Register

User Tag List

Thread: E3

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: E3

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    I thought that's been clear ever since the Xbone details were announced.
    Yeah, it was definitely skewed in Sony's favor

but holy FUCK

Sony just took Microshit's mutilated corpse

Stabbed it fifty times

Pissed on it

Doused it in gasoline

Set it on fire

Ran it over with a truck

Bulldozed

Nuked

Obliterated

4. ISO #4

Troll of the Year goes to: Sony.

As for consoles, I personally don't care for them anymore. The generation of consoles have been long gone for me ever since companies focused on making FPS on gamepads. But I envy Sony's strategy, so much win. Anywho, back on E3...EA is beginning to get my trust again. They've been quite twitchy ever since they've been called "Worst Company of America". But let's be serious...BF4 looks badass, Mirror's Edge 2, and STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT WOOOOOOO.

I've been most interested with BF4, ME2, Battlefront, and Titanfall (Which is also coming to PC). I would be interested on Destiny, if it was coming on PC.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Dudemanguy12 View Post
    Troll of the Year goes to: Sony.

As for consoles, I personally don't care for them anymore. The generation of consoles have been long gone for me ever since companies focused on making FPS on gamepads. But I envy Sony's strategy, so much win. Anywho, back on E3...EA is beginning to get my trust again. They've been quite twitchy ever since they've been called "Worst Company of America". But let's be serious...BF4 looks badass, Mirror's Edge 2, and STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT WOOOOOOO.

I've been most interested with BF4, ME2, Battlefront, and Titanfall (Which is also coming to PC). I would be interested on Destiny, if it was coming on PC.
    EA MAAAAY be getting better. And I really hope they do since they own some promising IPs. If they botch Battlefront, though....

BF4 is completely unneeded in my opinion. It's basically BF3 with commander mode, ingame browser, and some other neat stuff. BF3.5 more like it. Although, I hope the destruction they showed up was real-time and not scripted. Probably scripted, but a man can hope.

Bit worried about ME2, they didn't show much parkour and really focused on the hand-to-hand fighting. Maybe it'll be good, but I'm worried about most of the EA games. Reserving my judgement on DAIII until gameplay.

Titanfall looks neat.

For the most part, though, all the good games are multiplat so I'm not gonna buy either console. If there's a price drop, I MIGHT buy the PS4, but you still need a 60 dollar per year subscription to play online so it's iffy

EDIT: I'd like to add that I'm disappointed with Division being exclusive, but honestly everything else went swimmingly and I'm glad that M$ is getting stabbed in the dick
    Last edited by Lazers; June 10th, 2013 at 08:47 PM.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Lazers View Post
    EA MAAAAY be getting better. And I really hope they do since they own some promising IPs. If they botch Battlefront, though....

BF4 is completely unneeded in my opinion. It's basically BF3 with commander mode, ingame browser, and some other neat stuff. BF3.5 more like it. Although, I hope the destruction they showed up was real-time and not scripted. Probably scripted, but a man can hope.

Bit worried about ME2, they didn't show much parkour and really focused on the hand-to-hand fighting. Maybe it'll be good, but I'm worried about most of the EA games. Reserving my judgement on DAIII until gameplay.

Titanfall looks neat.

For the most part, though, all the good games are multiplat so I'm not gonna buy either console. If there's a price drop, I MIGHT buy the PS4, but you still need a 60 dollar per year subscription to play online so it's iffy
    Yeah, I am still kinda bleh with EA, but I think they may do better. Remember, it used to be that Activision was the bad company and that EA was the good company. But the shittiest time with EA was with Riccitiello.

BF4 True, but the destruction just looks pretty amazing, though it is unneeded.

I hope ME2 will be good as well, hope they do a good job on it. I never played DA, but I heard DA2 was shit.

Indeed, running on walls look interesting.

And so true. I may buy the PS4 in the future, but not near...Distant, probably very. I really love the idea of Destiny, it's a shame that they've not announced a PC version. FPS sucks on controllers, but ah well.

