12 31.58%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: Satisfaction Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post

I haven't done reports in like... a year. xD

which is exactly the point....

I have a report that is currently pending atm, from 2 days ago... nothing happened....

sure I get it, the lot of you are busy with other moderation tasks, or IRL stuff, no biggie. ill just wait another week and a half.

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post

I have a report that is currently pending atm, from 2 days ago... nothing happened....

sure I get it, the lot of you are busy with other moderation tasks, or IRL stuff, no biggie. ill just wait another week and a half.
    How about i give you my paypal info and you pay me a salary for doing it or how about signing up as Keeper and do them yourself?
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    How about i give you my paypal info and you pay me a salary for doing it or how about signing up as Keeper and do them yourself?
    I was denied, for whatever reason or reasons. and I believe keepers cant process their own reports.

and I wouldn't pay for someone to do it, I think they should want to do this for free and the only reward is to keep the game clean.

5. ISO #55

Nah i think you should pay for it.
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

6. ISO #56

The people saying this place is too cliquey are the worst offenders.

3/5

There's more good than bad being done for sure. There are a few people I wouldn't have made "staff." For the most part I deserve what I get but sometimes you should be allowed to call someone a dumbass when they post dumbass stuff. I took an extra point off because that point is the there is always room for improvement point.

7. ISO #57

I don't do reports because what little time I can dedicate to the site is usually spent either managing forum stuff (moving posts/threads, infractions, Answer Hall, etc.) or trying to fix the MC server (not as big of a deal since I've kinda given up on it). From what I understand, that's my job as smod. Oh, and PR. So much fucking PR, all the time.

Why don't you PM a Keeper (i.e. the people who are supposed to do reports)?

Also, there is a 2 page backlog. Most likely why your report hasn't been done.

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    The people saying this place is too cliquey are the worst offenders.

3/5

There's more good than bad being done for sure. There are a few people I wouldn't have made "staff." For the most part I deserve what I get but sometimes you should be allowed to call someone a dumbass when they post dumbass stuff. I took an extra point off because that point is the there is always room for improvement point.
    It IS clique-y.
    But it's not avoidable. It's just natural.
    People will always form small groups of friends and will create 'barriers to entry'
    It's gotten a lot better I feel like.
    It used to be people got in if they were friends with an admin/gmod
    Darklordnem got keeper because Menautor said 'yea he's good and i paid money so he should be keeper'
    RLVG got keeper because he posted one report. It must have been so amazing to qualify himself over other people, like Glip, who did like 15 reports.

I say it's gotten alot better, but who is this Host guy?

I mean, at one point it got out of hand enough to create actual groups and create actual symbols.
    'You're not in our group. You're different, we're cool. You're not.'

For Life!

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerape View Post
    I mean, at one point it got out of hand enough to create actual groups and create actual symbols.

For Life!

LOL must spread rep

anyways, as addition to my no reports post, it's because I am only mfm mod lol

10. ISO #60

How many reports have you done in the past two weeks?
    I am confused to if I should reply 0 (zero) or -1 (negative one). I have never done a report and I don't plan on doing any, I think I have downloaded and attempted to watch a total of one replay from the forum.

I can't play games on my desktop computer because of overheating issues, this include watching SC2 replays and any other 3D-graphics program.

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

RLVG got keeper because he posted one report. It must have been so amazing to qualify himself over other people, like Glip, who did like 15 reports.

Host is a... friend of DR T.T.... He has to prove that he can be a keeper before he gets mod powers, so there is that.

RLVG got keeper after Glip did. RLVG passed the keeper tryouts, didn't do reports, so was fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    LOL must spread rep

anyways, as addition to my no reports post, it's because I am only mfm mod lol
    I can't give you any rep. I apparently have to spread it around even though it's been like 6 months T_T
    And see below~

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    I am confused to if I should reply 0 (zero) or -1 (negative one). I have never done a report and I don't plan on doing any, I think I have downloaded and attempted to watch a total of one replay from the forum.

