S-FM: Killing Game - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM: Killing Game

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I think the Killer has a small chance of winning. Maybe a second killer and/or less town?

If the town lynches the killer, do they win?
    Nope. If they lynch the Killer for some reason or the Killer dies in the order of the list (randomly generated and placed in by host), the Town must state that the Killer is blank and he's dead or the killer is blank and he's lynched. Of course, if the Town figures out that the Killer is the killer and they lynch him, then it will be considered Town victory.
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Poriomania View Post
    I would just ignore riddle mechanics and just make the game all about behavior - it's then effectively a Mountainous game with one mafioso and 11 townies, plus one confirmed townie.

Then again, 11 townies and 2 mafioso have a town win percentage of 36.2 percent, so *shrug*.
    That is possible too.. seeing that riddles might fail.
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by ypmagic View Post
    Nope. If they lynch the Killer for some reason or the Killer dies in the order of the list (randomly generated and placed in by host), the Town must state that the Killer is blank and he's dead or the killer is blank and he's lynched. Of course, if the Town figures out that the Killer is the killer and they lynch him, then it will be considered Town victory.
    so many flaws with this

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    so many flaws with this
    So many flaws with Bus Drivers too. The mechanics were probably wrong, but hey, it went well. If it has flaws, ask LOGICAL questions and don't say shitty brief statements that can't help me improve the setup at all.

5. ISO #55

So many flaws with Bus Drivers too. The mechanics were probably wrong, but hey, it went well. If it has flaws, ask LOGICAL questions and don't say shitty brief statements that can't help me improve the setup at all.
    nah bus drivers was fine, i had predeterimned order, the problem with yours is that there are legit flaws, if you want to comapre it to bus drivers plz provide the flaws that were in it. your comparsion of my bus driver to killing games are quite diffrent actualy.

im not going to keep this up on showing your flaws, becasue all you do is give shit about it. instead you should be askign yourself what exploits there are atm. Im not going to help hosts who just yell at me for showing the faluts of a game and saying "stop it"

6. ISO #56

nah bus drivers was fine, i had predeterimned order, the problem with yours is that there are legit flaws, if you want to comapre it to bus drivers plz provide the flaws that were in it. your comparsion of my bus driver to killing games are quite diffrent actualy.

im not going to keep this up on showing your flaws, becasue all you do is give shit about it. instead you should be askign yourself what exploits there are atm. Im not going to help hosts who just yell at me for showing the faluts of a game and saying "stop it"
    Maybe its because you ask the most illogical questions? Why would anybody gamethrow if they wanted to sign up, unless they're pure trolls, and if they are, I wouldn't let him in.

7. ISO #57

Maybe its because you ask the most illogical questions? Why would anybody gamethrow if they wanted to sign up, unless they're pure trolls, and if they are, I wouldn't let him in.
    illogical question? no
    illogical action (unless troll like you said)? yes

human do stupid things, the question isnt illogical to ask becasue once it happens theres not much you can do to change it.

its like sc2maf, once gamethrow happens, its near impossible to fix. so my question isnt illogical, my question is more of how would you deal with it if it were to happen (unlikely as it would be).

if you look at it, a lone killer could go out and do it becasue he wins alone, the only thing he achves out of it really come the end is runing a game. a lone killer cant gamethrow becasue his wincon says he wins alone. if anything he would be greifing.

if you add in a second killer who shares the wincon, then it could be put on grounds of game throwing. im merely point out you have it wrong for the killer to gamethrow when it is impossible for him to do so.

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Confirmed Citizen on Killer becomes Confirmed Killer?
    Confirmed Citizen on Killer becomes Confirmed Citizen, but he's still the Killer.

10. ISO #60

Confirmed Citizen on Killer becomes Confirmed Citizen, but he's still the Killer.
    rolecard says otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by role
    Confirmed Citizen - The confirmed citizen gains an additional vote after being promoted by the others. His faction is revealed to the others, regardless of his faction.
    should check what your setup says so it doesnt contridict what you say later.

11. ISO #61

rolecard says otherwise

should check what your setup says so it doesnt contridict what you say later.
    Thanks for letting me know in such a sarcastic way, even though I never meant it like that.

