The Gate of Steiner Achievement
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

The Gate of Steiner Achievement

Now that the contest is over, I'd like to explain how to get the Gate of Steiner achievement. Me and a bunch of pubs had this huge game awhile ago where we all got Gate of Steiner at the same time. -there was no skyping involved. It was mostly bus drivers with 2 beguilers. On the first night all of the bus drivers switched themselves with 1, and the beguilers hid behind 1. Then on the second night they all switched with 2, then 3, you get the idea. Once they had switched with everyone (about 11 nights since a few people had left), we decided to go for Marathon too, and got about 800 points at the end. Having a bus driver "train" (switching yourself with the person below you) seems to work as well, but we did both.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: The Gate of Steiner Achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuton View Post
    I need this achievement, help me out with it Sam ?
    The save was 2 Beguilers, 1 Sheriff, and the rest Bus drivers, don't know why the sheriff was in there but I don't think it's needed. Beguilers should have unlimited hides. If you tell people that you can get them a 500 point achievement, they will usually repick you. Just put that save up and tell everyone to bus themselves with 1 on the first night (or hide behind 1), and do the same to 2 on the second night, etc. until everyone has the achievement. The people who are being bussed (1 on the first night for example) should bus themselves with another bus driver.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

I got the Zombie Suicide today..

I got lynched by mayor and a few townies as jester, there was no marshall or whatsoever involved.
    One of the guys who lynched me died the next night (Cultist), but he wasnt attacked twice or something.
    Just a normal jester lynch and I still got the achievement.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Veri View Post
    I got the Zombie Suicide today..

I got lynched by mayor and a few townies as jester, there was no marshall or whatsoever involved.
    One of the guys who lynched me died the next night (Cultist), but he wasnt attacked twice or something.
    Just a normal jester lynch and I still got the achievement.
    The necroposting is strong in this one.
    Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by lionsgatepride View Post
    The necroposting is strong in this one.
    Agreed.

And the post farming in this one.
    Last edited by SpiritFryer; July 7th, 2014 at 03:55 PM.
    This statement is false. Or.. Is it..? Actually, I think it is the following statement that is false. Also, the preceding statement is true. u wot m8?

If you aren't mindqf'd enough yet, go and try to solve THIS.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by RMcD94 View Post
    inb4 necro complaints, anyone want to get together a skype group to do this? Steiners, Hung Jury + Marathon = 1k points for a game. 13 BD 2 Beguiler.

Marathon you get whether you're dead or alive right? So every 3rd day you lynch a bd. To stop the draw
    Pretty sure Marathon is bugged and the game freezes after like twenty something days, but those other achievements aren't too difficult to get. Hung Jury is a pain though -- one person messes up and you're done.

For future reference re: necro complaining, just start a new thread next time instead of replying to an old one, even if it's the same topic.

15. ISO #15

What benefit does having a new thread have when I'd just link this old post anyway? This forum is not active enough to warrant necromancy problems where old irrelevant posts flood the front page and they are long threads that you need to read all of to know what's going on.

I had seen on the wiki it said that about marathon, both Gates of Steiner and Hung Jury are difficult to get so I don't know what you're talking about

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by RMcD94 View Post
    What benefit does having a new thread have when I'd just link this old post anyway? This forum is not active enough to warrant necromancy problems where old irrelevant posts flood the front page and they are long threads that you need to read all of to know what's going on.

I had seen on the wiki it said that about marathon, both Gates of Steiner and Hung Jury are difficult to get so I don't know what you're talking about
    You do realize that you are speaking with the author / maintainer of the Wiki, right? They're essentially impossible achievements to get in a normal game. If you are achievement hunting for them and everyone follows your directions, they are not difficult at all.

Here's a tip with Hung Jury -- use a Mayor to get a bunch of the votes so you are not as dependent on everyone voting. For Gate of Steiner, it's literally just following the right set of instructions.

Lastly, it's frowned upon to necro posts. I get that you might not agree with that, but we'd appreciate if you make a new post just so everyone viewing it doesn't need to read content at the beginning of the thread from 2013 posted by people who may no longer be active.
    Last edited by DarknessB; January 9th, 2016 at 06:49 PM.