Proposal Perm Ban Change - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: Proposal Perm Ban Change

Quote Originally Posted by Vagina View Post
    I read through the entire discussion. If we are to release these people of their greatest punishment, do you really think that will solve anything? And if their goal is to get banned, why do they keep on coming back?
    I disagree that their goal is to get banned, thus I had a different approach to this problem.
    Lets say, your home window is often broken by a neighbor boy who plays baseball, is his goal to get all your windows shattered?
    I think everyone is at least reasonable to themselves, so their action must make some sense somewhere.

If we can not solve the incentive behind their action, then we have to kill them in real life to get rid of their influence, it is most bloody violent government do to protesters.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

2. ISO #52

That's a terrible example, because spam accounts/trolls/those who intentionally break the rules would in fact be attempting to break the window in your analogy. And banning isn't the same as killing them, it's punishment for whatever wrongdoing they committed... It's more like an exile effect.

3. ISO #53

The example serves a starting story. At the first place, the boy is not here to break your windows. Similarly, at the first place, they were not coming to ruin games. The events escalated and Israeli has increasing difficulty to restore no peace.

If there is a way to eliminate unwanted part, it is desired and machinery. For all initial rulers will execute all unwanted citizens.

However, human business and policies are not entire lifeless machine. People react and there are always people who do not quit.

There are reasons why America killed Bin Laden right where he stood, and throw its remain into the sea. Other than bring him back alive and throw into jail and process through legal system. My history teacher gives us this hint : Jesus came back. American surely doesn't want Bin Laden came back.It is also one most intriguing argument whether Batman should let joker alive. After all, Exile works in history because the criminals can not come back, but in our case, those people always come back.

Those most serious game ruiners are often the same group of people who are already on the banlist. They gain increasing numbers because increasing number people are banned. A portion of them are hard core terminator troll. We could not lawsuit them and such.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    Lets say, your home window is often broken by a neighbor boy who plays baseball, is his goal to get all your windows shattered?
    The boy likes to play baseball. But he felt that normal baseball is getting boring. Thus, he raised the stakes by playing near your window for the thrills.

Aim for the window! Don't miss your hit or the window will break! Such games are not fun for other baseball players.

5. ISO #55

Your heart is in the right place. But you lack realistic practical experiences; you rely too much on idealistic theories.

And your solutions are simplistic and not well thought out.

I propose another solution.

Cancel the perm ban, instead, add another list of "non-protection list" stored not in criminal account's bank but other people's bank:

Meta: A person choose to disrespect public rule is be to abandoned and to be left no protection.
    Protection from what and from whom? Isn't the current system attempting to do that now?

Detail:
    Once a person violated so many rules that the person hits a permban level.
    The person is not protected by our rules.

Use huge big words in begining of the game says:
    "Because <Accountname><Accountname><Accountname> and <Accountname> exist in the game, everyone is allowed to game throw and enjoy the blast!"

In that particular game,
    Any abuse, public harassment, humiliation from both mods and public are allowed to be happened on them and to the game in any games they in.
    This idea is retarded. It shows that you have no inkling of why laws exist.

Why do you suggest others players stoop to such a low level. Unlike you, most players don't find it fun to abuse/harass/humiliate other players (trolls or otherwise). They just want a normal game, and now you are suggesting that they gamethrow like the trolls.

Oh, and seeing their own names popping up in such notifications just made the trolls feel better.

6. ISO #56

loiuswill said that the government has no business in executing criminals, and such policies will not solve crime; criminals should be killed by mob lynch instead.

I hereby propose this fallacious analogy: loiuswill advocated public stoning, the ones implemented by the Taliban.

7. ISO #57

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Protection from what and from whom? Isn't the current system attempting to do that now?
    Protect individual rights from being violated by any other person or group.
    The current system is not doing that to unprotect them.

Why do you suggest others players stoop to such a low level. Unlike you, most players don't find it fun to abuse/harass/humiliate other players (trolls or otherwise). They just want a normal game, and now you are suggesting that they gamethrow like the trolls.

Oh, and seeing their own names popping up in such notifications just made the trolls feel better.
    Only harm and hate make troll feels better. Love and welcome disgust them the most. Either you have never been a troll or simply never think of their behavior.

They wanted a normal game and they threw game, yes.
    Communism tries to help people but really just kill people off.
    US politician speaks of roll back government but really only propose to cut social welfare section.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    loiuswill said that the government has no business in executing criminals, and such policies will not solve crime; criminals should be killed by mob lynch instead.

I hereby propose this fallacious analogy: loiuswill advocated public stoning, the ones implemented by the Taliban.
    Police are professionals. Admins and Mods are not paid. You put hope that charity can save the world forever by itself? I wonder who is the idealist here, equip yourself some basic equipment and think you can go to battleground.
    We don't really have a government or policeforce in sc2mafia, because no one is professional.
    And Yes. I'm going for a mob lynch against extremists. I already said that in OP "I'm using public discrimination blah blah blah..."

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Vagina View Post
    Louiswill, why would you want such an idiotic thing to take place? This would solve nothing.
    I have listed many supports shows this method would solve the coming back problem. If there is a way to eliminate targets then you will proceed, but there is currently no way you can block them effectively.

