Town Of Salem - Kickstarter - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: Town Of Salem - Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by ypmagic View Post
    You left every single game you were about to lose. You are not a man. You are pathetic. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Maybe, but I'm not a criminal, that's the point.

And I'm probably one of the better players (in terms of how I behave and play fair) online, than most people this game will ever get.

2. ISO #102

Quote Originally Posted by Mugy7 View Post
    Our policy is to punish accounts, not people. If your little brother used this account to offend previously, then it will be taken as a previous offense regardless of who is using the account IRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    Technically speaking it doesn't even matter that they reported, the account you're using hacked at least one of it's bank files therefore the entire account gets pointbanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    I hope you all realize that the issue here is not the win rate. It was having a near impossible about of points vs achievements in comparison to three other banks in the same point range. If you are going to continue whining about the win rate be prepared for post deletion and infraction because it is getting really annoying to read all the posts concerning that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    1. You fully admitted to staff that this is the same as the EU account, just on NA.
    2. Said EU account had 4 achievements that were physically impossible for it to have without editing the bank file.
    3. There's nothing else to tell you, you use your brother's account you get to deal with the consequences of his actions.

We've discussed this in depth, and you are fully aware of the situation. I'd sympathize with you...except you're using an account you basically got for free. Buy your own account dude if you wanna be accountable for yourself. The only thing ridiculous is this response after we explained and discussed everything in detail

Reiterating this AGAIN.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

3. ISO #103

Reiterating this AGAIN.
    2-S2-1-587485 maybe hacked. I don't know, and I'm not sure I should care.

I never hacked, I'm 1-S2-1-4307282, and that's the end of it. Another Person, Another SC2, another player who played for ages to earn what he got.

If you found a report on 1-S2-1-4307282 that proves I'm a hacker, I would be VERY VERY VERY interested in seeing the clues, because I never cheated, and anyone who still actively play this game, and have played with me, know how long it took to get my wins and points.

I should never have come to this forum, and should just have ignored the kids that didn't understand the 0 losses.
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 26th, 2013 at 02:40 AM.

4. ISO #104

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    2-S2-1-587485 maybe hacked. I don't know, and I'm not sure I should care.

I never hacked, I'm 1-S2-1-4307282, and that's the end of it. Another Person, Another SC2, another player who played for ages to earn what he got.

If you found a report on 1-S2-1-4307282 that proves I'm a hacker, I would be VERY VERY VERY interested in seeing the clues, because I never cheated, and anyone who still actively play this game, and have played with me, know how long it took to get my wins and points.

I should never have come to this forum, and should just have ignored the kids that didn't understand the 0 losses.
    Off topic. Off topic. Off topic. Flame the moderators and the others somewhere else plz.
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by ypmagic View Post
    Off topic. Off topic. Off topic. Flame the moderators and the others somewhere else plz.
    Three things started this.
    1) Someone lied/trolled about what I said, and refused to quote it, but kept repeating it.
    2) Someone flaming me.
    3) Someone blaming me of hacking.

Quite wrong to say I started this.
    Go back and read up on who is the real disease of this forum. I dare you.
    But I'm guilty in trying to give constructive feedback to Town of Salem, before the kids of the internet took over.

Everyone I play with knows that I'm likely to get banned for having 0 losses, even though it's not a crime to do.

If you want to ban me, just fucking do it. Make your own rules.

(I hope Town of Salem will have a new forum, I really really do. This place is poisoned. To the few cool people I've meet who still got their head on their shoulders: Hope to see you in Town of Salem!)
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 26th, 2013 at 03:06 AM.

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

The amount of hypocrisy I have observed in your posts is, to say the least... Infuriating. I'll leave it at that.
    tbh, Im to the point i cant tell if hes a dedicated master troll, or one of those thick skulled europeans that just repeats the same thing over and over despite it being utter nonsense

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110

Anyway, lets get back on track.

Town Of Salem is a newly made game with 2 people on art, one of sound and 1 programmer.
    Yes it will have a lot of room for improvement, which is why our feedback would be good.