8. ISO #8

Yeah, it was definitely skewed in Sony's favor

but holy FUCK

Sony just took Microshit's mutilated corpse

Stabbed it fifty times

Pissed on it

Doused it in gasoline

Set it on fire

Ran it over with a truck

Bulldozed

Nuked

Obliterated
    It was a fucking evisceration.

Microsoft is all kinds of fucked.
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

9. ISO #9

If there's a price drop, I MIGHT buy the PS4, but you still need a 60 dollar per year subscription to play online so it's iffy
    You have to pay for being online with the PS4? Like xBox network?
    I'll just stay with my roommate's PS3 then... ^^;

Besides the only game I (wanna) play on a PlayStation is Dust 514...

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    You have to pay for being online with the PS4? Like xBox network?
    I'll just stay with my roommate's PS3 then... ^^;

Besides the only game I (wanna) play on a PlayStation is Dust 514...
    From what I've heard, yes...for 5$ a month.

I have a feeling that Dust 514 is coming to PC. The reason why they made it playstation exclusive was because of Planetside 2. Now that that game is coming to PS4, and Destiny is underway, I really don't see why they won't bring it to PC. Especially with the promotion of XIM support to play it on mouse and keyboard.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    If you pay for being online on one of the following: PS3, Vista, or PS4, you get wifi for all of those consoles
    Wait, you have to pay for online to enable wifi? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Its like xbox silver and gold member
    Silver is free and you get wifi but with restriction
    Gold cost money but you have full access

Edit:Its called PS Plus
    Yeah this is how I understand thr PS network too...
    You pay to become a PS+ member... not normal network...

Buy I don't know much about it... so I could be wrong...

I have a feeling that Dust 514 coming to PC. The reason why they made it playstation exclusive was because of Planetside 2. Now that that game is coming to PS4, and Destiny is underway, I really don't see why they won't bring it to PC. Especially with the promotion of XIM support to play it on mouse and keyboard.
    Maybe... if CCP hasn't signed a contract saying they won't...
    Last edited by Deantwo; June 12th, 2013 at 12:06 AM.

18. ISO #18

NO AUTOPLAY. GODDAMIT
    Last edited by ypmagic; June 12th, 2013 at 03:42 PM.
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

19. ISO #19

Yeah this is how I understand thr PS network too...
    You pay to become a PS+ member... not normal network...

Buy I don't know much about it... so I could be wrong...

Maybe... if CCP hasn't signed a contract saying they won't...
    I never used PS Plus, just the normal PS3 multiplayer network.

Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Just get a 3DS, WiiU is a failed abortion and 3DS has, for the most part, better games
    Heh, just saying what the internet always says.

Honestly, the Wii U doesn't look that bad, has the best CPU in this generation. PS4/X1 use AMD Jaguar, which is a mobile cpu, which is shit...where 4 cores would even power.

Wii U needs more games. Backwards compatibility, no drm, can trade used games and whatnot, I think it is more user friendly. PS4 will probably be the best console overall. Xboned is shit.

I am seeing a rise of JRPG in the market, which is what I want to see for consoles. We need more platformers, and then I'll be core gaming with consoles again along-side with PC gaming.

24. ISO #24

WiiU isnt bad at all, needs more games and needs the ability to have a second WiiU pad.

I'm always jealous of the first player of being the only one with a second screen >.>;

25. ISO #25

They removed DRM from Xbox One, and will no longer restrict used games.

Still isn't considerable, because:

A) I don't want always-on kinect
    B) I don't want to be having to pay an extra 100$ for a console with worse specs due to a shitty camera
    C) I don't like Core gaming on consoles.
    Last edited by Dudemanguy12; June 20th, 2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: fixing

26. ISO #26

i understand the hatred towards xboxone, and im not gonna buy it or a ps4. maybe a wii u butfor the most part my console days are over.

that being said, i see many ppl rage over this drm issue when they dont even understand the situation.
    look at steam: they are able to sell games cheaper than consoles because once you buy it you cant trade it in to a game store. that was the intention of xbox one: to make a console version of steam. game publishers only make a profit on selling new games, when they are traded in and resold they dont make any money. so they jack up the price to compensate for the revenue they lose to lending, trade ins, etc.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    i understand the hatred towards xboxone, and im not gonna buy it or a ps4. maybe a wii u butfor the most part my console days are over.