10. ISO #60

I get Louiswill's idea.... They won't have the "THRILL" anymore to do what they do...*for some trolls* However, People may still react when they see a certain Troll's name, and instantly leave or whatever... Hence , they win the round. I don't know if this will work because, they will probably still be playing starcraft, and just try later. And how would this system work? Why couldn't they just create a starter account where the system doesn't have them on file? Iv'e seen what some of the different ones do (trolls) Some will join lobby's , and just invite ppl to pend purposefully... Some will join a game with a party , with the intent to day 1 gamethrow their partners (mafia , triad) etc... , < I would consider that hardcore > others will join a party, and skype to cheat, perhaps with the intent to win? < those I wouldn't necessarily consider hardcore>

Here's how it all goes I have found out...... ( a better example of explaining it)

Example 1. Troll 1, Troll 2, Troll 3 join.....Game starts .....They spam very offensive things when game is being setup trying to get a leave train going , and/or trying to get host. If this doesn't work, they will then gamethrow day 1, while spamming in game.
    Any trolls goal is: A. To get people mad enough to leave by lobby spam, or pending the lobby. B. offend people C. (A step further) Gamethrow, cheat , skyping D. Spam *in game* includes pausing. (not a hardcore troll) \ F. Bank Hacking If said Troll combines A,B,C,D,E (or any perhaps 2 or more) they are a hardcore troll, and it shows they actually NEED this extra attention because doing E, or D, or B, or A wasn't enough. I think F. " bank hacking " usually comes after E,D,B,A

My theory is usually Trolls start out with A. if they aren't satisfied, (get enough attention) they will continue onto D, (in game spam) , then B, then C, then F, if they really care enough to continue , hence "hardcore" Then when PERMA BANNED, (they won't care if they are hardcore) they will continue doing all these because it makes them happy to see all these things accomplished.

So this is why I would say I don't think the hardcore trolls would care if the other players are abusing/harassing/gamethrowing them. Because , They would still have an objective, just by them joining It's just the same as " OH NECROS HERE GG!" The game would be ruined, only faster , because the said person is there, and then nothing matters/chaos starts. So they have already won their objective (and faster) because they have joined. They want people to have a bad experience. So essentially you are helping them achieve that objective faster. (that is if I get what you are saying, Louis) *usually day 2 people will lynch trolls anyway, OR N1 kill them if they know their name, but if the troll happens to be mafia, etc they will give away the roles of the mafia/triad/cult, <which sometimes works because they will get bored and quit to start next game of trolling >

The most important thing though is, They will be the ones laughing, because they will say : HEY I GOT THE MODS/ DR to change the rules for me. So I guess to sum it up, 2 questions. (one I asked earlier)
    #1. If the said Troll has a new starter account , how is the game going to know the account is that person? (smurf)
    #2. How would this stop a reaction from the people that play mafia. I.E. " OH NO It's NECRO! GG" * quits* Reaction being: people quitting after going in the lobby seeing said Troll , knowing what's going to happen, or quitting in game. (so what I mean is they would still say "HEY NOW WE CAN GET PEOPLE TO GAME THROW WITH US!)

ALSO, Louis you have inspired me , I have thought of a better idea, when said Trolls join, instead of your idea, Adding a system where the game auto kills the said trolls, and puts them in a sort of "jail" if you will so they can't talk to anyone else but themselves. they would get bored of that real fast! Or, maybe, when the game creation is going on, HEY TROLL is here, instant jail, so they can't be host , & can't spam (all they can do is quit) so basically jail is they can't talk to anyone , or do anything ...(maybe other fellow trolls if you wanted to ) This could work for all trolls even not just hardcore but idk ....

*IMPORTANT NOTE, I am NOT the real necro, I originally made this username for fun. you can pm me for more info.*
    Last edited by Psyduck; March 19th, 2014 at 12:11 AM. Reason: important edit
    people once said that Firebringer played legit for example

11. ISO #61

Well, those are their behavior not really their goal. I think everyone's priority goal to do any kind of activity is to satisfy themselves.
    Troll is feed by rages, but I think to the worst, it will be like youtube comment area Or CoD live steam.
    However, I have faith in the mafia gamer community, providing this game require and emphasis thinking skills other than instinct.

If wisdom can not save enough souls, then it would be rather hopeless.

You behavior analysis on trolls worth reading, it is comprehended and well written. I'm glad to see more cannibal trolls.

I think your new idea worth digging, maybe you could start a new post and polish the idea a little bit.
    Last edited by louiswill; March 19th, 2014 at 12:30 AM.

12. ISO #62

Okay, okay, i agree this happened ages ago, but i have to rwply this.
    Everything listed below is my own opinion. Do not react to this aggresively.

Trolls are parasite.
    Some game is a leaf.
    Some rules prevent parasitea from spreading/kill them, if something else didn't work.
    Yet they appear again, mutating from leaf's cells and killing some again and again.
    Destroying rules will make parasite spread even faster, killing more and more cells.
    At some point, parasite will kill all cells.

In other words.
    Troll Feast wil ruin ALL community BEFORE long term actions activate.

By the way, i thought that lisy where you can't do anything except talk and quit is Stump List, i've heard abt it somewhere.