Town of Salem: Firstly, not everyone knows about The Crucible and the Witch Trials. Town of Salem is more of an American thing from my view, and I have never heard of it until now.
    Town of Salem is not as world wildly known as the mafia. Mafia is knows world wide, as every country has it's own version of the Mafia. Mafia is a lot more popular among the world compared to the Town of Salem, due to it being more recent, more covered by movies and novels and so on. If you want the game to sell you need it to be aimed at everyone world wide.

As said by previous people, Citizen is a very important role. Even though it is disliked the most yet you can't have a horse without the crap.

Vigilante and Jailor shouldn't be punished for making mistakes. The amount of times I play a game, and someone acting all bad and scummy who turns out to be town. Witch and Transporter powers able to force them to punish themselves. It's unfair. Yes there are stupid people whom make mistakes.

And doctors can't really heal themselves... "Oh look, I've been shot in the head, better have self brain operation to heal me". A Doctor randomly healing first night is good in my eyes, since he has more chance in healing a townie than a bad guy.

And yes he didn't come up with the idea himself. So what at least he has put some work into this, and finally made this available without Starcraft 2.

A point/ranking system I would like, and others would like to I guess. Since I just do love earning points and things and climbing up the chart, which I guess other people agrees with as well.

The Graphics, Yes they have done a fantastic job with the graphics, and I love the UI so far. But I do agree with other people that it is a little bit cartoonish. I love the music, but the music does seem to cheerful/nice(I can imagine a fairy forest). It's a game about lieing and murder. Something more dark would be better, which is why the 1920's Godfather suits it perfectly.

Options for role cards would be great, making the game more custom able, and settings would be better. Since I love longer times for the game.

Basically, so far: I love what you do, just make it Mafia

11. ISO #111

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Anyway, lets get back on track.

Town Of Salem is a newly made game with 2 people on art, one of sound and 1 programmer.
    Yes it will have a lot of room for improvement, which is why our feedback would be good.

Town of Salem: Firstly, not everyone knows about The Crucible and the Witch Trials...
    Really good feedback, and I agree with almost everything.

About the Citizen role, in SC2 mafia most games I play are very enjoyable and without Citizens. I don't think it's as crucial as some people try to make it.

About Doctors, they could have a 1 time health pack (like vest), but not sure on that one.

I very much agree that Vigilantes and jailors shouldn't suicide. Maybe the point system could reward players for good play at the very end (you shot an enemy or healed a teammate).

The better the point system, the better the ranking system, and the more awesome the stuff you unlock is, the more players will be motivated to progress instead of trolling around (though we all know there will always be trolls).

I too, was hoping the game would be a bit more mature. It makes no sense to me that there's mafia's in a gnome world.

All in all, considering you are just a 2 man team, very good job so far. I (and I think many others) are looking forward to being free of SC2, and being able to invite our friends that don't have it.

I'm looking forward to participating in the beta.
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 26th, 2013 at 04:49 AM.

12. ISO #112

About the Citizen role, in SC2 mafia most games I play are very enjoyable and without Citizens. I don't think it's as crucial as some people try to make it.[/B]
    Citizen is badly needed when you have games with very few players or a lot of players.

when making a setup for only 5 players... it is very hard not to make the Mafia totally powerless against 3 Town power roles...

when making a setup for 20 players or more... you don't want 10 Sheriffs, 10 Doctors or 5 Bus Drivers... you don't want a lot of any role really! Citizen is the only role you can spam in a setup without making it unfair...

the whole fun-factor of Citizen can be debated... some people think it is boring... some people think it is skill...
    the point is... if you don't want to play with Citizens... then don't make them in your setup... or ask the host to remove them...

customization is king in this!!!

I too, was hoping the game would be a bit more mature. It makes no sense to me that there's mafia's in a gnome world.
    yeah... if the theme stay... maybe the Mafia should be renamed to something else... like monsters? or something?
    Last edited by Deantwo; May 26th, 2013 at 05:33 AM.