12. ISO #62

Thanks for letting me know in such a sarcastic way, even though I never meant it like that.
    here you go again bitching at me for trying to help. you should just chnage the role to double voter or something like that becasue the name itself seems odd if killer were to get it.

or if it will make more sense, the killer cant become confirmed citizen w/o it being an entire role change technacly speaking
    Last edited by ika; January 27th, 2014 at 03:56 AM.

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Then whats the point of "confirmed citizen" if all roles can have it?
    The +1 vote

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I know you said the Killer is placed randomly on the list, but can the killer put him/herself on the list if he/she wants to?
    What prevents town from saying "X is the Killer!" every time a player is killed? If they do that, do they win?
    They can't blatantly do that every lynch. I was just setting an example. Like, if there's an intellectual discussion on whether or not this dude is the Killer and he's lynched. Also, a lynch will be done every riddle is solved OR if two days pass, whichever comes first. (No first day lynch)

17. ISO #67

They can't blatantly do that every lynch. I was just setting an example. Like, if there's an intellectual discussion on whether or not this dude is the Killer and he's lynched. Also, a lynch will be done every riddle is solved OR if two days pass, whichever comes first. (No first day lynch)
    Okay, Approved

18. ISO #68

Does the town win immediately upon guessing the killer's identity, or must they also lynch the killer?
    What happens if town incorrectly guesses the killer's identity?
    How does a person become a "confirmed citizen"? You might want to clarify this in the setup.

I think there needs to be some negative consequence for incorrect guessing (perhaps the death of a random town member), otherwise it seems to me that person would only be lynched if they are suspected of being the killer, so the town would always "have an intellectual discussion" about it before lynching someone.

19. ISO #69

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post

Does the town win immediately upon guessing the killer's identity, or must they also lynch the killer?
    How does a person become a "confirmed citizen"? You might want to clarify this in the setup.

I think there needs to be some negative consequence for incorrect guessing (perhaps the death of a random town member), otherwise it seems to me that person would only be lynched if they are suspected of being the killer, so the town would always "have an intellectual discussion" about it before lynching someone.
    Did you read setup? Incorrect will cause death.

20. ISO #70

Did you read setup? Incorrect will cause death.
    Did you read my question? I was asking about guessing the killer's identity, not the answer to the riddle. Nowhere in the setup does it say anything about a penalty for an incorrect guess of the killer's identity.

I missed the part about needing to eliminate the killer because the win condition has weird wording. It sort of implies that riddles are part of the win condition, but they aren't if the town is good at analyzing. Either way, that one has been answered. My other two have not.

21. ISO #71

knock knock

Hello

I'm going to recommend you lower the amount of town in your game. For a few reasons: 1) to gives the killer a better chance of winning, since he can't even select who dies. 2) the more people in the game without actions, the more lurkers you will get. the more lurkers = the higher chance town will never reach 51% agreement on a solution. 3) to account for the currently low playerbase.

22. ISO #72

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post

This. The town can just come up with waffle for "intellectual discussion" every time someone is lynched, and then just insist that it was intellectual if you call them on it.

There needs to be a penalty for incorrect guesses.

The only thing I can think of, just as Gerik suggested, the death of a random supporter of said lynch. This also gives more room for analysis, because the killer would know that it will be a wrong guess, and so would not want to be part of the votes, in fear of dying. This would be suspicious and help the town in figuring out it is him. If he does partake in the vote then there is a chance he might die.

Now I realize though that he can still win even if he dies. So the killer needs some incentive to fear death. For example, if he dies, town gets an extra hint or something. Otherwise the killer will just always vote with town, to not act suspicious, and then roll the die of death (since it was a wrong guess), because there is no reason for him to fear death.

Otherwise, /presign. (I love riddles.)
    Last edited by SpiritFryer; July 7th, 2014 at 11:37 AM.
    This statement is false. Or.. Is it..? Actually, I think it is the following statement that is false. Also, the preceding statement is true. u wot m8?

If you aren't mindqf'd enough yet, go and try to solve THIS.