I can't play games on my desktop computer because of overheating issues, this include watching SC2 replays and any other 3D-graphics program.
    I'm not asking you to do reports. That's what Keepers are for.
    I only asked why don't we make more of the staff into Keepers?
    To which I got the response 'Most of them do reports'

So it's fine. It's not that big of a deal to me, I was just a little worried about increasing the size of staff, but if they need more Keepers to keep up, then so be it~

<3 ilu Deantwo and Crypt. Don't think I'm trying to make you guys do extra work that isn't your job.
    I understand that every staff member has a certain job to do.

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Gingerape: System is broken! Peeps as Keepers are foo' who do none reports

RLVG: Not a Keeper, did no reports
    Glip: A Keeper, now a Mod, did reports.
    This is why we don't have a 4 average T.T
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

15. ISO #65

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Gingerape: System is broken! Peeps as Keepers are foo' who do none reports

RLVG: Not a Keeper, did no reports
    Glip: A Keeper, now a Mod, did reports.
    No. No!
    RLVG was a keeper at one point. I know this for a fact because I remember someone (think it was Glip) didn't get it and was mad at the choices.
    Slaol came on and said that he 'hand-favoritism-picked them'

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    Host is a... friend of DR T.T.... He has to prove that he can be a keeper before he gets mod powers, so there is that.

RLVG got keeper after Glip did. RLVG passed the keeper tryouts, didn't do reports, so was fired.
    Oh ok. Glad to know we learn from past Darklordnem mistakes.

Dinner time. I'll be back later. Toodles~ <3

16. ISO #66

No. No!
    RLVG was a keeper at one point. I know this for a fact because I remember someone (think it was Glip) didn't get it and was mad at the choices.
    Slaol came on and said that he 'hand-favoritism-picked them'

Oh ok. Glad to know we learn from past Darklordnem mistakes.

Dinner time. I'll be back later. Toodles~ <3
    Oh
    /misunderstanding

17. ISO #67

I voted 2, since I feel like my satisfaction with the staff is below average. My dissatisfaction stems from the actions and behavioral conductance of certain staff members on this forum. My complaints are twofold.

1. A group of staff members were involved in an incidence of Skype cheating and out of game communication near the end of FM18. I think that the staff members should aim to set an example for other forum members. It's disheartening to see people disrespecting the game, the other participants, and the hosts enough to engage in this kind of behavior. Any number of staff members who were present could have stopped the situation from occurring. I only took punitive action against Damus_Graves and ika by mod killing them, but I am personally disappointed in Slaol, Glip, Fred, AppleyNO and Gerik for witnessing the event and not making more of an effort to stop the out of game Skype communication or reporting it to me. I am not convinced that any of the witnesses of the out of game communication even realize that they have done something wrong by not reporting the event. I hope in the future we can count on forum staff members to help enforce the no out of game communication rules. Maybe this could be added to forum staff duties: discourage Skype communication about FM outside of FM and report it to the hosts when it occurs.

2. When controversial issues arise, certain staff members become extremely aggressive in their posts, and I feel like the tone unnecessarily escalates the situation in a way that makes me as a general forum user feel really uncomfortable. For example: the recent Firestorm incident. After hosting FM18, I feel like I have some insight to your frustration just due to the complaints I dealt with on a daily basis on top of general forum managing tasks. However, as a staff member it would be a lot better if you can take the high road, maintain composure, and reply extremely politely to the people criticizing you. Even if other people are being rude to you or your fellow staff members, a polite response will illustrate your maturity level and leave people with a positive impression of the forum staff. Not all staff members are guilty of what I am describing, but I think just making sure to proofread your posts and edit for politeness would go a long way in terms of managing PR situations on the forums.
    The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

18. ISO #68

2 Promotions in one day?
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

Appley is now green! My satisfaction is now a 5!
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

21. ISO #71

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    I had a bad habit of doing reports straigth away without saying I were going to do them, with a fully written notepad.
    When I were going to post the notepad, some other guy had written the report confirm and I had wasted my full time + 5-10 other reports was finished.

After a week or so, my computer fan / cooler broke so I had to be extremely cautious so I couldn't play SC2. I already said it in a FM with active keepers, and PM'd & skyped about this, completely ignored.
    Noticed my Keeper status was suddenly gone with no PM saying anything, so I went to a w/e mode.

Since I'm an European, it's inexcuseable that I did no reports at the earlier times 14:30-19:30 time GMT+1 to be exact, but I was doing my own things and hobbies that I have scheduled.