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

13. ISO #113

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    Citizen is badly needed when you have games with very few players or a lot of players.

when making a setup for only 5 players... it is very hard not to make the Mafia totally powerless against 3 Town power roles...

when making a setup for 20 players or more... you don't want 10 Sheriffs, 10 Doctors or 5 Bus Drivers... you don't want a lot of any role really! Citizen is the only role you can spam in a setup without making it unfair...

the whole fun-factor of Citizen can be debated... some people think it is boring... some people think it is skill...
    the point is... if you don't want to play with Citizens... then don't make them in your setup... or ask the host to remove them...

customization is king in this!!!

yeah... if the theme stay... maybe the Mafia should be renamed to something else... like monsters? or something?
    I see no point in not making a Citizen role in the game, for those that want to play with that. But I would say that the game is severely crippled without Citizens. I think 9/10 games of SC2 Mafia I see, is played without Citizens, and I'm still having fun.

I'm looking forward to converting to Town of Salem beta asap, but I think they still got some way ahead of them. I hope they can get more people on their team, with the money they get from kickstarter.

One thing I fear about Town of Salem, is the setup process. It is often a source of frustration in SC2 Mafia (games are ruined or doesn't even start because of it), so I really hope they make some improvements on how this is done.
    Second thing is how this setup process makes it a hell lot easier for players to join games with their skype partners (contrast to matchmaking where you are automatically teamed with people you don't know).

Hmm, will be interesting to see what they do.
    (Btw, can't wait to get rid of SC2 fail load).

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

Huh? There is a wolf sound? Gonna check the vid again. I guess it's played at nightfall?
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

Why would you ever do that?
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

18. ISO #118

I've been seeing a lot comments about vigilante and jailors getting punished for failing.

I will have to say this: It is too harsh imo. If you want to balance it, I suggest adding this one role that was in the suggestions not so long ago. The Prisoner. If a failor fails on a prisoner, the failor dies for mindlessly executing a prisoner. I'd put the same condition for Vigilante if they fail on the prisoner.

This is a role I actually supported.

19. ISO #119

Quote Originally Posted by Dudemanguy12 View Post
    I've been seeing a lot comments about vigilante and jailors getting punished for failing.

I will have to say this: It is too harsh imo. If you want to balance it, I suggest adding this one role that was in the suggestions not so long ago. The Prisoner. If a failor fails on a prisoner, the failor dies for mindlessly executing a prisoner. I'd put the same condition for Vigilante if they fail on the prisoner.

This is a role I actually supported.
    This game ha no citizen which are powerless. You have to compensate this with suicide mechanics on failure mechanics i guess. This game is even more swingy than sc2mafia.

20. ISO #120

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    This game ha no citizen which are powerless. You have to compensate this with suicide mechanics on failure mechanics i guess. This game is even more swingy than sc2mafia.
    True, this game REALLY needs citizens. There is a lot of things that need to be improved. I get sick in the head when I see failors intentionally execute without a reason.

But lets see what happens. This is coming from someone who doesn't even like Citizens.

21. ISO #121

Bugs
    At the start menu, once you pic classic/custom game there is no return button, so if you wish to return to the start, you need to refresh the page.

When everyone has picked there house or Character, you still have to wait until the timer reaches 0 even though choices cannot be changed. (Unnecessary wait)

In a Jester, Mafioso, Sheriff stand off. The Jester is lynched and the Mafioso votes guilty. The Mafioso kills the sheriff that night. Yet next day the mafioso is still alive (Should of been killed by Jester) and the Mafia win the game.

At the end of the game, there is no return button. So again you have to refresh the game to play again. (Return to the start, or return to lobby with current players still in game would be better)

22. ISO #122

Bugs
    At the start menu, once you pic classic/custom game there is no return button, so if you wish to return to the start, you need to refresh the page.

When everyone has picked there house or Character, you still have to wait until the timer reaches 0 even though choices cannot be changed. (Unnecessary wait)

In a Jester, Mafioso, Sheriff stand off. The Jester is lynched and the Mafioso votes guilty. The Mafioso kills the sheriff that night. Yet next day the mafioso is still alive (Should of been killed by Jester) and the Mafia win the game.