that being said, i see many ppl rage over this drm issue when they dont even understand the situation.
    look at steam: they are able to sell games cheaper than consoles because once you buy it you cant trade it in to a game store. that was the intention of xbox one: to make a console version of steam. game publishers only make a profit on selling new games, when they are traded in and resold they dont make any money. so they jack up the price to compensate for the revenue they lose to lending, trade ins, etc.
    pretty sure trade ins come entirely out of gamestop's, GAME's, etc. pocket

if you buy used games you are not paying the game makers, they get the money from the original sale and nothing else

29. ISO #29

They removed DRM from Xbox One, and will no longer restrict used games.

Still isn't considerable, because:

A) I don't want always-on kinect
    B) I don't want to be having to pay an extra 100$ for a console with worse specs due to a shitty camera
    C) I don't like Core gaming on consoles.
    Please understand that Microsoft made it quite clear that they reserve the right, and have decent intentions to re-implement the DRM at a later time.

30. ISO #30

pretty sure trade ins come entirely out of gamestop's, GAME's, etc. pocket

if you buy used games you are not paying the game makers, they get the money from the original sale and nothing else
    thats exactly what i said: game makers jack up the price on a new game ($60) to compensate for the fact the disc can be traded in and they wont see any money for the sale of a used game. with steam they can lower the price because they know once you buy the game you are stuck with it.

31. ISO #31

thats exactly what i said: game makers jack up the price on a new game ($60) to compensate for the fact the disc can be traded in and they wont see any money for the sale of a used game. with steam they can lower the price because they know once you buy the game you are stuck with it.
    It kinda sucks, both the developers and the gamers want the same thing: Money. They both will use whatever means there is to obtain it. This DRM is increasing the game income, but is restricting freedom of trade.

If a developer wishes to make money per every gamer that has touched the software, they need to go pure digital. Going into the realm of physical discs is a no-no unless you expect your software to be traded like furniture.

It's pretty much a rule of thumb.

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Please understand that Microsoft made it quite clear that they reserve the right, and have decent intentions to re-implement the DRM at a later time.
    It does add up. I still don't trust Microsoft to begin with. The fact that they had intentions to put the console on DRM also shows that they have intentions for a darker future.

As for restrictive sales, I do love the idea of digital downloads nowadays. Especially if you have an old game like Unreal tonurament, each time you get a deal you'd still get money. Retailers like Gamestop would go as far as selling used games, and give store-credits to you. After having my xbox overheating not too long ago, got myself a 50$ steam wallet. It puts players and certain companies at an advantage, but the publishers/developers don't get anything in return, which sucks. I still have a problem with the idea of paying full price for AAA titles digitally, due to the fact that the portion of the CD price goes to shipping and handling.

And to the console wars, I'll probably get the console with the most party games. I've enjoyed playing consoles with friends and family, and the Wii U is already in the lead for me. The thing is, I don't like core-gaming on consoles. The only game I've enjoyed while core-gaming on consoles was Bayonetta, but that was pretty much it. I core game on PC, and party game with friends and family on consoles. Smash Bros is an excellent example as a party game. I just don't really care about consoles that much anymore.

33. ISO #33

Microsoft also kinda screwed themselves with the DRM crap, Gamestop was talking about not selling Xbox One games due to the fact that they wouldn't be making much money, since GS gets most of its money from used games.

34. ISO #34

It does add up. I still don't trust Microsoft to begin with. The fact that they had intentions to put the console on DRM also shows that they have intentions for a darker future.

As for restrictive sales, I do love the idea of digital downloads nowadays. Especially if you have an old game like Unreal tonurament, each time you get a deal you'd still get money. Retailers like Gamestop would go as far as selling used games, and give store-credits to you. After having my xbox overheating not too long ago, got myself a 50$ steam wallet. It puts players and certain companies at an advantage, but the publishers/developers don't get anything in return, which sucks. I still have a problem with the idea of paying full price for AAA titles digitally, due to the fact that the portion of the CD price goes to shipping and handling.

