Tower of God - 2F
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

Post Tower of God - 2F

Welcome again, dear regulars (and irregulars as well). How are you resting?

The 2F test is scheduled to start on this Friday, 28th. Until then, feel free to rest and discuss your Tower of God progression. I'll post the rules for the next test 1 day before it begins, and as usual, each and every one of you will receive a PM when the next test starts. For now, I will announce the name of the next test:

Tower of God - 2F: The Room of Trust

As I already said before, the next test will require an attention of everyone currently present, and will be probably used to weed out anyone who does not have the will and determination to climb the Tower. In fact, each one of you can actually clear 2F without being eliminated, given the certain circumstances. However, don't expect it to be easy - you will have to take more than one test in order to complete the whole trial on 2F.

In the meantime, feel free to guess about what the next test's rules would look like. Since M-FM Hunger Games has been ended, you should have plenty of time in participating in ToG. So, feel free to chat with me or other regulars about the Tower. I'll see you again when the second test starts, folks!

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

2. ISO #2

Re: Tower of God - 2F

I'm going to move the start time a little ahead, since the entire test is going to last 72 hours. Finally, the rules of this test will be now announced:

Tower of God - 2F: The Room of Trust

In this test you will learn how to trust each other. Trust and the ability to convince people will be very improtant in the process of climibing the Tower of God, and this test can clearly demonstrate that. In this test, each regular can vote for two people. Each person should vote for two people that he wants to climb the tower. You can only submit your vote action by sending a Private Message to me directly. So, where I am leaning to, you might ask?

To pass this test (and earn points for passing it), each of you must be voted by at least two people. You will be rewarded with 100 Test Points should you manage to achieve your objective, and additional 100 Points for any extra person that votes for you. You can pass the test only if you are voted by at least two people. You will not earn any points if only one person votes for you. You will also lose 100 Test Points if you are such a jerk to the point that no one wants to vote you.

There are several catches in this test you you must keep in mind. First, as I said, you votes will only count if you send a PM to me directly. Second, each regular can get to vote only ONCE in this test. No redos whatsover. Third, some people can choose not to vote at all. In fact, you can still win even if you have not casted your votes, as long as you are voted by two or more people. Any regular who manages to achieve his primary objective without voting himself will get twice the amount of Test Points that he would normally receive. For example, if that person gets voted by 3 people without voting himself, he will earh 400 points (100 for winning + 100 for additional person)x2. How cleverly you manage to convince other regulars to vote for you will be up to you, but remember this - someone HAS to vote in order for someone else to pass the test. Obviosly, you cannot vote for yourself.

If you don't pass the test... well it certainly will not be the end of you. You might not lose points if you have at least one vote on you, but I guarantee that the test that will come after that will be much more difficult to complete for those who did not pass The Room of Trust. So, I wish you all good luck, dear regulars! The test will begin at this time:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=28.02.2014+12.00+PM+MSK

There will be the following test participants:

AppleyNO
    Damus_Graves
    Citrus
    Hypersniper
    powerofdeath
    louiswill
    Bahkieh

Numbertwo
    Ika

RLVG
    Apache

Fatalis
    Glip
    J
    42shadow42
    Tonex

NoctiZ will not be able to participate in this test, but he still should keep track on the other regulars, because he is going to take part in the test that will follow after that.
    Last edited by Fragos; February 26th, 2014 at 11:18 PM.

FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

It is time to discuss meta.

Lets discuss minium wage,

Give me a comprehensive and sound argument that Fed minimum wage 10.10$ is good for economy.

Then I will deliver my vote to the two people out of first Four answers I like.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

I like how you would like to talk about meta, but the test has not been started yet. You can still ask question about the test if you want. 72 hours is a plenty of time for everyone to participate.

So please be patient and wait until the test starts. I will send everyone PMs soon.

7. ISO #7

The 2F test, The Room of Trust, is now officially started! You can now start your discussion and send your vote actions to me.

Just keep this in mind: You can only vote ONCE in a game. I will accept only the very first vote action, any votes that you'll try to send after that will NOT count. So choose your votes CAREFULLY.

Good luck to you all, regulars!

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post

Give me a comprehensive and sound argument that Fed minimum wage 10.10$ is good for economy.

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Because a different number is bad.
    Not enough.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    The innocent kitten knows no deceit.

The first two to ask for my vote shall receive it.

The innocent kitten will be very sad if he does not receive votes in return, but not surprised.
    Well, you're bright and would be the best team mate if there were cooperation on the endgame and would be a good opponent.
    Vote for vote, aye?

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Well, you're bright and would be the best team mate if there were cooperation on the endgame and would be a good opponent.
    Vote for vote, aye?
    Agreed.

And with that, both of my votes have been set (someone else PM'd me), so all further applicants for my votes will be denied due to "You snooze, you lose."

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

It took you this long to give me a "WRONG!" reply, even though I didn't give a fuck about it?

It took that long because the host told me the game wasn't beginning yet.

23. ISO #23

It doesn't matter what the minimum wages is. Once the government increase the minimum wage, the prices for like almost everything also increase.

24. ISO #24

Lol, the federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour...