At the end of the game, there is no return button. So again you have to refresh the game to play again. (Return to the start, or return to lobby with current players still in game would be better)
    Jester can choose who to kill or to kill at all

Oh yeah, and 1v1 standoffs don't end

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    This is game is just an inferior version of Mafia. Why would anyone want to play this.
    -Worse graphic style
    -Less animations
    Unless this improves dramatically throughout the development there is no reason at all for anyone with Starcraft 2 to play this.
    the graphic style isn't that bad... it's maybe a little too cheerful and fairytale like... but it is not bad

the theme is more of a werewolf thing then mafia thought...

25. ISO #125

Looks very cool. However, 2 things...

1) I know SC2 players have a grudge against Citizen, but c'mon. Completely cutting it from the game? Something important to remember is that SC2Mafia is NOT the only Mafia community (see EpicMafia) and you have the potential to attract quite a lot of people from places like this with a free Mafia game which doesn't require SC2. However, the SC2 guys are pretty much the only ones who have a big issue with Citizen, while the players from other communities DO use Citizen in the majority of the games and might be detracted by it's exclusion. Seems really dumb to me to leave out such a simple yet core role just because you don't like it, despite possibly detracting potential players because of it.

2) Even though Medium looks cool, Retributionist looks VERY OP (if there is an open grave-yard, whoever is brought back to life becomes 100% confirmed town. Imagine this used on Sheriff or someone). I would recommend de-buffing him, either by making him sacrificial (he dies with no way of being saved when he uses his ability), or enacting a timed life on the resurrected guy (After 2 or 3 nights, resurrected guy dies with no way of saving him).

While I haven't played yet and it is your game so you can do what you like, Retributionist looks way too powerful atm, and excluding Citizen is just stupid. Balance is important:P

Really does look very interesting

26. ISO #126

The rules on setup and roles that have come to be law in sc2 mafia should really be taken into account here. They're tried and true. If the community has said something here, they're PROBABLY right.

anyway, you should take this the way starcraft 2 mafia customization works, but expand in the areas that DR couldnt, due to GUI limitations that he couldnt resolve.

otherwise, you beat me to it =P

FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    Looks very cool. However, 2 things...

1) I know SC2 players have a grudge against Citizen, but c'mon. Completely cutting it from the game? Something important to remember is that SC2Mafia is NOT the only Mafia community (see EpicMafia) and you have the potential to attract quite a lot of people from places like this with a free Mafia game which doesn't require SC2. However, the SC2 guys are pretty much the only ones who have a big issue with Citizen, while the players from other communities DO use Citizen in the majority of the games and might be detracted by it's exclusion. Seems really dumb to me to leave out such a simple yet core role just because you don't like it, despite possibly detracting potential players because of it.

2) Even though Medium looks cool, Retributionist looks VERY OP (if there is an open grave-yard, whoever is brought back to life becomes 100% confirmed town. Imagine this used on Sheriff or someone). I would recommend de-buffing him, either by making him sacrificial (he dies with no way of being saved when he uses his ability), or enacting a timed life on the resurrected guy (After 2 or 3 nights, resurrected guy dies with no way of saving him).

While I haven't played yet and it is your game so you can do what you like, Retributionist looks way too powerful atm, and excluding Citizen is just stupid. Balance is important:P

Really does look very interesting
    a bigger problem i see with the Medium and Retributionist... is the death chat... even if the player is dead for one day... they can learn a lot of information from other dead players...

like if a Sheriff died before revealing he's clues... or even worse a dead Mafia member barging about how he's team is winning and then saying who the remaining Mafia is... everyone in the death chat will know this now... and then the Medium or Retributionist use their ability on one of the dead town players who now know all the Mafia members...

for the Medium and Retributionist to work... death chat need to be disabled

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

Quote Originally Posted by JordanMiller View Post
    or people who are mafia could just... not say who their partners are? I don't see how that's a big deal at all.

but some will, and in those scenarios, its game breaking. disabling death chat is good.

FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

31. ISO #131
    Darkbouncer4689

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! Getting a lot of great feedback here.

32. ISO #132

ok I legit played it for about an hour with 12 friends, here's what i noticed:

*Days are over way too fast...like WAY too fast...Town hardly got any lynches off
    *Really hard to wade through chat, especially if playing with all rl friends (the spam is literally hitler), perhaps color the font like sc2mafia
    *Mediums are an ok replacement for Citizens. I dunno. I used it in place of Citizens
    *needs host options
    *I can't have repeat confirmed Mafia roles
    *Accidentally leaving the page sucks balls. Add a prompt or confirm pls
    *Games not over even when it's 3 Mafia 3 Nontownkilling Towns, the Mafia have to kill/lynch the rest of the Town
    *Dead chat is indistinguishable from Living chat for dead players

all of my nonsc2 friends love it because it gave them a chance to play mafia with my sc2 friends, without having to sign up with email or shit. yes we're all plebians who can't figure out another way to play online mafia.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

33. ISO #133

34. ISO #134

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post

*Days are over way too fast...like WAY too fast...Town hardly got any lynches off
    *Really hard to wade through chat, especially if playing with all rl friends (the spam is literally hitler), perhaps color the font like sc2mafia
    *Mediums are an ok replacement for Citizens. I dunno. I used it in place of Citizens
    *needs host options
    *Games not over even when it's 3 Mafia 3 Nontownkilling Towns, the Mafia have to kill/lynch the rest of the Town

all of my nonsc2 friends love it because it gave them a chance to play mafia with my sc2 friends, without having to sign up with email or shit. yes we're all plebians who can't figure out another way to play online mafia.
    Epicmafia

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137
    Darkbouncer4689

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post

*needs host options

Thanks for the suggestions Orpz. A lot of this will be fixed in the next month or two. I am glad to hear that people are enjoying the alpha (even with all of the bugs and lack of features). Hopefully in a few months with a lot more elbow grease we will have a great game.

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139
    Darkbouncer4689

Will you be making a list of changes/bug fixes that you are going to make?
    Yes, I am setting up forums on our website. Players can post bugs and feature requests there and there will be a list of "Work in progress" tasks as well.

40. ISO #140

41. ISO #141

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post
    The site doesn't work on my mobile browser. Any plans to make an app for this?
    Get apps that support flash players like photon
    I prefer Puffin, cuz its easier, faster, less laggy and its free too, but i think it only support up to 11.2, not yet support 11.4 >.< gotta wait until it update
    In the meantime, you could pay 4.99 for photon but its kinda laggy

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Get apps that support flash players like photon
    I prefer Puffin, cuz its easier, faster, less laggy and its free too, but i think it only support up to 11.2, not yet support 11.4 >.< gotta wait until it update
    In the meantime, you could pay 4.99 for photon but its kinda laggy
    Just no... Puffin destroyed my data plan. 1.14 GBs in a week for just casual play is uncalled for.

Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

45. ISO #145
    Righteous

My best advice to Town of Salem devs is controversial, but never the less what I think is for the best. (And from what I've discussed and hear from others in lobby as well)

Please DO NOT listen to feedback from long time members of this community!!

Make your own game(!), start your own forum, and start collecting fresh feedback from those who are genuinely interested in this new game, and it's success! ...I beg you!

You will quickly notice that too many people here come from a Forum Mafia, or even EpicMafia backgrounds, OR some have been in SC2 Mafia from the very beginning, but gradually stopped playing as the game expanded and started to become unfamiliar.

Secondly, this game and forum is run with a 'Pay to Say' principle. People with good suggestions are asked to pay("donate") for privileges to express their suggestions in a VIP forum, or they wont be heard. Payed users are elitist and ignorant towards new users and their feedback (EDIT: See the guy who replied me, I rest my case).

Just go and read some of the game suggestions on this forum and see how poorly everything is received. You will quickly realize how unfriendly and un-constructive this forum is. You will see no progress here. It's no coincidence that after months of development, one of the first roles to be added in a long awaited update, is the Stump, a role for the admins to troll those who haven't payed ("donated").

If you eat too much of the their feedback (the same ideology that has been preached around here for the last couple of years), then you'll quickly end up with a dumbed down slow-mo game like EpicMafia, with 3Citizen, 1 Sherif, 1 Doctor and 2 Mafioso's and last can last 40+minutes, because 3 clueless people can't decide who of the them unchecked, sounds least trustworthy.

This is not what you want!

You want to make mafia cool, new, fresh, smart, fast and accessible! Reinvent the classic mafia game for the 21st century!
    Let people play with their friends without SC2.
    Let people experience the core concept of lies and deceive, for the sole purpose of having fun.

I would even go so far as to not try to familiarize it with "Mafia" at all:

What about a small town with Bandits (instead of mafia)?
    What's wrong with a werewolf role?
    Make a new universe for your game!

I repeat, don't take this place too seriously. If you feel something is simply not fun, don't add it to the game, or change it, or come up with something new. Watch yourself around here!

I do however have faith in ToS and Dark.Revenant being on the project.
    The consequences of his occasional absence from this forum, only goes to show how important he is for the health of this game.

This post will likely be hidden by admins, it's their place after all.

Peace out!
    Last edited by ; June 1st, 2013 at 12:53 AM.

46. ISO #146

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    My best advice to Town of Salem devs is controversial, but never the less what I think is for the best.

Make your own game(!), start your own forum, and start collecting fresh feedback from those who are genuinely interested in this new game, and it's success! ...I beg you!

You will quickly notice that too many people here come from a Forum Mafia, or even EpicMafia backgrounds, OR some have been in SC2 Mafia from the very beginning, but gradually stopped playing as the game expanded and started to become unfamiliar.

Secondly, this game and forum is run with a 'Pay to Say' principle. People with good suggestions are asked to pay("donate") for privileges to express their suggestions in a VIP forum, or they wont be heard. Payed users are elitist and ignorant towards new users and their feedback.
    Just go and read some of the game suggestions on this forum and see how poorly everything is received. You will quickly realize how unfriendly and un-constructive this forum is. You will see no progress here. It's no coincidence that after months of development, one of the first roles to be added in a long awaited update, is the Stump, a role for the admins to troll those who haven't payed ("donated").

If you eat too much of the their feedback (the same ideology that has been preached around here for the last couple of years), then you'll quickly end up with a dumbed down slow-mo game like EpicMafia, with 3Citizen, 1 Sherif, 1 Doctor and 2 Mafioso's and last can last 40+minutes, because 3 clueless people can't decide who of the them unchecked, sounds least trustworthy.

You want to make mafia cool, new, fresh, smart, fast and accessible! Reinvent the classic mafia game for the 21st century!
    Let people experience the core concept of lies and deceive, for the sole purpose of having fun.

I repeat, don't take this place too seriously. If you feel something is simply not fun, don't add it to the game, or change it, or come up with something new. Watch yourself around here!

Peace out!
    Righteous

lolz nice litlle troll here. if they the devs posted here because DR is part of it and we are players of all kind. i think you are missing the point of them coming here. they came here for us to alpha test it as well as see what could be done

47. ISO #147

Righteous is right that it is your own universe, and you should do something different with it. But the majority of our suggestions come from the standpoint of playability. Idgaf if you have bandits instead of mafia, or do something to witch t make it shmexy for the Salem theme. But you want to make sure you don't go SO far off that the game is broken... Like it is right now.

48. ISO #148

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    My best advice to Town of Salem devs is controversial, but never the less what I think is for the best.

Secondly, this game and forum is run with a 'Pay to Say' principle. People with good suggestions are asked to pay("donate") for privileges to express their suggestions in a VIP forum, or they wont be heard. Payed users are elitist and ignorant towards new users and their feedback (EDIT: See the guy who replied me, I rest my case).

I do however have faith in ToS and Dark.Revenant being on the project.
    The consequences of his occasional absence from this forum, only goes to show how important he is for the health of this game.

Peace out!

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150