FMXXI: Players choice
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who hosts FM-21

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yayap and his cohost host it with the possibility of a mid-game pause.

2 7.14%
  • Someone else hosts it and Yayap takes Fm22

19 67.86%
  • Don't care either way.

7 25.00%
  1. ISO #1

FMXXI: Players choice

Due to my grandparents health, I may have to head out to my grandparents for an undetermined period of time at any given moment right now, leaving my FM up in question. So I have 2 choices:

1- Host FM21 with the possibility of a pause mid-game for an undetermined time period (anywheres from weeks to over a month)
    or
    2- Let someone else host 21 and I host 22 during the summer.

I'm fine either way. But since I don't know when or how long I will be gone, and with the complexity of my game, not willing to leave it all with my cohost while gone, I thought I would let the players decide if they are willing to accept the fact that there could be a mid game pause or if they would prefer someone else take 21 and wait for the anticipated FM-X2.

I'll check the results of the poll January 15th. If I'm hosting, I'll start setting it up as well as reveal the rest of the setup.
    Last edited by Yayap; January 8th, 2014 at 06:56 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: FMXXI: Players choice

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    Due to my grandparents health, I may have to head out to my grandparents for an undetermined period of time at any given moment right now, leaving my FM up in question. So I have 2 choices:

1- Host FM21 with the possibility of a pause mid-game for an undetermined time period (anywheres from weeks to over a month)
    or

I'm fine either way. But since I don't know when or how long I will be gone, and with the complexity of my game, not willing to leave it all with my cohost while gone, I thought I would let the players decide if they are willing to accept the fact that there could be a mid game pause or if they would prefer someone else take 21 and wait for the anticipated FM-X2.

I'll check the results of the poll January 15th. If I'm hosting, I'll start setting it up as well as reveal the rest of the setup.
    I remmeber the last game you hosted, you modkilled me becuase I was grieving the loss of my grandmother that week and didnt have time to respond to your message detailing all the happenings of the game in a very short few hours time period. SO I vote that you host no games.

i<3cryptonic

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post

or

I'm very sorry to hear that, and I wish you and your grandparents the best over the coming months

5. ISO #5

Hmm, maybe you could use my assitance again? I remember One Piece themed FM was a blast.

What about Naruto themed FM, hmm? 2 months is a fairly good enough time to do some planning. Of course that will be up to Slaol and the rest to decide.

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    Hmm, maybe you could use my assitance again? I remember One Piece themed FM was a blast.

What about Naruto themed FM, hmm? 2 months is a fairly good enough time to do some planning. Of course that will be up to Slaol and the rest to decide.
    i still know the old host list, so if it has not changed there are already plenty of people who are willing to go beforehand, i do have a good idea on who it would be anyway if they do it

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Guys. I am literally the only person worth mentioning.

9. ISO #9

Yea, it was a blast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I remmeber the last game you hosted, you modkilled me becuase I was grieving the loss of my grandmother that week and didnt have time to respond to your message detailing all the happenings of the game in a very short few hours time period. SO I vote that you host no games.
    I wouldn't hold that against him. I mean, obviously your family and their health are more important than the game, so it makes sense that you would be with them instead of playing the game, but how is Yayap supposed to know that? And even if he did know, it kind of sucks for the players to have someone not participating potentially soaking up night actions/ artificially raising required number of votes for lynches and stuff.

That being said, a 1 month gap in the middle of a game would totally kill the momentum of it and I'm sure a lot of people would forget about it or get really busy and activity after the break could suffer a lot as a result. As much as I want to play your game, Yayap, I'd rather play when you have time to host it fully without having to worry about family issues.

I hope everything turns out ok with your grandparents.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
    I wouldn't hold that against him. I mean, obviously your family and their health are more important than the game, so it makes sense that you would be with them instead of playing the game, but how is Yayap supposed to know that? And even if he did know, it kind of sucks for the players to have someone not participating potentially soaking up night actions/ artificially raising required number of votes for lynches and stuff.

That being said, a 1 month gap in the middle of a game would totally kill the momentum of it and I'm sure a lot of people would forget about it or get really busy and activity after the break could suffer a lot as a result. As much as I want to play your game, Yayap, I'd rather play when you have time to host it fully without having to worry about family issues.

I hope everything turns out ok with your grandparents.
    I was a citizen, he knew about it and then with just a few hours time period that it would be normal
    For someone to not be around he mod killed me because in a pm I didn't explain every single happening to him in the game. I wasn't ruining the game. But I do agree a long pause would just ruin the game. It's pointless to host.

i<3cryptonic

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    If you host a game with a month pause, I'm going to cut your fucking balls off. It would cause a horrible mess on the SFM subforum. Please don't.
    Lol, I actually laughed about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I was a citizen, he knew about it and then with just a few hours time period that it would be normal
    For someone to not be around he mod killed me because in a pm I didn't explain every single happening to him in the game. I wasn't ruining the game. But I do agree a long pause would just ruin the game. It's pointless to host.
    I guess he figured your family stuff would take precedence over the game and that as a result you likely would not be very active for the rest of the game. Which is a pretty reasonable conclusion to make, in my opinion. Though judging by your response, it appears it was not the correct one in this case. I suppose Yayap has to be wrong about something every now and then.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Speaking of which, I'll ignore my plans for major FM if my next M-FM gets finally voted. Of course I'll do some tune-ups if nessesary.

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    The M-FM has concluded!!

Will FM XXI Setup and Signups be posted soon?
    To officially speak on this. Someone was asked to step into the FM 21 slot, but they also came in to fill in for the person that came in to fill in for Yayap.....
    Anyway, I asked Cryptonic to throw up another M-FM cycle to give the new host appropriate time to prepare. It should be a good one though.

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    To officially speak on this. Someone was asked to step into the FM 21 slot, but they also came in to fill in for the person that came in to fill in for Yayap.....
    Anyway, I asked Cryptonic to throw up another M-FM cycle to give the new host appropriate time to prepare. It should be a good one though.
    Thanks for the reply, I figured by now haha.