FM
Register

User Tag List

Thread: FM

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: FM

Forum Mafia is.. an addiction to me. Even though I complain a lot when they eat up my time, it's genuinely fun.

I like these games because they keep me entertained on a slow day and they're very bite-sized - 24 hour days are tougher because you really can't call out someone on not contributing when the days are this quick.

I enjoy the prestige and status that comes when you're considered as a good mafia player, as well.

3. ISO #3

1. I like the personalities. Those big identities that stick in your memory, for months even years after the game's over. They can be the player's usernames or the names of their anon accounts or both!

2. Lies and crazy deception. The more complicated, and less likely to succeed, the more memorable.

3. The make or break moments, when everything is on the line unless you get it right, and then the feeling when you pull it off!

4. Going to sleep after an epic post with the knowledge that when you wake up there'll be 7 hours worth of replies accumulated for you to enjoy. This one might be particular to my timezone because while I sleep all the Americans chat. I guess the Euros probably get some of this too.

5. The feeling of expectation, like you can't hold out any longer, waiting for your role-card before a big FM. I love FM!
    I just want to be your _ _ _ _ _ _

4. ISO #4

I plan on playing FM's because normal SC2 mafia isnt much of a challange.

And I like to try new things..
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Sigh. Why do I play FMs? Really my answer is a one-liner.... I enjoy the intellectual challenge of Forum Mafia. I like to see why people made decisions, why they posted certain posts, what angles everyone is playing.... And if I'm wrong its even better!

I also like to lie when I'm scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

I love challenging myself intellectually. This is one of the reasons I enjoy playing puzzle video games (ie. portal) but the problem with those is that once I finish a game like that, there's no real reason to play it again, so I have to find something else to challenge myself with, and I can't afford to buy video games constantly. Plus, even though they can certainly be challenging, if you think about it, video games are designed to be beaten, so you'll probably figure it out eventually.

Forum Mafia allows me to challenge myself against other people of similar intellect. And unlike a video game, it's not designed for me to eventually win and there is no guide online that I can look to for advice if I'm not sure what to do next, so I have to figure it out for myself. And if I screw it up, I can very easily lose the game. So my decisions are more meaningful. It also just so happens that I enjoy debating. So Forum Mafia combines my love of challenging my brain and my love of arguing, and combines them within a shell of mystery and deceit. It's the perfect game for me.
    Last edited by Gerik; July 7th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.