Legally, you can call me a lazy asshole or whatever for not pushing the issue's I had and that it was my own faulth of never saying I would do the report before it was ironically too late.

Just felt like saying, I brougth it on myself.

22. ISO #72

Np i already put you on the list for the next Keeper tryouts. You ll get a headstart!

23. ISO #73

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    I had a bad habit of doing reports straigth away without saying I were going to do them, with a fully written notepad.
    When I were going to post the notepad, some other guy had written the report confirm and I had wasted my full time + 5-10 other reports was finished.

After a week or so, my computer fan / cooler broke so I had to be extremely cautious so I couldn't play SC2. I already said it in a FM with active keepers, and PM'd & skyped about this, completely ignored.
    Noticed my Keeper status was suddenly gone with no PM saying anything, so I went to a w/e mode.

Since I'm an European, it's inexcuseable that I did no reports at the earlier times 14:30-19:30 time GMT+1 to be exact, but I was doing my own things and hobbies that I have scheduled.

Legally, you can call me a lazy asshole or whatever for not pushing the issue's I had and that it was my own faulth of never saying I would do the report before it was ironically too late.

Just felt like saying, I brougth it on myself.
    You can always post your own opinions as a Keeper... you don't need one review on one report. Am I correct?

24. ISO #74

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    They do have a minimum number of reports processed, obviously we don't hold them to it when there are no reports to do though. That's the entire reason for the periodic mass firings/hirings actually. This time around we had something like 400 reports to do so it took them a little while to work entirely through the backlog. The other actions are much harder to measure, but we do notice when things just aren't getting enforced.
    As far as I can tell, the current backlog is due to keeper approved reports not being forwarded by the Warden (What happened to Creed?)

I was denied, for whatever reason or reasons. and I believe keepers cant process their own reports.

and I wouldn't pay for someone to do it, I think they should want to do this for free and the only reward is to keep the game clean.
    Your point would be valid if CmG was seriously trying to get the Keepers paid. However, CmG's point is that you should stop complaining that the keepers who are volunteering to help the community aren't working fast enough. I agree with this.

25. ISO #75

You get paid to be staff? You shouldn't be paid for something you want to do.... it's a privilege.

26. ISO #76

My satisfaction dropped to a 3. The staff plays around a lot and they get paid for that? I'm surprised..... that money that's being donated should go towards better servers and to gather the money to try to at least make a stand alone game.

27. ISO #77

Quote Originally Posted by ypmagic View Post
    My satisfaction dropped to a 3. The staff plays around a lot and they get paid for that? I'm surprised..... that money that's being donated should go towards better servers and to gather the money to try to at least make a stand alone game.
    they specifically said they don't get paid. the whole point of the "being paid" portion was that they volunteer their time and people still complain, even though they are doing work for nothing in return.

28. ISO #78

Oh well. I hate when I'm wrong but thank you for the clarification. So what the hell is the problem with the people? The mods are doing their job, and they don't even get paid, they volunteer their time here taking away their time from life.

29. ISO #79

What are you talking about Crypt? I am right now swimming in all of my gold coins in my mega save! DR is the best boss ever! Blackjack and hookers ever damn day!

30. ISO #80

You get paid to be staff? You shouldn't be paid for something you want to do.... it's a privilege.
    I'm more than a little angry at this statement.
    It's not that we want to do the job for the jobs sake, it's the fact someone needs to do it.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

31. ISO #81

Quote Originally Posted by Mugy7 View Post
    I'm more than a little angry at this statement.
    It's not that we want to do the job for the jobs sake, it's the fact someone needs to do it.
    There are a ton of people out there willing to do your job. My concern is the staff playing around a lot, and I've messaged Raptor about that.

32. ISO #82

is it so wrong to look at the forum, and see that X amount of work needs to be done and ask moderators A, B, C to do that required amount of work by the end of the week? (within reason)

and not, ill make A ~ Q auth, and you can all do it at your leisure..... just pitch in a little and you are all mod worthy.

sure if X amount of work is high, you can have more workers to handle it reasonably, but slackers are slackers....

