Archivist
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Archivist

1. ISO #1

Archivist

Lore: Keeps track of information to find flaws in the system
    Investigator Message: Arsonist / Archivist / framer (Jester is paired with serial killer and vigilante and mafioso become their own pair, then coroner is put back with janitor and spy is put with disguiser)
    Alignment: town (town investigative)

The archivist will be told whenever something goes wrong when someone is visiting someone else, even if an evil visits the wrong person

If someone visits someone they don't want to they will be given one of the following messages depending on the situation:

"Someone failed to visit their target - they visited noone instead!" (For roleblocking)
    "Someone failed to visit their target - despite it their nature to visit, they never visited anyone!" (If someone is a visiting role but does not click anyone, like they are sheriff but they never checked anyone despite not being roleblocked or jailed exc.)
    "Someone failed to visit their target - they visited someone else!" (For bd, witch, and beguiler)
    "Someone visited their target, but failed their objective!" (If an investigative gets wrong results due to a framer, if an investigative gets wrong results because target is immune to detection, a doctor who cannot heal because 2 people attacked a target, or if someone fails to kill their target due to immunity)

NOTE: IF TWO PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM (E.G. TWO PEOPLE END UP VISITING THE WRONG PERSON BECAUSE OF BD) THEN THE MESSAGE WILL COME UP MULTIPLE TIMES DEPENDING ON HOW MANY TIMES THE ERROR WAS MADE)

The archivist will come up as doing an action but not visiting anyone.

Options:

Is told who the target ended up visiting instead on / off
    Is told who fails on / off
    One night between data collection on / off

Justification:
    I think this role could be a good addition.

I think its addition could help town in the following ways:

Scenario 1: It can keep track of bad visits investigatives did e.g. when they visited someone but ended up visiting someone else. I think this is something the game desperately needs as currently a bus driver / witch can tear the town apart by confusing all the results. I think it's too op right now.

Scenario 2: It counters the only mafia deception not countered: framer. Janitor is theoretically limited by coroner, Disguiser is theoretically limited by spy (and possibly detective), but successful framers have no limit. This adds a THEORETICAL COUNTER (I mean the counter can fail in practice, just like spy and coroner.

Scenario 3: Due to the potential complexity of the role, it can help in ways I didn't think of if you can be creative.

Scenario 4: Also, the power of the Archivist can be vastly increased if an Archivist is somewhat useless in a save.

I think it could also help deter on the town too, in the following ways:

Scenario 1omeone who doesn't know how to use it (like all roles)

Scenario 2: Godfather: "Hey, I'm archivist, someone failed to do their job tonight so 4 might actually be framed, sheriff"

Scenario 3: Framer: "I'm archivist, <Insert interesting and convincing lw that is very easy to fake and get town's trust with due to how long it is here>, I did tell you 5 was probably framed but you didn't listen to me town!"

Scenario 4:

Archivist: "But town, I'm archivist, I'm sorry I haven't managed to get much data this game but -"
    Troll investigator: "BULLSHEEEEET!!! GUILTY THIS N00B FRAMER TOWN! =D"

Scenario 5:

Jailor: "town, I jailed 6 last night and there was no mafia kill. He is likely godfather."
    Framer: "I'm archivist, someone never visited despite it not their nature - godfather could be afk / tricking us"
    Godfather: "Yeah, I told you I'm doctor!"
    Consigliere: "Hey, jail and kill 14 tonight, he's jester / arsonist. You're guaranteed to kill SOMETHING bad"
    Jailor: "k, thx =)"

[EDIT: GRAMMAR CHECK 23/07/13]
    Last edited by yzb25; July 23rd, 2013 at 04:51 AM.

2. ISO #2