User Tag List

Thread: S-FM uPick

1. ISO #1

S-FM uPick

S-FM uPick
    An S-FM for 13 players
    Hosted and Designed by Poriomania

You.. pick?

When you /sign, send me a character name. I will then assign your role based on that character.

Role List
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any

Special Mechanics

This game will be a regular uPick. When you sign up PM me your pick. You then get a role based on your pick.

This game will also utilize Sen's famous Nightless mechanic. Nightless means that players submit their night actions during the day. "Night" then resolves in a span of five minutes (while I take time to process them), then Day begins again.

Soft Lynching

Ever had a game where the person you wanted to lynch was at L-1, the time runs out and you never get to lynch that player at all? This is where soft lynching enters the equation.

A soft lynch occurs when someone is at half the regular lynch count (for example, it it was 7 to lynch, then the soft lynch count would be at 4). When someone is at soft lynch, when the deadline occurs, the player with the most votes under soft lynch will be lynched. (Again, another example: If two people are at L-2 and L-3, respectively, and deadline occurs, the player at L-2 will automatically be lynched).

Role Cards

(removed until setup design is finished)

Rules

1. I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or green text) and I will correct it.

2. Days will be 48 hours, Nights will probably last at the most 10 minutes.

3. No editing posts, PM quoting, PMing, all that jazz. I don't want to modkill players.

4. This is still your grandmother’s game of mafia. Use the skills you’ve honed in previous games. The setup will punish sloppy play with a vengeance, so bring your best game. Remember, your best ally as both town and mafia is playing off one another’s behavior, not the setup or the mod.

5. The only game discussion should take place in the observer chat, in the thread.

6. Respect your fellow players, and have fun. If you don't have fun, I will modkill you or replace you, and that would be bad, wouldn't it?

7. No invisible ink or cryptotext.

Order of Operations

Win Conditions

Pre-Signs
    1. Orpz
    2. RLVG
    3. Citrus
    4. Kusco
    5. NoctiZ
    6. powerofdeath
    7. deathworlds
    8. ika
    Last edited by Poriomania; January 18th, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM Post Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    damn you took my idea... i was going to do something like this..... after you showed it to me
    :evillaugh:

well rule of thumb must be stablished with the "posting restriction" becasue i know people will try to loophole it

pics, vids, emoticons, squigles and stuff rulings?
    I should probably add this, but the spirit of the game is about following your posting restriction. If you're trying to get around that spirit, you'll probably end up modkilled.

EDIT: I know of one way that circumvents posting restrictions /very/ well, and I might be able to allow it. There will probably be lots of exceptions while I iron out the setup.
    Last edited by Poriomania; October 19th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Poriomania View Post
    :evillaugh:

I should probably add this, but the spirit of the game is about following your posting restriction. If you're trying to get around that spirit, you'll probably end up modkilled.
    well you should otherwise players will try to find try to abuse the system and when you modkill, they can say "well its not against rules"

im all in for this game becasue i saw it and i had ideas for it as well, i will have to steal this now ;)

in b4 someone cant use the letter "e" the most common used letter

6. ISO #6

well you should otherwise players will try to find try to abuse the system and when you modkill, they can say "well its not against rules"

im all in for this game becasue i saw it and i had ideas for it as well, i will have to steal this now ;)

Yeah. I might try to add a rudimentary form of communication (you'll see) since I don't want players posting fluff all of the time. We'll see.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

After this runs, you can run S-FM Posting Restrictions 2. :P

I might steal the good ones before you do, though.

9. ISO #9

Oh god. I love this so much.

/Presign from jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

10. ISO #10

should add in possiblity of lovers, where they know they are town and have a rp name but cant announce it or have a restiction of word
    joat has one charge of each?
    can nehibor announce who they are in chats?
    can gf kill?
    hitman knows targets? if hitman wins will game end? how does he "leave"
    can elcetro charge self? if so is immune to elctrocution?
    will jailing be known to player?
    how will spirit caller work with instant night mechanic?
    can neutrals win with other neutrals? (ie arson and serial killer)
    will mafia have a daychat or just knwo each other?

