User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Max Cult Size Is Not Working As Intended With Triad Update

Custom game setup

9 Town
    2 Triad
    2 Cult
    ! Any Random (Exclude mafia and town)

Game starts. I am cult, and there are 3 of us (any random is cult). N1 we convert someone and now have 4 people. 2 nights later we recruited again and one cult also died. We now have 4 alive and 1 dead cult for a total size of 5. Max cult size is supposed to be 1/3 of starting non-mafia players but doesn't include triad as "non-mafia". I doubt this is as intended. If so please take a look at the cult size game mechanic.

Admin Edit: What he meant to say is that Triad is being counted as "non-mafia", this needs to be corrected.

Replay attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mugy; September 30th, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Max Cult Size Is Not Working As Intended With Triad Update

Damnit Appley. He is saying the Cult size does not factor Triads but that it should.
    5 is 1/3 of 15. Where it should be 1/3 of 13, which would be 4. (pretty sure it rounds down)

This is a bug where in Triads are not counting as "mafia", but should in fact count as Mafia.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Damnit Appley. He is saying the Cult size does not factor Triads but that it should.
    5 is 1/3 of 15. Where it should be 1/3 of 13, which would be 4. (pretty sure it rounds down)

This is a bug where in Triads are not counting as "mafia", but should in fact count as Mafia.
    Sorry, I misread what he was saying.

I watched the replay, and this is confirmed, the Triads did not count as a "mafia", and the cult was able to get to 5 players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
    Max cult size is supposed to be 1/3 of starting non-mafia players but doesn't include triad as "non-mafia". I doubt this is as intended. If so please take a look at the cult size game mechanic.

Replay attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post

Appley was right about what the OP was saying, so actually it's OP's error in this case.

Still a bug, will let Rev know.

6. ISO #6

The OP's wording was less than perfect, but it was still possible to understand properly as I did.
    I was also in a Skype call with AppleyNO at that time and he knows that I wasn't accusing him of some massive error, more that he misunderstood what the thread was reporting.

7. ISO #7

Although this is a bug, it may be worth considering not counting both Mafia AND Triad as mafia roles for the purpose of deciding the maximum cult size if both factions are in the game. If you have 6 mafia out of 15 players, max cult size would end up being 3. That seems pretty weak to me. Maybe only count the number of members of the largest of the two factions?
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Although this is a bug, it may be worth considering not counting both Mafia AND Triad as mafia roles for the purpose of deciding the maximum cult size if both factions are in the game. If you have 6 mafia out of 15 players, max cult size would end up being 3. That seems pretty weak to me. Maybe only count the number of members of the largest of the two factions?
    No game should have 6 Mafia members and a Cult. If they do, even in this instance the Cult size being 3 means that they can have a 4th member after 2 die. 4 total cultists possible, before even counting a Witch Doctor.
    Furthermore, any setup that already has 2 3-man mafias should give the Town and Mafias enough enemies to fight against that a 3 man Cult would already be powerful if it could Invisible (invisible the verb) its way to victory like a proper Cult.

9. ISO #9

Or... there could be no town at all. Double maf vs neutrals.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Or... there could be no town at all. Double maf vs neutrals.
    Then Cult has 4 potential players + Witch Doctor. And if there are 2 Mafias killing and multiple Serial Killers the chance to connect on a Witch Doctor is higher.

11. ISO #11