10 23.26%
  • 5 - best

4 9.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rate the Staff

1. ISO #51

Re: Rate the Staff

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    i feel like a major component to staff should be reports, greens and oranges for the most part, and blues and reds when something is really important, or just to pitch in when oranges and greens are behind.

sure theres general moderation like move threads, or warnings and infractions, but really, how many of those are handed out a week? and these things arent hard to spot, and are relatively quick with the new posts being on the right hand side. it shouldnt take a whole lot of people to just watch that. whereas any green or orange should be able to handle those.

on my end, im just not seeing progress. Attachment 13702 20 keepers/mods, at 3 reports a week, for 52 weeks = 3120 total reports that could be done(in a single year), reasonably. i only see ~3500 threads total, and the website has been running for how long now? oldest post i see was from nov 2011, so i assume 2 years. unless ignored reports eventually get deleted. so that tells me that the average amount of reports being done per week per keeper/mod is 1.5 ish. which in my opinion, you should be asking more from them.

so unless someone has an accurate number of total reports in the last year, and number of reports ever, im going to assume my math isnt wrong here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    Offered kyle keeper for a week since he's upset with us over report times, why not get him to help out if he actually cares. I'd be game for trying out you too ypmagic though your criticisms aren't reports based mostly. pm me skype info if interested.
    Not to beat a dead horse here, but we have tried to offer solution after solution, which doesn't seem to work for you. Signup to help. The offer is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

2. ISO #52

Spoiler : spoiler shit :
    i feel like a major component to staff should be reports, greens and oranges for the most part, and blues and reds when something is really important, or just to pitch in when oranges and greens are behind.

sure theres general moderation like move threads, or warnings and infractions, but really, how many of those are handed out a week? and these things arent hard to spot, and are relatively quick with the new posts being on the right hand side. it shouldnt take a whole lot of people to just watch that. whereas any green or orange should be able to handle those.

on my end, im just not seeing progress. Attachment 13702 20 keepers/mods, at 3 reports a week, for 52 weeks = 3120 total reports that could be done(in a single year), reasonably. i only see ~3500 threads total, and the website has been running for how long now? oldest post i see was from nov 2011, so i assume 2 years. unless ignored reports eventually get deleted. so that tells me that the average amount of reports being done per week per keeper/mod is 1.5 ish. which in my opinion, you should be asking more from them.

so unless someone has an accurate number of total reports in the last year, and number of reports ever, im going to assume my math isnt wrong here.

Someone can reverse the infraction on this post if they want. It pisses me off to see an ungrateful kid like this. It's bad enough I am keeping some sense of professionalism in not using my normal language.

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Lol Ambient deleted a lot (all?) of reports about 16 months ago in error. So, there have been a lot more reports than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Lol Ambient deleted a lot (all?) of reports about 16 months ago in error. So, there have been a lot more reports than you think.
    what i see on my end is completely different than the information that is circled around in mod chat and never explicitly told to regular folk like me. how can you expect me to trust any of you, or what you say.

more stickies, and more "announcement" threads of this type of information would satisfy me.

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

what i see on my end is completely different than the information that is circled around in mod chat and never explicitly told to regular folk like me. how can you expect me to trust any of you, or what you say.

more stickies, and more "announcement" threads of this type of information would satisfy me.
    16 months ago, I was also just a regular user. I know about the situation because my report was deleted, and Ambient explained the situation when I asked about it.

Edit: Also, not all moderators do reports, so your math is wrong. You're saying that Greens & Oranges do reports, but it's actually just Oranges (and greens with Orange badge). If the name doesn't appear under the Reports section, they don't do reports. So, idk where you getting 20 moderators from lol.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; September 13th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

9. ISO #59

Because "regular folks" like you don't care about this information. We aren't going to post shittons of threads about everything we do just so you can appease your superiority complex.

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

I would vote 5 if it was before,

because everything is functioning, the site is coherent at least on the surface.

but considering the effort of growing community, I take down 2 points for the room of development.

The staff here definitely has more potentials, agree?
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

17. ISO #67

Wow..DR voted 1 as well... Still curious what he thinks about the state of the current staff. Being the direct leader and all gives everyone else more of an idea of what direction he wants things to head to.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

18. ISO #68

I still maintain a solid 4 because of the amount of time and effort the staff puts into this game and community while not getting paid. They make sacrifices in their lives for us even when they get shit on for it. I have a lot of respect of the amount of restraint and dedication it takes to do that without loosing your composure. For the most part I hear a lot of pointing out problems without very much working for a solution.
    If the staff were really doing such an awful job this community would have fallen apart a long time ago.

19. ISO #69

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    I still maintain a solid 4 because of the amount of time and effort the staff puts into this game and community while not getting paid. They make sacrifices in their lives for us even when they get shit on for it. I have a lot of respect of the amount of restraint and dedication it takes to do that without loosing your composure. For the most part I hear a lot of pointing out problems without very much working for a solution.
    If the staff were really doing such an awful job this community would have fallen apart a long time ago.
    We mostly blow off steam in conversation with eachother as opposed to directing it at the community, same way most people who work with the public do.

