votes his target, because that one couldnt win anymore
    so it makes no sense to lie about it, because then ppl would just vote what he voted which is not his goal (unless ppl assume he lies and he knows that but i doubt it)
    i will now vote YES. then other 2 can decide who wins or tie
    Im voting yes too

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

Attention to all regulars! All votes in the second round were cast in! This was the question in the last round:

Out of all those four, RLVG will be the winner! YES or NO?

RLVG voted NO
    Tonex voted NO
    Apache voted YES
    Glip voted NO

With one vote of YES, Apache becomes the minority! He wins the second round of Minority Rule and gets awarded with extra 100 Test points! Furthermore, he will get an advantage in the next test. After the Minority Rule, current score standings are looking like this:

RLVG 550 points
    powerofdeath 350 points
    Glip 300 points
    Apache 250 points
    Tonex 250 points
    louiswill 200 points
    Citrus 200 points
    Numbertwo 200 points
    NoctiZ 200 points
    Ika 150 points
    J 100 points
    42shadow42
    100 points
    AppleyNO 0 points
    Hypersniper 0 points

Rest well before I prepare the next test for you, dear regulars. And before I do, ask yourselves first: Should I start the next test in this weekend, or in a week after this, considering currently running M-FM?

FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    Please start a week from now. I will be at my mothers in Las Vegas for my spring break. Unknown amount of time for Sc2mafia.com
    Will you be present at this Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Will you be here at Monday?

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

Ok, so we are skipping this weekend and conduct the next test on another week. You should pay attention to Avatar Book Two for a while. This will also give me a plenty of time to prepare for you the next test, which will be called...

Tower of God - 3F: Pandemic Game

I'll see you in the next week then! That's all for now, folks!

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

I'm planning to start your next test on this weekend. If you have any objections against that, tell then NOW. You're interested to continue, aren't you?

26. ISO #76

What's up, everyone? Took ya too long to wait for the next test, right? The truth is, I have been hiding a BIG secret from you right. But secrets can't be hidden forever, so of course I will eventually unravel that great mystery to you. Now, where were we last time? Right, here is our next test:

In this stage, there are regulars who caught out the unnatural cold and are spreading the virus around. The objective of this test is to obtain the vaccine to rid yourself of virus.
    Of the 14 players here, there will be 3 people who have contracted the virus. Those people will be assigned randomly, with one exception - Apache. As the winner of Minority Rule, Apache will always start this test as normal person, though there will be still a risk for him to catch the infection from others. The only way for you to check your status as "normal" or "infected" person is to ask that in Private Message to me directly. In return, I will keep you informed about your current status and the number of vaccines you have. Note that the players actually do NOT know each other's statuses. That's what makes this test interesting, right?

Anyway, all regulars start the game as "Normal" or "Infected" with zero vaccines. In order to obtain vaccines, the regulars must come into "contact" with each other. To make a "contact" with another regular, you (Regular A) must write the following message in this thread:

I want to come into contact with Regular B.

In return, Regular B, should he wants to accept the contact with Regular A, must write the following message in return:

I agree to establish conact with Regular A.

Once two regulars come into contact with each other, their status will change. Normal regulars who come into contact with an Infected regular will become infected as well. Going by the same rule, if two infected players come into contact, their status will remain the same. You ask: "Doesn't that make it bad for Normal regulars to come into contact with anyone?" I have yet to introduce the "vaccine"...

If two Normal players come into contact with each other, each one of then will get 1 vaccine charge. Their status will change from "Normal+0 and Normal+0" to "Normal+1 and Normal+1". Where +1 is referred to the number of vaccines you currently have. If you keep coming into contact with other "Normal" regulars, then your number of vaccines will keep increasing. Additionally, with the vaccine, it is possible to help other Infected regulars to turn back into Normal. However, every time a person turns back an "infected" to "normal", the number of samples of vaccine will decrease by one.

If a Normal+3 regular contacts someone who is Infected+0, for example, their status will change to "Infected+2" and "Normal+0". However, the infected person has cured the other person from sickness and still has 2 vaccine samples. So he can use one of the samples on himself to get rid of the virus. That way, he will turn into "Normal+1". To activate the vaccine charge on yourself, send me the following message and one change of vaccine will be deduced from you:

Activate vaccine

No return message from me is needed, as by relaying this message, you already affirmed to me that you removed the virus from yourself. However, if you have not activated your vaccine samples before contacting other regulars, you will stay as Infected, and will turn other people into Infected if you come into contact with then. For example, Infected+2 and Infected+0 will stay the same even if they come into contact with each other. Likewise, if Infected+2 comes into contact with Normal+0, he will turn that person into Infected+0.

