Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Quiting during Trial change.

What we implimented:
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I think a better solution would be to lynch them based on what the votes were like when they quit, rather than lynch anyone who leaves.

Alright, I've seen this a few times, to the point I feel there should be an option to enable this to occur. I'll paint a small scenario:

Two town members, one serial killer, one godfather. Town members are a jailor and investigator. Godfather convinces the town to support him in winning, and puts up the serial killer for lynching; everyone knows who is who. Serial killer is upset with the turn of events because he will end up losing, and decides to rage quit out of the game because he'll be executed. The two town members vote innocent, and the jailor then locks up the Godfather. He's out of executions, however he was able to roleblock him and the town then lynched the Godfather the following day.

What happened here? The Godfather was, for all intents and purposes, going to win the game. He managed to survive long enough to force it to a stand-off where only votes would secure his victory. Town had no real chance in any possible situation for them to win. It would all boil down to a 1-1-1 if Godfather decided not to kill the jailor, and SK didn't kill roleblockers. So obviously, it boils down to either letting SK win by default, or lynching the SK. Town elected to lynch the SK and provide the Godfather with his win. However... well, you see where the story suddenly changes. An unforeseen circumstance occurred, and provided a loop-hole for town to win, when they had no real possible chance at all. It was poor sportsmanship that permitted them a win, and nothing else.

My proposal? Allow a setting to be turned on, or off, which forces a trial to end with the defendant being lynched if he "gives up on life" aka quitting while on trial. It's pretty much an instant admittance of guilt. They should be lynched for it. While I know a lot of people might argue this is a benefit that public matches may rely upon, it's a dirty mechanic that's awarded because of players with poor attitudes and no patience.

Thoughts? Opinions?
    Last edited by creedkingsx; February 6th, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
    Signature done by opps_ur_dead

His skills are unrivaled.

2. ISO #2

Re: Quiting during Trial change.

It'd be one thing if the town was winning as a result of poor sportsmanship on thier part, but it isn't.
    Another thing seen often is when 3 towns leave at the beginning of the game and suddenyl the game starts with 6 town v 7 non-town.
    Should we implement a mechanic that turns 2 of the non-town to town?

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Creedkingsx View Post
    It'd be one thing if the town was winning as a result of poor sportsmanship on thier part, but it isn't.
    Another thing seen often is when 3 towns leave at the beginning of the game and suddenyl the game starts with 6 town v 7 non-town.
    Should we implement a mechanic that turns 2 of the non-town to town?
    That's a little different than you working all the way to the end of the game to get your win, only to have it dragged out from you because someone left the game a minute too soon.

4. ISO #4

~~~
    Same concept.
    I get the point you are making and I do see the points as understandable. I just don't, personally, agree with the solution.
    Using your words, what if those 2 towns worked harder to get a win only to have it come down to a 2v1v1 and disappointment and stuff. Suddenly a light of hope as someone rage quits.
    Besides, the time to vote Inno or Guilty is like 30 seconds, the time post-vote is significantly longer. There is a better chance the leaver will leave after the vote than before the vote.
    Strictly based off the proportion of time.

5. ISO #5

I Generally pity the SK.

Godfather has a Team, invulunable at night, immu to detection.

In this setup,

Sk can't even kill roleblocker.

IF I were town, I would let SK win.
    ---------
    as you see, whoever should win on this case is arguable.

Hardworking town/difficult sk/smart godfather?

However,

it is not the case.

As you proposed, the most legit decision maybe better fall on the host's choice.

Therefore I think such an option is good.

I do not know if it would do much though,

How about if we make it go further?
    --------
    Dead people should be able to vote and decide whoever should win 1v1v1 ? But they can not vote their own faction.

And Host's vote count as 4.

--
    If someday, mafia become a more competition sport, such a rule will be necessary.

Then we will have some misjudgement and audiences will booo and rampage..
    Last edited by louiswill; February 6th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

6. ISO #6

@Creed
    The exact reason I suggested this is because I've been apart of town several times to see this happen, and us get a very "lucky" win. Perhaps my suggestion isn't the best way to go about this, but I'm seeing a lot more people rage quit the moment they get put on trial. Maybe I just have bad luck? I just believe this is something that needs to be looked at. Primary reason why I suggested it be a feature that can be turned on, or off, by the Host's discretion.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I think a better solution would be to lynch them based on what the votes were like when they quit, rather than lynch anyone who leaves.
    I think the problem can also be veiwed as this:

Person X gets sent to trial, before voting phase they quit. What do you do then?

I do like that idea as well though if it goes to it. Maybe have an auto-guilty?

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10