Rev and lix don't interact with the regular staff most of the time, just blues and me.

20. ISO #70

I give the staff a 4, simply because I love reading how they deal with reports XD Okay, not just that(But it is often REALLY funny to see what people post in those threads) .

I personally have had no negative interactions with the staff, and while there is occasionally a lack of professionalism (Mostly seen when dealing with idiots) they have done a superb job thus-far on both the game and the site and I salute anyone who freely give their time to make something better<3
    Spoiler : FM History :
    M-FM Curse of Castle Varen - Ace Chapman - Ritual Killer - Loss
    FM XIX - FM Jaheira - Explorer - Win
    S-FM 111: ♥ - Lover - Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic
    I'm going to call you Madison Twatter
    I am Madison Twatter, the Epic Epitome of Towniness ^.^

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

ive made my decision.

as of now i rate the staff a 4/5. after learning all the stuff that they do, and who does what, i can see that everything is well organized, and the processes they do are sound, everything is nice and tidy and where things are is overall good. not perfect, but still good. the reason i say not perfect is because some staff are sometimes unprofessional when talking about staff things (trying to be gentle with this and word it not so harsh)

that rating is just for the staff and what they do. my rating for the website as a whole is a 2.5 or a 3 (pushing 3). in order to raise this number the only thing i can recommend is that all staff actions be publicized and all areas that are otherwise for moderators only, instead be made public and posting restricted to moderators. i want a more open relationship between staff and common users, because as of now it feels like you are either staff, or you are.... "un included" i also feel that users should not have to go to the top to ask a question (ask raptorblaze), but instead users should be able to look themselves and find out what is wrong.

looking at everything as a whole my opinion is that the people with power are right where they should be, just as needed, but it seems like common users dont have enough say or power in anything, there are too many restrictions as to what they can and can not do. when i was a common user it felt like i could only do 4 things, troll in CJ, seriously talk about mafia in MD(where there are hardly any threads to talk about), report players that i encounter in game, or socialize in GD. those 4 things just seem to lack and make the website less than what it could be.

when i was made keeper i had access to so much more information and the website as a whole became much better than it currently was to me, i could read whats currently happening in R&D, i could see what other moderators were doing, i had instant access to talk to a moderator with skype, i could see who gamethrew more quickly, i could be up to date on who is a bank hacker and who isnt, access to on hold reports and ignored reports, i could actually see what was going on as opposed to "was that person reported or should i report him (same game scenario, wasting time or not wasting time), these types of things are what i like to know and are relatively important to me, which is why i want all of these moderator actions to be public information, even if they cant post, they still have a right to know and question why we do certain things. common users should not be kept in the dark.

24. ISO #74

ive made my decision.

as of now i rate the staff a 4/5. after learning all the stuff that they do, and who does what, i can see that everything is well organized, and the processes they do are sound, everything is nice and tidy and where things are is overall good. not perfect, but still good. the reason i say not perfect is because some staff are sometimes unprofessional when talking about staff things (trying to be gentle with this and word it not so harsh)

that rating is just for the staff and what they do. my rating for the website as a whole is a 2.5 or a 3 (pushing 3). in order to raise this number the only thing i can recommend is that all staff actions be publicized and all areas that are otherwise for moderators only, instead be made public and posting restricted to moderators. i want a more open relationship between staff and common users, because as of now it feels like you are either staff, or you are.... "un included" i also feel that users should not have to go to the top to ask a question (ask raptorblaze), but instead users should be able to look themselves and find out what is wrong.

looking at everything as a whole my opinion is that the people with power are right where they should be, just as needed, but it seems like common users dont have enough say or power in anything, there are too many restrictions as to what they can and can not do. when i was a common user it felt like i could only do 4 things, troll in CJ, seriously talk about mafia in MD(where there are hardly any threads to talk about), report players that i encounter in game, or socialize in GD. those 4 things just seem to lack and make the website less than what it could be.

when i was made keeper i had access to so much more information and the website as a whole became much better than it currently was to me, i could read whats currently happening in R&D, i could see what other moderators were doing, i had instant access to talk to a moderator with skype, i could see who gamethrew more quickly, i could be up to date on who is a bank hacker and who isnt, access to on hold reports and ignored reports, i could actually see what was going on as opposed to "was that person reported or should i report him (same game scenario, wasting time or not wasting time), these types of things are what i like to know and are relatively important to me, which is why i want all of these moderator actions to be public information, even if they cant post, they still have a right to know and question why we do certain things. common users should not be kept in the dark.
    One of the subforums you gained access to is specifically NOT public because it's where hacking reports get sorted into. The reasoning is that they usually include discussions of HOW they hacked the game and we don't want to spread that information on our website. So I'm going to specifically disagree there.

There is also a high council discussion above normal staff which is private to high council because it usually involves open and honest discussions of various people's opinions of one-another and of the regular staff. These are not always positive. The same with management chat except there it is in regard to regular users or one another. These areas are private in order to facilitate open and honest discussion among staff members without worrying about PR issues. I'm not going to change my stance on those. We also hide certain discussions of potential changes so that we can cancel them if they turn out to be not feasible without disappointing people. Things get announced when we're sure they positive and/or possible.