And to the console wars, I'll probably get the console with the most party games. I've enjoyed playing consoles with friends and family, and the Wii U is already in the lead for me. The thing is, I don't like core-gaming on consoles. The only game I've enjoyed while core-gaming on consoles was Bayonetta, but that was pretty much it. I core game on PC, and party game with friends and family on consoles. Smash Bros is an excellent example as a party game. I just don't really care about consoles that much anymore.
    yea i plan on getting a wii-u. nintendo always has great first party titles that you cant get on any other system, and i think the days of console exclusive AAA titles is coming to an end.

Microsoft also kinda screwed themselves with the DRM crap, Gamestop was talking about not selling Xbox One games due to the fact that they wouldn't be making much money, since GS gets most of its money from used games.
    i sure hope gamestop goes out of business. seriously fuck them. they did the same thing blockbuster did in the 90s putting local stores out of business so they could dominate the market. and just like blockbuster, the paradigm has shifted and they are gonna be left in the dust.

but what makes them even worse is they are gypsies. they seriously contribute nothing to the gaming world. they dont fund, develop or publish anything, they just give you a fraction of the value for your games and turn around and sell them back. they are a leech on the industry. they sell used systems that always break within a month of buying them, and dont even use proper quality control. at least blockbuster provided a unique service.

35. ISO #35

i sure hope gamestop goes out of business. seriously fuck them. they did the same thing blockbuster did in the 90s putting local stores out of business so they could dominate the market. and just like blockbuster, the paradigm has shifted and they are gonna be left in the dust.

but what makes them even worse is they are gypsies. they seriously contribute nothing to the gaming world. they dont fund, develop or publish anything, they just give you a fraction of the value for your games and turn around and sell them back. they are a leech on the industry. they sell used systems that always break within a month of buying them, and dont even use proper quality control. at least blockbuster provided a unique service.
    Just you so you know, Gamestop is just a pawnshop. If you're smart, you'd never sell to them, its how they make money like any other business.

My wife has worked for Gamestop for 3 years now, their entire income is based on the selling of used games. (Getting them cheap from folks stupid enough to sell them back)
    Last edited by Apocist; June 22nd, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

36. ISO #36

Just you so you know, Gamestop is just a pawnshop. If you're smart, you'd never sell to them, its how they make money like any other business.

My wife has worked for Gamestop for 3 years now, their entire income is based on the selling of used games. (Getting them cheap from folks stupid enough to sell them back)
    This is true, I tried to sell my brand new but used only once CoD, and they want to pay me 10 dollars -.-
    I could easily sell it for 40 dollars on ebay or some stuff like that

37. ISO #37

yea i plan on getting a wii-u. nintendo always has great first party titles that you cant get on any other system, and i think the days of console exclusive AAA titles is coming to an end.

Yeah. The only thing innovative consoles can bring is benchmarking, which can push for much more powerful GPUs and CPUs...except for this gen with CPUs. The sad thing is, the Wii U has best CPU out of the 3 consoles. PS4 is using 8 core AMD jaguar, which is mobile CPU. And Xbone's CPU is pretty equivalent to the PS4's CPU. I personally hate core gaming on consoles. Especially that most of the core games mainly consist of FPS on controllers, which is utter shit compared to mouse and keyboard. I will be sticking with consoles when it comes to party games, but everything else is nay. The Wii U is very damn similar to the dreamcast, which is what I am most worried about.

As Apocist said below, Gamestop is nothing more than a pawnshop. I would take advantage of Gamestop, but I don't really buy disc games anymore. I have sold things from my Xbox 360 after it got red-ringed, such as the wifi, the hard-drive, and 2 copies. Selling things used is pretty much their "Specialty" sadly.

I liked Iwata Satoru's response on used games though. But here is this whole situation in a nutshell...

Microsoft) Support devs by making games restrictive with gamers and retailers.
    Sony) Let's do what our customers want, no DRM, and disc-based games.
    Nintendo) Make games that people won't bound to sell.
    Valve) Offer better than pirates, keep supporting devs, and make gamers tempt to buy games with impressive sales.

It is obvious to see where Microsoft is going, but gamers and even indie developers are not very happy with Microsoft. You should see what Phil Fish, the developer of Fez thinks about Xbone. Sony is blatantly taking advantage of the whole situation, pretty damn obvious. Nintendo is more passionate about their games rather than doing something about the whole issue. Valve is doing it all-round a better choice when it comes to touching gamer's hearts, and supporting developers.

Meanwhile at Gamestop, used games is the priority of the industry, it is doing nothing useful but taking advantage of disc-based copies. Digital copies are the innovation of manufacturing sales. Gamers don't have to waste time, it is easier to access deals, and developers will still get money even years after the release of an old game. It is also true that their quality is shit.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

also before more people jump on the sony bandwagon, let me remind everyone. back in 2006 sony was including a root kit that would secretly tell them what you were doing.

sony is no friend of the consumer. like you said, they are just capitalizing on microsoft's fuck up
    Exactly. Even if they admitted to their faults back in 2006, like overpriced PS3, you could tell what kind of business model they want. It is obviously for the money. Before, they were going on what looks best on paper, which is guaranteed to fail. Here, they want to look as consumer friendly as possible. The only reason why PS4 is a huge success is because Microsoft is tired of having customers. Nintendo and Valve combined gets it to be honest. Quality over quantity.

40. ISO #40

I'm still not seeing how Valve made it into your gaming console list...but ok. Are you referring to digital sales or something? (I know nothing of Valves methods, Steam mayhap)

41. ISO #41

I'm still not seeing how Valve made it into your gaming console list...but ok. Are you referring to digital sales or something? (I know nothing of Valves methods, Steam mayhap)
    Not referring to consoles, but how each major company sees this. Valve owns Steam. As of right now, Steam is a big thing for PC gamers. My point is that this is is how four major companies on these platforms (Wii, Xbox, Playstation, and PC) are seeing everything differently. Major ones being Microsoft and Sony, as one is being douchey, and one is taking advantage of the situation. Nintendo and Valve, both are trying to make a solution.

As long as Steam exists, I can still consider it the PSN of PC, which makes me wonder why they can't be involved.

42. ISO #42

Not referring to consoles, but how each major company sees this. Valve owns Steam. As of right now, Steam is a big thing for PC gamers. My point is that this is is how four major companies on these platforms (Wii, Xbox, Playstation, and PC) are seeing everything differently. Major ones being Microsoft and Sony, as one is being douchey, and one is taking advantage of the situation. Nintendo and Valve, both are trying to make a solution.

As long as Steam exists, I can still consider it the PSN of PC, which makes me wonder why they can't be involved.
    and this is what makes want to rather buy a desktop computer and plug it to the TV than ever getting a console...

i own a total of one PS2 game (Zone of Enders)... and played one free-to-play PS3 game (Dust 514)...

i am in no way a real console player... but a PC still seem like a better idea no matter how you look at it... when i am done using the said PC for a "console" i can even use it for something else... no need to jailbreak it or whatever to install a new OS!

43. ISO #43

and this is what makes want to rather buy a desktop computer and plug it to the TV than ever getting a console...

i own a total of one PS2 game (Zone of Enders)... and played one free-to-play PS3 game (Dust 514)...

i am in no way a real console player... but a PC still seem like a better idea no matter how you look at it... when i am done using the said PC for a "console" i can even use it for something else... no need to jailbreak it or whatever to install a new OS!
    Pretty much. Especially that valve is pushing PC gaming to be compatible with controllers with the promotion of big picture and whatnot.

The 6th generation ended my console journey. I enjoyed games on PC more, and consoles were last good at that time. If I were to get a PS4/Xbone, I'd only get it for Kingdom Hearts 3 and that is pretty much it.

PC is just so much better for core gaming. More access, more comfort for concentration, easier sales, better deals, etc...I prefer to use the console with the big tv for party games, which is why I consider getting a Wii U. Playing with Friends and Family and nerding a night out on Smash Bros or something.

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45