1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: Allow Hosts to post in closed threads

/support

I think what I did when I hosted was go into a different thread to use the advanced editor, previewed everything to make it nice, copy pasted upon opening my thread
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

7. ISO #7

Wuuu...I always dreamed about posting in between and says "The Night Ends immediately and all evils are go out celebrate national holiday!"
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

This, or a similar mod (can't find a free one) is the only feasible way to do this:

https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/produ...up-moderators/

If anyone can find another self-moderation vBulletin mod that's free, chime in.

The problem is that vBulletin doesn't support assigning moderators at a thread level by default.

EDIT:

Derp; there's a lite version that appears to be free.
    Last edited by Lysergic; February 22nd, 2014 at 03:10 AM.

10. ISO #10

I like how the question is asked without a single suggestion on how it could be accomplished lol. Lysergic is a boss. I didn't read that product fully, but does a threadmin had to be assigned each time, or is it automatically the thread's creator?

I agree with Creed, though. If it could be isolated to S-FM, sure. If not, it'll just be a huge mess.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Lazers View Post
    why can't you just write shit in notepad and then copy paste it into the open thread and close it within 10 seconds

I doubt anyone could be able to post in that period
    This is exactly what I used to do lol. You can even click the option to automatically close the thread after your post submits.

13. ISO #13

I keep the formatting of things when I copy paste, so I usually copy + paste my opening/closing posts, changing only the important things and shorting the time it takes to post after opening.

I feel ya though
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    Spitballing here but I think you could create a second closed option.. Or create a host user group that allows the creator of a thread to post in his closed thread. I doubt this is a very helpful suggestion but hip shots can't hurt troubleshooting
    With the software we have for the forums, there is no way to give the host of a thread specific abilities unique of anyone who posts in the thread.
    Can't create a Host usergroup that wouldn't end up essentially making anyone who is a host, Mod of the whole section, i.e. MFM.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    Spitballing here but I think you could create a second closed option.. Or create a host user group that allows the creator of a thread to post in his closed thread. I doubt this is a very helpful suggestion but hip shots can't hurt troubleshooting
    Like Creed explained, doing this would result in EVERY host being able to post in EVERY closed thread. This includes other people's SFM's, and also official stickies and whatnot.

The ONLY way to implement this suggestion is with a vBulletin mod like threadmin.

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    Like Creed explained, doing this would result in EVERY host being able to post in EVERY closed thread. This includes other people's SFM's, and also official stickies and whatnot.

The ONLY way to implement this suggestion is with a vBulletin mod like threadmin.
    Which, btw, is probably one of the cleverest names I think I've ever seen for something.