33. ISO #83

is it so wrong to look at the forum, and see that X amount of work needs to be done and ask moderators A, B, C to do that required amount of work by the end of the week? (within reason)

and not, ill make A ~ Q auth, and you can all do it at your leisure..... just pitch in a little and you are all mod worthy.

sure if X amount of work is high, you can have more workers to handle it reasonably, but slackers are slackers....
    What types of things require a week? lol

34. ISO #84

Lol, wut?

35. ISO #85

reports processed, questions answered, give your 2cents in bug section. I consider that 9/10ths of the whole website.

where actual moderation (threads moved being a very low portion, and could take several hours and the general population wont care at the speed at which it is moved)

and as far as infractions go and warnings, those do need to be immediate, and I figure 1 moderator on at a time can easily take care of that with new posts being directly on the right.

36. ISO #86

There are a ton of people out there willing to do your job. My concern is the staff playing around a lot, and I've messaged Raptor about that.
    No there are not a lot of people who sacrifice their freetime for monitoring a sc2 mod. To be honest i think sc2mafia is the only "funmap" who has ingame mods i know about. Nobody of us gets paid for it. We all do it for free...

37. ISO #87

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    No there are not a lot of people who sacrifice their freetime for monitoring a sc2 mod. To be honest i think sc2mafia is the only "funmap" who has ingame mods i know about. Nobody of us gets paid for it. We all do it for free...
    I believe ALL people with knowledge and that can sacrifice some hours can be a moderator.

38. ISO #88

I believe ALL people with knowledge and that can sacrifice some hours can be a moderator.
    Sure they could but they lack the will to do so. Which implies only a handful of people can do the job.

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

if reports are so difficult/hassle and time consuming, don't you think that the report process should be revamped?
    We already coax people into making reports as easy as possible for us, with the guidelines and rules we have for submitting them. We really can't make them any simpler without compromising accuracy.

43. ISO #93

There are a ton of people out there who THINK they are willing to do our job. You ever wonder why we keep having to hire new keepers? It's not that we're just hiring slackers. They all start out great, knocking out any backlog in the first few days. And usually they can keep getting the new reports done as they come in for a few weeks if you're lucky. But then they burn out; you get tired of doing the job. That one 4, 5-man skype group report comes in that no one feels like doing because we actually have lives outside of Mafia including full-time jobs and what little free time we DO have needs to get used for recreation or we'll go insane and so that report stalls and gathers dust while maybe some easy gamethrowing/bank-hacking reports get done but then those too start getting left by the wayside and then it all starts backlogging... The job is largely thankless, and there certainly is no other compensation for the work that we've done. But the work DOES need to get done, and since all our enthusiasm for "keeping the streets of SC2 Mafia safe" is gone, we hire a new batch of recruits just brimming with enthusiasm, and the cycle begins again.

*sigh*

It IS clique-y.
    But it's not avoidable. It's just natural.
    People will always form small groups of friends and will create 'barriers to entry'
    It's gotten a lot better I feel like.
    It used to be people got in if they were friends with an admin/gmod
    Darklordnem got keeper because Menautor said 'yea he's good and i paid money so he should be keeper'

For Life!
    Staff IS way too cliquey, even now. Slaol especially has an alarming tendency to "hand-favoritism-pick" people. He practically coerced Gerik and ckMistro to participate in the keeper tryouts in the first place (They are his friends from real life), and let's just say I'm not surprised they were made into keepers, even though I believe I heard Mistro only did one report in the tryouts? That's cronyism at its finest (or worst, depending on how you look at it).

Did you see the new update to Meet the Staff? Dark Revenant added this guy to the Staff Chat one day and said to "explain to him the rules of being mod; he is a possible recruit."

No. No!
    That was not me. Appley and I were the first two keepers hired from the tryouts. Hired before they even completed, and I'm still not entirely sure why. I guess they really wanted help on the backlog ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    As far as I can tell, the current backlog is due to keeper approved reports not being forwarded by the Warden (What happened to Creed?)

Your point would be valid if CmG was seriously trying to get the Keepers paid. However, CmG's point is that you should stop complaining that the keepers who are volunteering to help the community aren't working fast enough. I agree with this.
    The current (approved report) backlog is due to the banmanager being broken since the server move. Oops is currently working on fixing it, and once he has, the wardens will clean them up rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post
    I voted 2, since I feel like my satisfaction with the staff is below average. My dissatisfaction stems from the actions and behavioral conductance of certain staff members on this forum. My complaints are twofold.

