Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: Town Of Salem - Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Arent you supposed to be on vacation?
    What vacation.... I said I had a family emergency. I'm back, and all the night actions aren't in. I'm waiting one more hour.
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbouncer4689 View Post
    Yes, there is currently no Citizen. If there is an outcry from the Mafia community for a Citizen I will add it
    No citizens = broken game.
    Experiments a few months ago showed that if town all reveals d1, scum have 0% chance of winning when there are no citizens. It's just because people aren't smart enough to realize that in sc2 and don't do it.

Citizen is THE MOST IMPORTANT ROLE!

4. ISO #54

Well, my opinions on this...

I haven't played the game, but I've taken a look at it. As much as I hate citizens in the SC2 mod, it really is required.
    And personally, I don't really like the idea of it being based off of the Salem witch trials. Yet, still has the Mafia at the same time.

But I hope it's successful. Any chance that you're going to put this on Steam Greenlight?

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTrx View Post
    It looks like a browser game, have you even looked at it or are just stating your opinion?
    My opinions were: Theme and no cits.

Flash games, as oops said, can be submitted to Greenlight. Though I do have a feeling that it'll end up being a browser only game.

Even smartphone games are being submitted on Greenlight.

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Dudemanguy12 View Post
    My opinions were: Theme and no cits.

Flash games, as oops said, can be submitted to Greenlight. Though I do have a feeling that it'll end up being a browser only game.

Even smartphone games are being submitted on Greenlight.
    Agreed, Theme and no Citz I dislike aswell. But I love the fact that someone has made it, and it's good so far saying its just started really. I could make a lot of suggestions for future improvements but I guess the maker has planned to put them in at some point

10. ISO #60

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Agreed, Theme and no Citz I dislike aswell. But I love the fact that someone has made it, and it's good so far saying its just started really. I could make a lot of suggestions for future improvements but I guess the maker has planned to put them in at some point
    Yeah. This project has a lot of potential, yet underrated at the same time. I hope there will be a 1920 mode and be inspired by mafia times. There's a lot of good steps like following the SC2 mod's routes, and a lot of customization.

I personally think that a stand-alone is a big step-forward.

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

I'm going to say this is a pass, considering that ridiculous Vigilante feature of auto-suicide for shooting town.

Honestly, a lot of these game mechanics look like they were made by someone who can't handle the fact people make mistakes.

----------

And then I read that there would be no citizen.

Okay, so this is kind of like where EA buys out a game studio and then releases progressively worse sequels year after year.

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I'm going to say this is a pass, considering that ridiculous Vigilante feature of auto-suicide for shooting town.

Honestly, a lot of these game mechanics look like they were made by someone who can't handle the fact people make mistakes.

----------

And then I read that there would be no citizen.

Okay, so this is kind of like where EA buys out a game studio and then releases progressively worse sequels year after year.
    target it for the lowest common denominator to gain the widest appeal

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    target it for the lowest common denominator to gain the widest appeal
    Actually, this makes me think of Activision.

Take a great game like CoD 2, and then kill it with yearly releases of the rehashed shit.

Anyone with half a brain will find this appalling to play without citizens. These features are also extremely casual.

15. ISO #65

Actually, this makes me think of Activision.

Take a great game like CoD 2, and then kill it with yearly releases of the rehashed shit.

Anyone with half a brain will find this appalling to play without citizens. These features are also extremely casual.
    activision should be charged with crimes against humanity. they run every IP into the ground, until all thats left is a bitter taste in gamers mouths. see: tony hawk, guitar hero, call of duty

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!!

I always said that whoever will make a standalone mafia game, like SC2 mafia, will become highly successful (if done well obviously).

Some say that "Hey, that's just EpicMafia". No, it is not, and if you can't tell the difference, then you suck.

I love that you used the suggestion of houses that everyone walks back into during the night.

The intro video on kickstarter is overall good, but I would suggest you say a little bit more about roles. Give some examples and maybe mention Doctor, Sherif and a Killer, and what they do. Not much is said about how players gather information and share it to determine who is the killer. Not much is said about lying, which is a big part of the core game.

Also, sorry but your voice sounds a little bit...sleepy/bored. Find some friend with a nice sales/energetic voice, and have them voice it.

I think this would help your cause a lot.

And oh, the villagers in the gameplay walk so slowly....

I donated immediately, and is sooo looking forward to this game
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 25th, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

27. ISO #77

Some feedback to the game:

The style is a bit too childish for me. I would have preferred a more mature 1920 Godfather movie style.
    It feels a bit weird with "mafias" in a dwarf fairytale village ;)

I fear this game, if open, would be very easy to troll/abuse. I hope they will consider some kind of matchmaking system (ELO?).
    Maybe to avoid players joining games with friends, in order to cheat, I suggest that one game mode matches you with random players, and skips the setup/lobby phase all together. You start a game with choosing your name, and never see the other players names until after the game.

