Chat Moderation
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Chat Moderation

1. ISO #1

Chat Moderation

So this CJ issue..

New [15-12, 11:08] ThinkLiveLife: I feel like people have issues. Making them bottle em up just leads to big issues
    New [15-12, 11:09] ThinkLiveLife: Being able to blow off steam is a great thing. If people are mature enough to handle it then it will build comradery and make for a stronger community over all.
    New [15-12, 11:10] ThinkLiveLife: I think it is only out of line when you see someone go to make a personal attack on a player with the goal of hurting them. If there is a reason behind a topic it can be good for the community. Taking off these kid gloves is a step in the right direction.

I feel like dragging this into a forum where we can actually have the conversation in a structured way. This is how I see the situation.

As a community we are a group of random people with common interests. Some of us are friends and others hold grudges. I am a huge fan of getting things out in the open and delt with. Most of the long term friends I have our friendships started with points of contention. I think it is healthy. You address whatever issues and move on. You don't bury them and fight in some silly passive aggressive way that abides by a code of conduct. That code of conduct should be established by the people in the community.
    People will always conform to social norms. When a community stands up and says 'This is not right' people change their behavior or separate from that community. To stand up like this takes courage. It means putting yourself out there and taking a risk. We have been in a position where this is dampened for a long time. Obviously lines will get crossed but as a community it can be moderated. There is a difference to promoting chaos and creating it with an end. I find it offensive that this community has been so willing to shelter destructive people with an excuse of morality. Let them show their true colors and be purged. Let this community grow together and ground itself in doing so.

All that aside I really want to hear what people think of this entire ordeal.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Chat Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Numbertwo View Post
    This is a communist forum. The moderators think they can controll uss.
    I think they can seeing as that they are 'moderators' and hold the power.

What I am trying to say is that opening CJ in the way we did gave power to the community to self moderate. Taking it away just made this sort of comment more prevalent.

6. ISO #6

Re: Chat Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Numbertwo View Post
    This is a communist forum. The moderators think they can controll uss.
    That is called political monopoly.

Real communists are Gorbachev type, free speeches.

There is almost no real communists alive these days now, only crappy autocracy ones left to live.

I think all we need to do with CJ is to prevent the new CJ post showing up at the home pages section "New Forum Post".

So that negative energy will have to advertise it selves.

Other ethical people can use GD instead.

Why anyone want to post something serious in a forum called CircleJerk anyway.

Easy solve.
    Last edited by louiswill; December 15th, 2013 at 01:22 PM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11