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by Tonex View Post
    There's really no reason to increase it, since the poor will prolly still stay poor from inflation
    Not true. Simply because middle class also spend money on manufacture goods and fast food chain. The inflation is upon everyone, and poor people get an 3 dollar increase. So poor people will take less hit on inflation.

Greatest Inflation damage is on rich bank account, poor people have no savings.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

There is a way we can all get one vote. Pass your vote to the person below you on Fragos's list. We can all make it. L

Last person vote the top person obv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Not true. Simply because middle class also spend money on manufacture goods and fast food chain. The inflation is upon everyone, and poor people get an 3 dollar increase. So poor people will take less hit on inflation.

Greatest Inflation damage is on rich bank account, poor people have no savings.
    No, what I'm saying is that increasing minimum wage as an act itself will cause inflation. Disregarding the inflation that happens in the background, the poor will have a sudden influx of money that they did not have before. However, most of the extra money will be put into the purchase of consumer goods (such as food, electronics, etc) in attempt to relieve their state of poorness. However these consumer goods are produced by the middle class or mass produced by the upper class. Who do then store some of the money (as the whole idea of being not poor is that you don't NEED more money). This ends up in more build up of money in the low and upper class, allowing them to inflate prices to get that money that builds up. However, that ends up negatively impacting the poor who had the increased wages in the first place. Thus, in the short term it may be beneficial to the poor, but in the long term, nothing really changes, or might be worse, depending on how inflation is caused.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

No, what I'm saying is that increasing minimum wage as an act itself will cause inflation. Disregarding the inflation that happens in the background, the poor will have a sudden influx of money that they did not have before. However, most of the extra money will be put into the purchase of consumer goods (such as food, electronics, etc) in attempt to relieve their state of poorness. However these consumer goods are produced by the middle class or mass produced by the upper class. Who do then store some of the money (as the whole idea of being not poor is that you don't NEED more money). This ends up in more build up of money in the low and upper class, allowing them to inflate prices to get that money that builds up. However, that ends up negatively impacting the poor who had the increased wages in the first place. Thus, in the short term it may be beneficial to the poor, but in the long term, nothing really changes, or might be worse, depending on how inflation is caused.
    That is correct but not enough to say this negative impact is greater than the increase of the wages.
    In a given market, inflation encourage currency circulation, and currency circulation encourage inflation.
    That is not enough to determine that currency circulation is bad nor the inflation has greater impact than minimum wage increase.

Come back to this game, I was asking how the minimum wage might benefit the economy. I think you are going backward. I can't vote you for that.

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    We both know that will never happen.
    Not true.

Suppose there are 8 amnesiac in a game, it is still possible to make everyone of them to pick the town corpse in a graveyard as long as they feel it is easy to win with.

This theory can be well proven soon.

However, allow me to point out the truth behind your comment:

As long as one of the person disobey, then someone else will lose.

This Externality is the core of this game.
    Decision you make doesn't impact yourself.

39. ISO #39

That is correct but not enough to say this negative impact is greater than the increase of the wages.
    In a given market, inflation encourage currency circulation, and currency circulation encourage inflation.
    That is not enough to determine that currency circulation is bad nor the inflation has greater impact than minimum wage increase.

Come back to this game, I was asking how the minimum wage might benefit the economy. I think you are going backward. I can't vote you for that.
    To keep the flow of money stable, or something, without making the poor too upset about it.

As for my vote, I have someone in mind already but my vote is not cast. A second one that make it deserving, hmm...
    By the way, I bet majority have already voted for their favorites, so your plans suck and fail.

40. ISO #40

To keep the flow of money stable, or something, without making the poor too upset about it.
    Good point but lack supporting evidences.

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    you never said anything about evidence...
    I said I will vote to the two answers I like the most.
    Since I'm the one who ask questions, I can be as picky as I want to.

What's your opinion btw?

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

Alright then, if you're like that...

The 2nd vote of mine will go to the one that can give me the best reasoning of why 1.618 is better than 3.14.
    I would like to give it a shot:

1.618 doesn't appear on your final exams as much as 3.14.
    Though both 1.618 and 3.14 help people make beautiful images, but for sake of exams and homework, 1.618 is much better.
    3.14 is a school life nightmare.

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by Numbertwo View Post
    Equal wages is probably best for the economy. It doesn't matter how high or low they are as long as they are equal.
    1.If everyone get same wage then because income = spend, then everything will cost the same.
    In that sense, no one will bother to do any research and innovations, because the comparative advantage is destroyed.

It would be really bad, and that is one reason perfect communism economic model can only exist when everyone has exactly same level of education and skills. In reality, equal wage almost always cause equal poverty.

2. if the equal wage is high enough to make everyone makes a saving over certain percentage of their income, in a short run, the circulation of money will halt and economy will be damaged.

48. ISO #48

Naw, my answer is legit, I'm just noting the increase in minimum wage was "intended" to benefit the poor. However it does not fulfill that, as it instead increases cash flow, which does benefit the economy. But not so much the poor.

49. ISO #49

Naw, my answer is legit, I'm just noting the increase in minimum wage was "intended" to benefit the poor. However it does not fulfill that, as it instead increases cash flow, which does benefit the economy. But not so much the poor.
    Then I will put you as one candidate for my vote.

50. ISO #50