1. A group of staff members were involved in an incidence of Skype cheating and out of game communication near the end of FM18. I think that the staff members should aim to set an example for other forum members. It's disheartening to see people disrespecting the game, the other participants, and the hosts enough to engage in this kind of behavior. Any number of staff members who were present could have stopped the situation from occurring. I only took punitive action against Damus_Graves and ika by mod killing them, but I am personally disappointed in Slaol, Glip, Fred, AppleyNO and Gerik for witnessing the event and not making more of an effort to stop the out of game Skype communication or reporting it to me. I am not convinced that any of the witnesses of the out of game communication even realize that they have done something wrong by not reporting the event. I hope in the future we can count on forum staff members to help enforce the no out of game communication rules. Maybe this could be added to forum staff duties: discourage Skype communication about FM outside of FM and report it to the hosts when it occurs.

2. When controversial issues arise, certain staff members become extremely aggressive in their posts, and I feel like the tone unnecessarily escalates the situation in a way that makes me as a general forum user feel really uncomfortable. For example: the recent Firestorm incident. After hosting FM18, I feel like I have some insight to your frustration just due to the complaints I dealt with on a daily basis on top of general forum managing tasks. However, as a staff member it would be a lot better if you can take the high road, maintain composure, and reply extremely politely to the people criticizing you. Even if other people are being rude to you or your fellow staff members, a polite response will illustrate your maturity level and leave people with a positive impression of the forum staff. Not all staff members are guilty of what I am describing, but I think just making sure to proofread your posts and edit for politeness would go a long way in terms of managing PR situations on the forums.
    I honestly didn't realize that what we were doing was skype cheating at the time, but looking back on it now, it quite obviously was. I apologize for participating in it, for not realizing and reporting it; I'm usually more wary of this sort of thing. I promise to keep my eye out and my head about me in the future for this.
    Last edited by Glip; June 25th, 2013 at 06:54 PM.

44. ISO #94

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    We already coax people into making reports as easy as possible for us, with the guidelines and rules we have for submitting them. We really can't make them any simpler without compromising accuracy.
    could also request screenshots of the specific lines in question of the action, and if the reporting person is reputable go straight to judgment (if reported player complains then a replay view would be needed if he thinks moderators are at fault)

this would only be usable for people who have a numerous supply of credible reports behind them.

45. ISO #95

That my friend, is the way of the human mind. You get excited that you are moderator... you start to stockpile and do the reports.... then you get lazier and lazier and lazier. But I assure you, there are a ton of people out there who really want that job, that really want to support the community.

46. ISO #96

5, things have improved greatly from the past. There are more(well..some maybe not) responsible and respectable staff handling things.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

47. ISO #97

That my friend, is the way of the human mind. You get excited that you are moderator... you start to stockpile and do the reports.... then you get lazier and lazier and lazier. But I assure you, there are a ton of people out there who really want that job, that really want to support the community.
    The point isn't finding people who want to do the job, it's finding people who can do the job well.

48. ISO #98

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    The point isn't finding people who want to do the job, it's finding people who can do the job well.
    Isn't that why we have Keeper Tryouts to see who does the job well? I think we should improve this process to get more knowledge of how well the person can review the report

49. ISO #99

could also request screenshots of the specific lines in question of the action, and if the reporting person is reputable go straight to judgment (if reported player complains then a replay view would be needed if he thinks moderators are at fault)

this would only be usable for people who have a numerous supply of credible reports behind them.
    replays are mandatory becasue it allows us to see the game at hand and make sure its not made up. anyone can make a photo of what looks like a gamethrow. the repalys are there for us to verify it. no matter how crediable the person reporting it is or how many confirmed reports against the person they have if no replay is given, we can not do anything

50. ISO #100

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    replays are mandatory becasue it allows us to see the game at hand and make sure its not made up. anyone can make a photo of what looks like a gamethrow. the repalys are there for us to verify it. no matter how crediable the person reporting it is or how many confirmed reports against the person they have if no replay is given, we can not do anything
    Correct. Photoshop is very well-known these days. Anybody can fake how many points they have for the point restorations, or even blame it on others to get them point banned as hate.