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

should add in possiblity of lovers, where they know they are town and have a rp name but cant announce it or have a restiction of word
    joat has one charge of each?
    can nehibor announce who they are in chats?
    can gf kill?
    hitman knows targets? if hitman wins will game end? how does he "leave"
    can elcetro charge self? if so is immune to elctrocution?
    will jailing be known to player?
    how will spirit caller work with instant night mechanic?
    can neutrals win with other neutrals? (ie arson and serial killer)
    will mafia have a daychat or just knwo each other?
    1. I'm considering it, but the role list is filled to the max already, so I'd have to remove a role.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. The Hitman knows his targets and must see them be killed by any way. If he wins, he leaves the game (physically removed from the game, like if he would be modkilled). The game does not end.

6. The Electromaniac can charge himself. He is immune to death by electrocution.

7. If the player takes an action and is jailed, he will receive notice that he was roleblocked.

8. Hm, didn't consider the possibility of one. I'll change it.

9. Neutrals cannot win with other neutrals.

10. The mafia have daychat.

14. ISO #14

knowing you will random all the signs, will you be takign presigns?

if the above is yes i am also /presigning shit shit so hard
    I will random all of the signs in total. Pre-signers don't necessary have extra priority than other players.

The only situation if you will receive priority is if you random out of one of my games (might change this) or replace into one of my games. If you were one of the four that voted for Tarot then you will also receive priority.

15. ISO #15

This setup is creative. sort an extended version of that AFKer mechanic.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

9. Neutrals cannot win with other neutrals.
    tie situations then?

by the sound of that it makes it sound like if there are 2 or more (i doubt you will do but still), they win together

if hitman makes it to final does he win becasue of hes neutral or is his win seprate epxictialy seprate from other neutral
    Neutral: Control the lynch OR be the last player alive.

19. ISO #19

tie situations then?

by the sound of that it makes it sound like if there are 2 or more (i doubt you will do but still), they win together

if hitman makes it to final does he win becasue of hes neutral or is his win seprate epxictialy seprate from other neutral
    Neutral: Control the lynch OR be the last player alive.
    1. Arsonist beats Electromanic, which beats Serial Killer.

2. His win con is explicitly seperate.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Why does the bg not kill the attacker? What good is the bodyguard anyway?
    A bodyguard is a weaker form of the doctor. The bodyguard is good for redirecting the nightkill and protecting outed power roles and good town analyzers.

(Poriomania goes into mafia theory mode)

The reason why my bodyguards are different is because I feel as though the "Elite Bodyguard" (kills its attacker) is significantly stronger than the normal bodyguard. I feel as though it's extremely damaging to whoever performs the kill and especially cruel to Neutral Killers in particular, who have to take a leap of faith every time they kill.

I feel like a more similar role to the "Elite Bodyguard" is a lookout.

Check it out - both the EB and lookout target Player A. The Serial Killer also targets Player A.

He works similarly - while the "Elite Bodyguard" simply kills the SK, the lookout sees the SK visit Player A, and the town has more discussion, as well as giving Player A a potential way to avoid the lynch by falseclaiming. It's simply more dynamic.

EDIT: Made some changes to the roles and added a Sheriff.
    Last edited by Poriomania; October 20th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Queue Requirements:
    13 or less players: Yes
    25 or less possible roles: Yes
    Role list: Yes
    Possible roles: No, please include an easy-to-read list that shows every possible role for each alignment.
    Win Conditions: Yes
    Rolecards (including host options): Yes, but please add your host options, such as if Doctor is notified of successful healing
    Order of Operations: Yes
    Investigative Pairings: N/A
    Rules of Conduct: Yes
    Mechanics: Please add information such as day/night length
    Action: Conditionally added to queue 311013. Please fix before I start judging your setup, or it will be removed

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    /presign

are alignments based on your character? or do you choose alignments randomly?
    You can try to 'game' me by picking, I don't know, 'Don Corleone' if you want mafia, but it's possible I troll you and you get stuck as a Miller or something.

I choose alignments.

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

Re: S-FM uPick

/presign again
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

Re: S-FM uPick

I have five more presign slots; grab them while they're hot.
    Remember that if you're accepting presigns before you post signups, then you must randomize your players between everyone who signed. I recommend not going through all the work to create the roles for all these people presigning due to this rule, because some of these people may not make it in.

Of course, that's not to say you shouldn't make roles for these people if you're willing to put the effort in, because it makes allows you to have the role on hand after the randomization. Just don't want you making roles for a bunch of people who won't make it into the game.

Posting this because you're saying you have 5 more slots for presigns, but that's not how it works: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...rding-presigns
    Last edited by Cryptonic; January 18th, 2014 at 03:20 PM.

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46