I'm going to show you multiple examples to summarise the rules of this test:

Normal+0 and Normal+1 = Normal+1 and Normal+2 (Both Normals gain vaccine)
    Infected+0 and Infected+1 = Infected+0 and Infected+1 (Nothing happens)
    Normal+0 and Infected+1 = Infected+0 and Infected+1 (Infected infects Normal)
    Normal+2 an Infected+2 = Infected+1 and Normal+2 (Normal cures Infected + Infected infects Normal)

Infected+2 uses vaccine on himself = Normal+1

Another important rules is that you can only contact a different person only ONCE in the game. You cannot come into contact with the same person twice or more times, even if the previous contact made no result to both parties. So make sure to treasure people that did not came into contact with you yet!

The entire test will last 72 hours, splite between 3 periods of 24 hours each. At the beginning of each period, I will reveal to you the number of normal and infected people - nothing more, nothing less. Everything else you must find out by yourself. The scoring rules will be the following when the test ends:

-200 points if you end the test as Infected (regardless the number of vaccines)
    -100 points if you end the test as Normal+0
    0 points if you are Normal+1
    After that point, you will earh +50 points for each vaccine beyong the first one (E.g. 5 vaccines=200 points)

Only the first 10 people who have the most vaccines will be able to earn Test Points in this test. If you are below this chart, you will not be able to earn any test points, even if you have acquired 2 or more vaccines. However, you will not lose then either if you manage to cure yourself from infection.

So everyone, make sure to increase the number of vaccine samples you have and save those who are infected. The ones who manage to keep positive balance in points will advance to 4F! Get youself prepared. The most important thing for you is to get cured from infection, nothing more, nothing less. You can "infect" others as much as you want, but if you don't end yourself as "normal" when the test ends, you will probably have even greater trouble then the people that you have previously infected. So make sure that you'll come out clean with as many vaccines as you can!

Your next test will begin at this time:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...2014+21.00+MSK

Feel free to ask me any questions regading the rules of Pandemic Game if you do not understand anything. You have 2 days to get accustomed with those rules. Make yourself ready, regulars!
    Last edited by Fragos; March 28th, 2014 at 09:15 AM.

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

Quote Originally Posted by Tonex View Post
    Why such Liar Game?
    On the contrary the optimal results will actually occur from freedom of information. If everyone is honest, then all but 3 players will end with a vaccine for every other player. Lets just take an example where we are playing with 4 players and 2 is infected.

The 2 non-infected players meet each other gaining +1 vaccine.
    1: Normal+1
    2: Normal+1
    3: Infected+0
    4: Infected+0

Each Normal player vaccinates an infected player.

1: Normal+0
    2: Normal+0
    3: Normal+0
    4: Normal+0

Each player visits with all remaining players.
    3: Normal+1
    4: Normal+1

Resulting in the optimal outcome for ALL PLAYERS INVOLVED.

Edit: I 'd also like to point out that as the number of starting infections increases the net gain of the non-infected players increases for assisting the infected players. With 2 infections you gain nothing, with 3 infections you gain 1 vaccine.
    Last edited by 42shadow42; March 26th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Spoiler : FM Experience :
    Spoiler : L-FM :
    FMXVII FM Roronoa Zoro - Obvious Jester - Lost, FMXVII FM Ryan - Citizen -Lost
    Spoiler : S-FM :
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

30. ISO #80

Quote Originally Posted by Hypersniper View Post
    Gets 2 vaccines

Never contacts anyone

You win
    Oh, so you finally came online, after all. You are hanging on the thread right now, you know? Make sure to win the next test if you don't want to be dropped out of Tower. I probably won't give anyone second chances this time.

Why such Liar Game?
    Why not? This is the theme of the third floor, after all. I'm still questioning myself what I would be using for 4th floor. I might even put those anonymous accounts back in use again. But for now, just focus on this test once it starts.

31. ISO #81

Quote Originally Posted by 42shadow42 View Post
    On the contrary the optimal results will actually occur from freedom of information. If everyone is honest, then all but 3 players will end with a vaccine for every other player. Lets just take an example where we are playing with 4 players and 2 is infected.

The 2 non-infected players meet each other gaining +1 vaccine.
    3: Infected+0
    4: Infected+0

Each Normal player vaccinates an infected player.

1: Normal+0
    2: Normal+0

Each player visits with all remaining players.
    3: Normal+1
    4: Normal+1

Resulting in the optimal outcome for ALL PLAYERS INVOLVED.
    Dicks also exist in this place. You all know how the Room of Trust ended. It was possible for everyone to pass 2F, but as you can see now, 3 people were eliminated at once. So... watch yourselves now!

Oh, and regarding your caculations, 42shadow42... they are wrong. When a Normal+1 contacts Infected+0, he will turn into Infected+0 and turn the previously infected person into Normal+0. So the infection will nott dissapear in you scenario and will look like that:

1: Infected+0
    2: Infected+0

So you need to collect more that one vaccine first if you are intending to cure in the infection. Then, use the second vaccince charge on yourself to be normal again. Not that this might bring you to Normal+0 if you have only used 2 vaccines this way. Remember that you can contact each person only ONCE, regardless of the outcome of contact. Personally I don't believe that someone would be able to obtain more than 5 vaccines by the moment the test ends.
    Last edited by Fragos; March 26th, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

32. ISO #82

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    Dicks also exist in this place. You all know how the Room of Trust ended. It was possible for everyone to pass 2F, but as you can see now, 3 people were eliminated at once. So... watch yourselves now!
    Oh, I know but with the Room of Trust by betraying your teammates you were able to get a superior result, in this challenge cooperation is the only way to achieve maximum results, betrayal in this challenge reduces your score as well as those you betrayed.
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    The problem Shadow is I no longer trust certain players

Anyone else wanna form a treaty to boycott jerks like PoD? Let them suffer for what they did and not get met by anyone.