EpicMafia has some nice features I hope this game will have too. Like being able to quote another player.

I hope you can play it with normal mail signup, or sign in using Facebook/Twitter/etc.

If this game is done well, it will be hugely successful. I suggest looking at how League of Legends manages Player Reports, and how they let the community help decide if a crime was committed or not. Obviously this would require a replay feature, and be a very comprehensive implementation.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out:
    https://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/faq/

I hope the game get's a ranking system and awesome point system that rewards good play.

I miss the cult...
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 25th, 2013 at 03:38 AM.

28. ISO #78

Confirmed worst game ever. I see DarkRev contributed by adding all the Pay2Play benefits. Except no one is going to pay for this.

To the developer - Do not add these keepers as moderators. You want a stand alone game, not a overmoderated nazi pos game. Add a report function and that's it. If a player gets a certain amount of reports they get a temp ban from the server. Also, make it so you can choose or leave a lobby. I don't want ten of my smurfs in the same lobby when I can grief multiple lobbys at same time.

I think this is going to die. If u paid money for this, HAHAHAHA. Seriously go donate to charity, don't give money to developers who are privileged mommas boys just trying to score an extra few bucks off u.

29. ISO #79

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Eskimo View Post
    Add a report function and that's it. If a player gets a certain amount of reports they get a temp ban from the server.
    Not sure if serious.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

30. ISO #80

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    If this game is done well, it will be hugely successful. I suggest looking at how League of Legends manages Player Reports, and how they let the community help decide if a crime was committed or not. Obviously this would require a replay feature, and be a very comprehensive implementation.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out:
    https://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/faq/
    You're fucking deranged if you think the Tribunal works well

31. ISO #81

Quote Originally Posted by Lazers View Post
    I agree with this statement.
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

32. ISO #82

Confirmed worst game ever. I see DarkRev contributed by adding all the Pay2Play benefits. Except no one is going to pay for this.

To the developer - Do not add these keepers as moderators. You want a stand alone game, not a overmoderated nazi pos game. Add a report function and that's it. If a player gets a certain amount of reports they get a temp ban from the server. Also, make it so you can choose or leave a lobby. I don't want ten of my smurfs in the same lobby when I can grief multiple lobbys at same time.

I think this is going to die. If u paid money for this, HAHAHAHA. Seriously go donate to charity, don't give money to developers who are privileged mommas boys just trying to score an extra few bucks off u.
    seriously. you ppl donate money, not invest but DONATE, to a crap developer who cant even come up with an original idea, who just takes someone elses idea, shoehorns it into a setting that makes no sense, then dumbs it down so it gains mass appeal?

if you dont want to donate to the needy, the poor, whatever, at least donate to an independent developer who has an ORIGINAL idea.

33. ISO #83

Quote Originally Posted by Lazers View Post
    Oh yeah that's right, Riot (and now Valve)'s concept of a community aided support system is a dumb idea...or is it you that's dumb? I'll let others decide.

Btw, I hope TownOfSalem will succeed. It was about time someone made a browser based version of -Mafia-.

Those that think EpicMafia is just that, probably also can't tell the difference between a horse and a donkey.
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 25th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

34. ISO #84

Oh yeah that's right, Riot (and now Valve)'s concept of a community aided support system is a dumb idea...or is it you that's dumb? I'll let others decide.

Btw, I hope TownOfSalem will succeed. It was about time someone made a browser based version of -Mafia-.

Those that think EpicMafia is just that, probably also can't tell the difference between a horse and a donkey.
    Those that think that EpicMafia isn't a "proper" browser-based Mafia game have ADHD and can't focus on things that don't have flashy graphics.

35. ISO #85
    Darkbouncer4689

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    Is is possible for Town of Salem to support more than 15 players in the future?
    Yes it could support more than 15 players.

36. ISO #86

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Those that think that EpicMafia isn't a "proper" browser-based Mafia game have ADHD and can't focus on things that don't have flashy graphics.
    Nobody ever suggested that EpicMafia isn't a proper mafia game. How could you say such thing?
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 25th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

37. ISO #87

It was about time someone made a browser based version of -Mafia-.