Unconfirmed reports are kept private to prevent knee-jerk reactions. If possible I'd hide listings until the moment they became active, but that just isn't feasible. We've had a couple incidents where people realized they were being kickvote listed or tempbanned and IMMEDIATELY went on a spree of gamethrows. One guy did it just because he got one report approved and found out about it.

R&D was added purely a donor perk. If you really want access either donate or talk us into hiring.

Most of this is basic security or basic PR protocol, it's not like we do anything out of the ordinary.

25. ISO #75

I think non-staff should be allowed to search the punished and watchlist sections by ID or account name. If someone acted suspicious in game, I do a quick search on those forums to see if its worth going through the replay to see if they were cheating.

Similarly, when people claim they never cheated at the start of a game. I can do a quick search and tell and the rest of the players exactly how they cheated.

I think there should be a section for ignored reports for bank hacking so a person that sees a suspicious bank can check there first.

Seriously, being able to search the reports section is my favorite keeper ability.
    Spoiler : Accolades :

26. ISO #76

Quote Originally Posted by gyber View Post
    I think non-staff should be allowed to search the punished and watchlist sections by ID or account name. If someone acted suspicious in game, I do a quick search on those forums to see if its worth going through the replay to see if they were cheating.

Similarly, when people claim they never cheated at the start of a game. I can do a quick search and tell and the rest of the players exactly how they cheated.

I think there should be a section for ignored reports for bank hacking so a person that sees a suspicious bank can check there first.

Seriously, being able to search the reports section is my favorite keeper ability.
    Those sections I can see unlocking, I have no issues with people being able to search completed reports. I'll look into it once I finish my current project. Though ignored are generally ignored BECAUSE they were found to have no credibility, otherwise we put them on-hold.

27. ISO #77

I wish you could make it that when people file reports they can see the verdict on it, i have filed sevreal and used to be able to see them (when i was keeper) but now i dunno what happened to them, i could alwyas ask but i would find it more of a hassle to do so, i remmebr back then it would be approved and i could see verdicits as a member, i do miss those times

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    thats probally why all my reports go missing.....

it would be nice though if that does happen is have a way of knowing or still seeing what happened to them instead of waitng for it to come out.
    Well you should still be able to see them if they left a redirect when merging or moving the thread (maybe not access the thread, but at least see the prefix it was tagged with such as accepted or ignored)

I can remind the keepers to leave temporary redirects, we used to only delete them when the warden processed the accepted reports.

As for merges, there's really nothing we can do to maintain visibility of the thread unfortunately. That setting is not friendly.

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

Quote Originally Posted by MeltingPaper View Post
    People r so rude and unfriendly!! i feel unwelcomed

Well welcome to the site paper. I hope you find some friends here and stick around long enough to change your initial impression.

I agree with pushing for no transparency. I feel that a lot of the issues players have is because of their perception of things not getting done and lack of information.

I would also like to suggest either a section on the forum for people to connect and play other games or a place in user profiles to post steam/xbox/ps3 ID's. This would work tword players feeling like they were more of a part of the community and make the forum more active.

To be blunt for 99% of our user base 5$ is nothing. If you really care about the game and want to see more behind the curtain its easy. If you don't want to spend the money there is a v.i.p program for active players. There is no reason in my mind to ever make r&d public and plenty stated by raptor to keep it how it is.

35. ISO #85

Hello. friendly fuuton here.

If you want opinions based on staff, then perhaps staff should spent less time posting in this topic and actually let the people talk. Listening goes a long way...

I rate staff individually...for example, I give DAMUS, MUGY AND IKA a 1. I give elixir a 5. I'd give raptor blaze a 3.

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuton View Post

If you want opinions based on staff, then perhaps staff should spent less time posting in this topic and actually let the people talk. Listening goes a long way...

I rate staff individually...for example, I give DAMUS, MUGY AND IKA a 1. I give elixir a 5. I'd give raptor blaze a 3.
    what about me, i need validation

39. ISO #89

Considering it's my job to be the bad guy in order to get things done and keep things moving, I'm happy with that.

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

I actually have no idea who you are..but at least you show some motivation. Therefore I will do a performance review of you soon.
    PLZ RAPTE ME TOO
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

So this is just a general general general general general general general general general opinion?
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

49. ISO #99

Pls- If I was in your position I'd have this forum cleaned up and troll-proof in no time. Last time I checked you were not Betty's champion...hmm.
    The only way to trollproof a forum about MAFIA is to ban everyone, yourself included. Then you'd have no community.

Also most of what you've yelled at me for is stuff other people are responsible for lol... I just help out to speed things along in stuff like reports when emergencies arise.

50. ISO #100

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I demand a rating.
    You'll have to wait until the next update, I am very busy and we here at Sc2mafia are very hardworking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    The only way to trollproof a forum about MAFIA is to ban everyone, yourself included. Then you'd have no community.

Also most of what you've yelled at me for is stuff other people are responsible for lol... I just help out to speed things along in stuff like reports when emergencies arise.
    Pls, you and the staff have the biggest vendetta against me. Comspiring...is hardly the word.