Customizable win conditions
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Customizable win conditions

I'm not expecting this to be implemented anytime soon, but I was wondering if this is possible.

For example, in a special save, I would like executioner to lynch his target and then get lynched during the day.
    or cult recruiting a total of 4 members to win ( does not imply that the other factions lose)

Of course, the win conditions have to be already defined in what we know in the game.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Customizable win conditions

I personally do not agree with it. Neutral roles already have a set grounds to win because it fits their roles total over-all goal. You're a killing role? Kill off all your enemies. You're an insane guy who wants to die? Get lynched. You're a survivor? Live to the end. Town, you can't alter that at all since it's a group faction that's trying to purge their town of all evil-doers, in the eyes of the "common good", where as mafia/triad are trying to take over the town, and will stomp out all who get in their way. The only roles that could be changed, would be the neutrals. Which would do far more damage than it would do good. Changing the win conditions of a role, would mean you would have to possibly alter the entire way the role's mechanics work, so their new win-condition goal can be met. Which causes more work, more balancing to do, more bug fixes, more tweaks, and not to mention an over-haul to the current UI since there's limited space to work with on role options and situations.
    Signature done by opps_ur_dead

His skills are unrivaled.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: Customizable win conditions

Quote Originally Posted by McKinley View Post
    I personally do not agree with it. Neutral roles already have a set grounds to win because it fits their roles total over-all goal. You're a killing role? Kill off all your enemies. You're an insane guy who wants to die? Get lynched. You're a survivor? Live to the end. Town, you can't alter that at all since it's a group faction that's trying to purge their town of all evil-doers, in the eyes of the "common good", where as mafia/triad are trying to take over the town, and will stomp out all who get in their way. The only roles that could be changed, would be the neutrals. Which would do far more damage than it would do good. Changing the win conditions of a role, would mean you would have to possibly alter the entire way the role's mechanics work, so their new win-condition goal can be met. Which causes more work, more balancing to do, more bug fixes, more tweaks, and not to mention an over-haul to the current UI since there's limited space to work with on role options and situations.
    I can see your point, but that's the purpose of the customization. Each role will have it's own win condition. For example, town is not necessarily a faction anymore. let's say in my setup, the doctor's win condition is to make a fortune by successfully healing 3 people. If he do that, he wins, regardless whether the town wins or not.
    Also note that you do not have to design your setups like you normally do, meaning you can have 1 town in your setup and still manage to have it balanced.

Now the only problem is that mafia and triad are joined by their night chat so you can't separate their alignment
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10