I always said that whoever will make a standalone mafia game
    Some say that "Hey, that's just EpicMafia". No, it is not, and if you can't tell the difference, then you suck.
    Yes you did.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; May 25th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

Guys this has a lot of work before it is going to be on the same level as epicmaifa.
    even with work, it wont be on teh same level. the only way to make it good is to flat out cut and paste epic mafia into salem village setting and even then it wont be on the same level, it will feel out of place

40. ISO #90
    Darkbouncer4689

It was more along the lines of I got tired of playing games where Vigilantes and Jailors would just shoot and execute random people every night. However if this ends up being a feature no one likes it can be removed. A lot of this is an experimental phase to see what people like and don't like.

41. ISO #91

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbouncer4689 View Post
    It was more along the lines of I got tired of playing games where Vigilantes and Jailors would just shoot and execute random people every night. However if this ends up being a feature no one likes it can be removed. A lot of this is an experimental phase to see what people like and don't like.
    if you dont liek the fact that people make mistakes, maybe you shouldnt be playing?

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

The vomiting sound of the lynch victim is pretty original though.

10/10
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Point to where I'm wrong please.
    You are pathetic. Next time you argue with someone you don't like: At least be a man and quote the thins you claim they say, instead of making stuff up.

I said:
    It was about time someone made a browser based version of -Mafia-.

If you think that's the same as claiming EpicMafia is a horrible game, then your english skills are even worse than mine, and I'm not even american.

And your lame attempts afterwards are pathetic excuses to stir up a heated debate. Why? I hope your not in a position to monitor a forum, with that way of yours...

not agreeing with him= you're wrong apparently

dunno why he would wanna play this game tho SINCE HE CANT HACK THE BANK FILE
    I'm as much of a hacker as you are a dwarf dragon flying around jupiter. Butthurt kid who doesn't know how the game works, think leaving a game is a crime.
    Sending replays of me playing normally, and claiming Im a hacker because you can't understand how one can get 0 losses without magic. Absolutely retarded.

I knew this hobby would make someone confused, but never expected anyone would be so dumb to get seriously butt hurt, about it, that they would dedicate all their time, trying to get me locked down. If you don't know how the game works, just ask like everyone else, and I'v explained it numerous times what I did in-game.

Oh, and thanks for trying to move this thread off topic. Well done.
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 26th, 2013 at 01:21 AM.

48. ISO #98

You are pathetic. Next time you argue with someone you don't like: At least be a man and quote the thins you claim they say, instead of making stuff up.

I said:

If you think that's the same as claiming EpicMafia is a horrible game, then your english skill are even worse than mine, and I'm not even american.

And your lame attempts afterwards are pathetic excuses to stir up a heated debate. Why? I hope your not in a position to monitor a forum, with that mentality of yours...

I'm as much of a hacker as you are a dwarf dragon flying around jupiter. Butthurt kid who doesn't know how the game works, think leaving a game is a crime.
    Sending replays of me playing normally, and claiming Im a hacker because you can't understand how one can get 0 losses without magic. Absolutely retarded.

I knew this hobby would make someone confused, but never expected anyone would be so dumb to get seriously butt hurt, about it, that they would dedicate all their time, getting me locked down. If you don't know how the game works, just ask like everyone else, and I'v explained it numerous times.

Oh, and thanks for trying to move this thread off topic. Well done.
    i understand perfectly well how the game works. im obviously not a donor, i dont have the badge. you obviously dont know how the forum works.

fact: your other acct is point banned for point hacking and giving yourself donor achievements, and your new one will be point banned soon. no one believes your bs story about your brother or any of your other excuses.

49. ISO #99

i understand perfectly well how the game works. im obviously not a donor, i dont have the badge. you obviously dont know how the forum works.

fact: your other acct is point banned for point hacking and giving yourself donor achievements, and your new one will be point banned soon. no one believes your bs story about your brother or any of your other excuses.
    Atm I got 12341 points, 283 wins and 0 losses, and it took ages to get. Ages. Everyone who played with me know how much I played to get it.

I think nobody buys your bullshit. If anyone should be banned, it would be you.
    My account is 1-S2-1-4307282, and I never ever cheated/skyped/gamethrew/hacked/whatever you wan't me accused of.
    And no I'm not a donor either.

Everyone that played with me and know me online, knows that if I'm banned, then it's because admins didn't like that I avoided Losses and butt hurt kids like you got it their way.

50. ISO #100

Atm I got 12341 points, 283 wins and 0 losses, and it took ages to get. Everyone who played with me know how much I played to get it.

I think nobody buys your bullshit. If anyone should be banned, it would be you.
    My account is 1-S2-1-4307282, and I never ever cheated/skyped/gamethrew/hacked/whatever you wan't me accused of.
    And no I'm not a donor either.

Everyone that played with me and know me online, knows that if I'm banned, then it's because admins didn't like that I avoided Losses and butt hurt kids like you got it their way.
    You left every single game you were about to lose. You are not a man. You are pathetic. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA