Forum Mafia IV {Q & A} - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: Forum Mafia IV -Sign Up Thread-

I cut out 5 players that were on the list. Double check the list to see if you are still there. If you are then you'll recieve information about the game soon(TM).

If you aren't on the list then you'll have to observe. I'd suggest contacting Elixir and checking out what the situation is for FM5, pay attention to how we play FM4 and be ready to sign up quickly.

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

I was pretty sure I was signing myself up when I was question whether or not Claw was specifically targeting me out when making the 'YOU HAVE TO SIGN YOURSELF UP RULE.'

5. ISO #105

Suggestions: Add enchantress, take out armorsmith. Add forger for mafia, take out at least 2 roles? Not sure why you have a vigilante with a gunsmith around.

1 citizen? Really? What's the point of masons with just one citizen around? Cult is a bit too powerful here, and revolutionists will need citizens to recruit as well.

Town starts off without a majority. It is very unlikely the 9 person mafia team will lose this tbh.

This needs lots of balance work, but I like the roles you picked so far.

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    That is a list of POSSIBLE roles. Not what roles people actually have. Nobody except us will see the real role list since this is a closed setup.
    Oh okay lol. Thanks for clarifying.

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

8. ISO #108
    Davidson

make it GANG WAR themed

and make everybody a jailer

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110
    divemaster127

When is the night ending?

11. ISO #111
    Severn

Those possible roles looks awesome. The neutrals are going to be making me so paranoid asking myself whether there is a cult leader or not.

VETERAN! Random veteran will be so lolsy.

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113
    Pansy

Can i sign up?

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117
    Yayap

Quote Originally Posted by jaczac View Post
    Why did i get kicked?
    If you can't seem to find the reason for your removal in this topic with just over 100 replies, how on earth are you going to be able to keep up with about 2000+ replies each day? Seriously please read the other posts before posting yourself. Only exception to this rule should be when people post at the same time.

18. ISO #118

I know Why i got dropped, cuz ima new member, but why me? I check lots, I read most of Forum mafia II and III and ive checked this evry hour pretty much
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocshi View Post
    Best Entrance Award- jaczac
    First post of the game, he kills the Godfather.
    Good stuff right there.

19. ISO #119
    Yayap

You also tried joining after the 35 player cap off was reached making you more likely to get dropped.

Tip for all new people that want in FM5: sign up early.

20. ISO #120

You were dropped because I went up the list(from the bottom). Anyone who wasn't in a previous FM was removed in order.

I added Inca because he PMd me well before half the other people did and asked for a spot. I didn't notice the PM until after I made the cut and had to cut an extra person.

You're on reserve. Even though the reserve list is partially random you may find yourself in the game sooner or later.

Updated with rules.

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

I'm telling elixir right now that this game could use some more people and you'll see why after this game. The way we are working this out it'll be much more managable with more people and for people who don't have a lot of time to siphon through 100 pages of 5000 word essays.

Forum mafia is in a constant state of evolution and we believe this game is taking it to the next level not only with suggestions, but the anonymous forum and the way the game will play out.

I STRONGLY suggest people start thinking up amazing forum mafia based ideas for roles. Almost anything is possible in the forum mafia situation and it'd be nice to get some diversity to the different games.

Jaczac just for being this persistent I'm giving you the first reserve spot. You better not make me regret that shit.

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125
    AscendedOne

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    I STRONGLY suggest people start thinking up amazing forum mafia based ideas for roles. Almost anything is possible in the forum mafia situation and it'd be nice to get some diversity to the different games.
    Grave robber? Addtionally, why don't we use a few more epic mafia roles?

26. ISO #126

I personally will only consider roles with enough effort that they are put on the interesting roles catalog by FalseTruth. Sometimes I see some neat roles on there, but none are fully polished off.

If someone suggests a forum mafia version of some epic mafia roles that I can see being helpful then maybe I'd use them.

Again this is only me. Elixir might use only epic mafia roles. I prefer more SC2 based Mafia. You will see the playstyle of the player highlighted in the role list since we all add our own little touch to the setups. Goon is known for balance and I'd say this last game was pretty god damn balanced in terms of chance of winning and reward of winning.

If you are a SK and you won you feel extremely accomplished since you had the odds against you, yet he still won because of the way the game was designed. My setup is more closed, random, and I hope fun. I don't mind it being balanced or unbalanced as long as the majority of people have fun.

Auckmid you'll be going on reserve. That's the best I can do for you I guess. =(

27. ISO #127
    AscendedOne

Well claw, falsetruth HAS said he was goint to put the idea into the catolog. He has been delayed by hosting forum mafia and the fact that none of the ideas could be added into sc2 intill the scrypt limit gets raised. So ya..... Don't leave my idea out of consideration.....

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130
    AscendedOne

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post

Auckmid you'll be going on reserve. That's the best I can do for you I guess. =(
    So does that mean that I'm going to replace someone if they go completely AFK, or that unless someone decides not to play pre-game, I'm not playing?
    It means that if someone breaks the rules, or if someone doesn't show up you will move up the list.

31. ISO #131
    AscendedOne

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalier View Post
    With a 4-clean janitor, a Mortician https://www.epicmafia.com/role/166 might be useful.
    Already in the game, called a coroner.

32. ISO #132

I'm telling elixir right now that this game could use some more people and you'll see why after this game. The way we are working this out it'll be much more managable with more people and for people who don't have a lot of time to siphon through 100 pages of 5000 word essays.

Forum mafia is in a constant state of evolution and we believe this game is taking it to the next level not only with suggestions, but the anonymous forum and the way the game will play out.

Jaczac just for being this persistent I'm giving you the first reserve spot. You better not make me regret that shit.
    Wait what did I do?

If we have like 50-60 people we can just run two at once.
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

33. ISO #133

Quote Originally Posted by AscendedOne View Post

So does that mean that I'm going to replace someone if they go completely AFK, or that unless someone decides not to play pre-game, I'm not playing?
    It means that if someone breaks the rules, or if someone doesn't show up you will move up the list.
    Okay, theres hope. So if someone dosn't give a night action before night 1 deadline, can I replace that person?

34. ISO #134
    AscendedOne

Yes, Claw will correct me if I'm wrong.

MWUHAHAHHAHAHA I have given the false hope.

35. ISO #135

No, I'm saying you can have 40-45 people and it can still be a casual game.

There's no reason to cut them in half.

You'll see after this game. I'm partial to bigger games though. I've built the role cards from scratch, Oops has made an entire forum up and running, and we've done all the randomization all in a day. The amount of players isn't overwhelming at all.

I'd also hate for a split game and have one game be extremely fun and being left out because I was in my own game doing boring stuff.

Pretty much Auckmid there will be pre-determined random named accounts. You will just get access to a new password for that account and you'll take over that player. No one will know that you are the one that took over the body, but will know that a swap was made with that player.

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

No, I'm saying you can have 40-45 people and it can still be a casual game.

There's no reason to cut them in half.

You'll see after this game. I'm partial to bigger games though. I've built the role cards from scratch, Oops has made an entire forum up and running, and we've done all the randomization all in a day. The amount of players isn't overwhelming at all.

I'd also hate for a split game and have one game be extremely fun and being left out because I was in my own game doing boring stuff.

Pretty much Auckmid there will be pre-determined random named accounts. You will just get access to a new password for that account and you'll take over that player. No one will know that you are the one that took over the body, but will know that a swap was made with that player.
    Okay. Is there many people ahead of me on the reserve list?

38. ISO #138

No. We don't have enough for 2 games. We have enough for 1 real game and a shitty game.

Even if we allowed people to keep signing up. We'll have 45 people max.

If you don't feel like playing in this version of Forum Mafia then you can do what Plato did and create your own variant. I just get this vibe that I've offended "you people" and you're displeased with me so you don't want to play a game I'm hosting. Sorry for being a jackass, but what can I do. What's done is done and I'm ready to host FM4.

@Auckmid: Other than Jaczac the list will be randomized so the players don't know who is taking who. I don't want there to be a list since as soon as "Someone cheated and someone else replaced them" happened everyone would be like "SUP AUCKMID U".

39. ISO #139
    AscendedOne

I dont see how large games would be much better. It's more of a trade off......
    In a large game it will be harder to keep track of people.
    Then theres that situation.

40. ISO #140

No. We don't have enough for 2 games. We have enough for 1 real game and a shitty game.

Even if we allowed people to keep signing up. We'll have 45 people max.

If you don't feel like playing in this version of Forum Mafia then you can do what Plato did and create your own variant. I just get this vibe that I've offended "you people" and you're displeased with me so you don't want to play a game I'm hosting. Sorry for being a jackass, but what can I do. What's done is done and I'm ready to host FM4.

@Auckmid: Other than Jaczac the list will be randomized so the players don't know who is taking who. I don't want there to be a list since as soon as "Someone cheated and someone else replaced them" happened everyone would be like "SUP AUCKMID U".
    How does the disguiser work? Do you switch accounts?

41. ISO #141

You are the [size=4][Disguiser]

You will be able to use a one time attack that, if successful, will allow you to take over that persons body and decieve others around you.You are the only person that the Godfather has no control over. You are able to make your own decisions on who to attack.

If you receive a bulletproof vest or a gun, you will receive instruction on their use.

You want the town to lose and to survive.
    You gain control of the targets account. The password will be changed on both accounts.

42. ISO #142
    Yayap

Quote Originally Posted by AscendedOne View Post

I dont see how large games would be much better. It's more of a trade off......
    In a large game it will be harder to keep track of people.
    Then theres that situation.
    You don't really have to keep track of people, just one at a time. Once you know who is mafia, it should be a fast lynch. If there is no more ideas, then look back and find another lead. Once people start piecing peoples roles together, it becomes a team effort, but I highly recommend keeping a notepad or other doc open with confirmed roles so you don't get mixed up.

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145
    Yayap

Also, I loled at the setup. 9 neutrals! ;D
    9 possible neutral roles. We don't know how many will be in the game.
    It's like in SC2, we have a bunch of role possibilities but not everyone of them makes it into the game.
    Example: very few SC2 mafia games have vigilantes now.

... Claw beat me to the reply button, again.

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148
    Severn

I guess maybe since they win with citizens they could count as town.

49. ISO #149
    Davidson

NOW

50. ISO #150