[WIP] Ban Mafia
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Ban Mafia

1. ISO #1

Ban Mafia

Ban Mafia (9p?)

What if nobody was ever yeeted and but was really just banned for a set duration?

Currently this is just a thread to denote my idea. I probably haven't thought any of this super-through.

Innocent User
    Innocent User
    Innocent User
    Innocent User
    Innocent User
    Innocent User
    Malicious User
    Corrupt Moderator
    (Typical town/mafia colors and wincons for now)

Yeets are instead bans. Bans do not kill but instead remove the player from the game for X duration. During bans players do not contribute to their wincon nor can interact with the game in any way.

Night-kills, in flavor, are in form of causing people to leave the game. Night-kills will cause a flip while bans will never cause a flip.

Currently considering multiple ideas for the Moderator roles; perhaps they would be capable of doing a vigilante-style ban or something, assuming that wouldn't break the game.

Also considering maybe there should be an option that if a player gets double-banned (2nd one doesn't have to be within the previous ban's duration) then they will die and cause a flip.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 21st, 2021 at 08:13 AM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Ban Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    How does town win the game?
    When the mafia are banned they don't contribute to the mafia's wincon, nor can interact with the game in any way while banned.

So they're not a threat to the town while banned. Might allow a mechanic that if a player is double-banned they will be killed permanently and then flipped.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 21st, 2021 at 03:21 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    When the mafia are banned they don't contribute to the mafia's wincon, nor can interact with the game in any way while banned.

So they're not a threat to the town while banned. Might allow a mechanic that if a player is double-banned they will be killed permanently and then flipped.
    So town has to time banning both mafia at the same time? That seems significantly more difficult to achieve than a normal game of mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    So town has to time banning both mafia at the same time? That seems significantly more difficult to achieve than a normal game of mafia.
    Which is why the powers of the moderator roles are up in the air and so is the ban duration.

Depending on ban duration this also can mean BALO or BLO (Ban-LYLO) takes longer to hit as only the night-kill would truly kill and mis-banned players will return. Mafia will have to make sure they can get enough mis-bans and in some cases maybe even re-justify them.

I think it'll look challenging but how I change certain features may make that task look easier than you think, or make the mafia's task equally difficult to even the playing field.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 21st, 2021 at 07:19 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

6. ISO #6

I like the thought process but I feel like it misses the core of what mafia is.

At the end of the day it’s just about vote power. When town holds greater vote power than mafia the game goes on and the wolves are hunted. When the wolves gain majority it’s over.

Temporary removal of players would need to come with some benifit to the town or it would be very wolf sided. Maybe make it also the investigative function? Or maybe implement some nerfs for the scum?

Really cool idea that could be something with some crazy counterbalance mechanics but alone it just makes the game more scum sided

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

id rather feel a serial killer (power-tripping/abusing mod) than a maf faction in here, aswell as some sort of non flipless ig? i mean if you lynch -> and night after there is a kill -> sk alive, otherwise no kill -> lynch 2nd time
    doctor (community manager?) would create another level of wifom (is sk dead or was the kill protted?)
    but that uncertainity + sk giving no interaction might reach for unbalance?
    thougths appreciated here.
    Praise the Lord!