Shadow's plan sounds good for anyone who wants to pledge to follow it and speak truly about their status
    Here's the beauty of it, each infected player only has to get cooperation from 1 of 11 non-infected players.

35. ISO #85

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post

Oh, and regarding your caculations, 42shadow42... they are wrong. When a Normal+1 contacts Infected+0, he will turn into Infected+0 and turn the previously infected person into Normal+0. So the infection will nott dissapear in you scenario and will look like that:

1: Infected+0
    2: Infected+0

So you need to collect more that one vaccine first if you are intending to cure in the infection. Then, use the second vaccince charge on yourself to be normal again. Not that this might bring you to Normal+0 if you have only used 2 vaccines this way. Remember that you can contact each person only ONCE, regardless of the outcome of contact. Personally I don't believe that someone would be able to obtain more than 5 vaccines by the moment the test ends.
    Ah so then by assisting there is no gain with 3 infected players, and a 50 point gain by assisting for each player beyond the 3. There is however no loss for assistance unless you consider having other players at lower points being an advantage.

Edit: For a frame of reference, Fragos himself thinks that we can only acquire 5 vaccines. By following this strategy 6 players will have 11 Vaccines, the other 8 will have 13, for a net gain of 300-400 points above expectations.
    Last edited by 42shadow42; March 26th, 2014 at 11:08 PM.

36. ISO #86

Ok, guys, let's get a little rehearsal of the game before the real test begins. You will not gain nor lose anything, and Apache will still start the real test as "normal" regular. I want you to have a better understanding of the game before starting the real test. I will send a Private Message to three regulars out there. Those people in the reheasal test will start as "Infected", and everyone else who did not recieve such a PM will start as Normal. Furthermore, you will not be able to learn from me your current status in this rehearsal even if you ask me in a Private Message. I don't expect everyone to be participating in the reheasal, so... just test out your contact actions. Good luck!

Once again, it it just a rehearsal. The real test will begin in this Friday, so keep that in mind!
    Last edited by Fragos; March 26th, 2014 at 11:12 PM.

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    I voted 42shadow42 and tonex, you two dont boycott me please.

I only lied to 2 people. Numbertwo voted me without me asking him. Generous of him
    I knew that, you are the only one that agreed to vote me :P

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

I want to come into contact with 42Shadow42.

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

Oh yeah, before you are planning to come into a contact with a certain person, make sure that person is online first. If you wait too long, you might come into contact with someone else, and by the moment that person returns, your status could be changed already.

Speaking of which, I will allow private communucations between regulars during this test. You will be able to form some kind of truces using Private Messages, Skype, etc... With this, you should be able to have easier time contacting other regulars. Also, make sure to give the "wake up call" to other regulars once the test begins. I might extent the test's durating if there are too few contacts over the course of 3 days, but I hope that won't be needed.

45. ISO #95

ok once the real test begins, as confirmed not infected here is my strategy

the infected send me a private message
    everyone who's not infected send a contact request to me. you can also visit each other, but at your own risk you might get infected.

after that i will have enough vaccines to cure the infected.

then in the last step we make as many contacts as possible so everyone gets more vaccines.
    then everyone gets points and the one who is most online gets most points. fair for everyone.
    FM Stats: Town 8 wins of 12 Mafia 3 of 4 All 11 of 16 (69%)

Complete FM History: Click

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

It's time to close the rehearsal now. Just for your information, Citrus, Numbertwo and Tonex were the Infected in rehearsal.

But this time, the real test, Pandemic Game, starts now!

There will be 14 regulars (list of then is in the first post). 3 of those regulars will start the test as Infected, and Apache will start the test as Normal. However, I'm going to make several adjustments in this test to make the game more competitive.

Only the first 10 people who have the most vaccines will be able to earn Test Points in this test. If you are below this chart, you will not be able to earn any test points, even if you have acquired 2 or more vaccines. However, you will not lose then either if you manage to cure yourself from infection. I will add this in the rules above as well.

Good luck to you all, dear regulars, and stay healthy! I'll send everyone Private Messages about yourstarting status.

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100

The innocent kitten started this test with status "Normal".

I will accept the first two contact requests I get, and then, assuming I end up Normal+2, I will invite someone who is infected to come forth and visit me so that I might cure us both.

If one of the two contact requests I get infects me, I will curse that bastard's name for all eternity.

Good luck, everyone. Have fun!