Suggestions!
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Suggestions!

1. ISO #1
    Hoax

Suggestions!

I'm really liking Mafia, but it can still be improved. So here is a thread for posting suggestions and commenting on others suggestions.

Here are mine:
    Random as a choice on the for class when making custom. Not for every one, but for some. So you'd have like 3 team mafia, 1 SK, 7 townies or some assortment and then Random, which could be anything. This could be fun as it would throw off peoples role math. Variations could also be added such as "Random Townie" and "Random Badguy" which could be one of the 3 mafia or SK.

Next suggestion, Pass host button. Sometimes you don't know what to do for host, but kick host could just hand it to another person that doesn't know and so on. Being able to pass to someone specific that knows whats going on can save a lot of time and pain.

Last suggestion for now, In game note pad. I'm not sure how you'd wanna do that, but the ability to keep notes for yourself would be really helpful.

2. ISO #2

Re: Suggestions!

I tried to make an in-game notepad once. It failed miserably. Blame the lack of multi-line textboxes. Down the road I might add something more complicated, but for now you'll need a post-it note and a pen.

I was thinking about adding a Random category. There are variants (and a BIG one will be added later) that are based off of chance, but you've made a good suggestion there.

Next update will allow passing host to the next guy by trying to -repick yourself.

3. ISO #3
    Faceless

I'll just start using this thread for suggestions.

I noticed that when you type out a long message, it gets cut off near the end of the chatbox which kind of sucks if you have a long last will to write. If that's fixable then I could see that being a big improvement. That being said, I really really like the chatbox in this game. It just looks amazing.

4. ISO #4
    Omgproberush

I'll just start using this thread for suggestions.

I noticed that when you type out a long message, it gets cut off near the end of the chatbox which kind of sucks if you have a long last will to write. If that's fixable then I could see that being a big improvement. That being said, I really really like the chatbox in this game. It just looks amazing.
    I think as DR said above, the way the text box works, I'm guessing there's no way to keep it from getting cut off, but I've found it's almost never an issue. If you're just chatting, you can break it into multiple sentences. If it's your last will, it shouldn't be long to begin with. You don't need to tell your life story in it.

5. ISO #5
    Faceless

Yeah I understand. Rarely does it get cut off unless I'm trying to snitch on 5 people at once.

6. ISO #6
    Hoax

Another suggestion. Add a new game mode that's not simple like the current options, but also doesn't use the more complex setups. Basicly a setup that reflects the game how it was 2 days ago. So, no randoms and no mason or survivors.

Hoax's Setup
    Godfather
    Mafia
    Hooker
    Serial Killer
    Sheriff
    Doctor
    Doctor
    Investigator
    Investigator
    Consort
    Consort
    Vigilante
    Vigilante

Just to note, I'm not posting this because I dislike the new things, but rather because in recent pug games it's a giant pool of bitching and moaning because the setup is so chaotic. This would give a stable choice(since DR's choice changes) that isn't simple like Classic and F11 and doesn't contain the much more complex elements of randoms. It's like playing on Medium difficulty.

BTW, can you have the choices effect the times too? Setting a 1.5 day, .5 night, 1 trial and no nigh sequence would also fit this setup.

7. ISO #7
    Trenix

Quote Originally Posted by Hoax View Post
    Another suggestion. Add a new game mode that's not simple like the current options, but also doesn't use the more complex setups. Basicly a setup that reflects the game how it was 2 days ago. So, no randoms and no mason or survivors.

Hoax's Setup
    Godfather
    Mafia
    Hooker
    Serial Killer
    Sheriff
    Doctor
    Doctor
    Investigator
    Investigator
    Consort
    Consort
    Vigilante
    Vigilante

Just to note, I'm not posting this because I dislike the new things, but rather because in recent pug games it's a giant pool of bitching and moaning because the setup is so chaotic. This would give a stable choice(since DR's choice changes) that isn't simple like Classic and F11 and doesn't contain the much more complex elements of randoms. It's like playing on Medium difficulty.

BTW, can you have the choices effect the times too? Setting a 1.5 day, .5 night, 1 trial and no nigh sequence would also fit this setup.
    Notice how citizens are not on the list. The real game consisted of the citizens being the majority. I'm just saying, either require more citizens in a game or just remove the role because no one is using it. If they do, they just quit. Getting an important role is supposed to be lucky. The idea is to find the players who have the important role and work together. Instead we're all just working separately.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9
    Genghis

Just a quick suggestion, the text should be a little bigger. its a bit hard to read.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11
    Hoax

Well the point isn't that it's a setup I wanna use. The point is in public games I was hoping for a quick setup like my suggestion that can be quickly chosen and get the game going for people that don't really have a good idea of how to set up. DR's Choice kinda works for that, but it changes regularly and also is sometimes too complex for Newer but not brand new players. I would make sense if we could use F11 or Classic for that, except that I've found a lot of players just quit immediately if you choose those options.

On a side note: There seems to be a bug with the Mafia board on the right. I played a game earlier where we had 5 mafia and I wasn't shown in the list. I'm thinking it's probably because one of us (probably me) was mafia via "random any".

Double side note: I<3Mafia

12. ISO #12