Public Vote: Forum Store Proposal
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you support a forum store being added?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I'd buy from it if prices were reasonable

10 38.46%
  • Yes, but I wouldn't buy anything

11 42.31%
  • No

5 19.23%
  1. ISO #1

Public Vote: Forum Store Proposal

So there was an idea of adding a store for the forum, where you could buy small things on the forum for real money. We'll either allow you to buy an item directly, or buy a certain amount of "credits" which can be spent on items. If we go with the credits idea, they'll be transferable between users and perhaps be good for other things in the future (some ideas are betting on FMs, FM prizes, etc). Some key points about this:
    • We will never add items that will affect other users, such as ban times or name changes
    • I have agreed with Rev that profits will be split 50/50 between us, at least initially
    • I won't be removing any features for this. Any items that will be purchasable are things that aren't implemented currently
    • At least initially, items will be cosmetic only and won't add any new functionality to the forum. I may add such things later if I can come up with any, however I will never give out mod powers or anything that would be unfair to others (e.g. anything that gives you an advantage in FM)
    • I'm going to try to be reasonable, but where it applies, we won't allow any changes that would let you impersonate someone else, or cause confusion, as well as anything that would be inappropriate
    • Integration with donations is possible, but not something we're actively considering yet

Some store items that have been proposed and that I've thought of include:
    • Changing your name (applies to all previous posts as well)
    • Custom name colour, including two-tone and gradient/multicolored (you can't use any colour that is too similar to another rank)
    • Custom user title
    • Glowing name (and perhaps other cool name effects if possible)
    • Custom background on name
    • Having an image in place of your username in posts

Of course, I'll add more to that list as I think of things. Anyway, I wanted to put this idea up to a vote, because what use is it if nobody will use it? Go ahead and pick an option, and post any comments or questions you have.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Public Vote: Forum Store Proposal

Would Birthday Cards be something that acceptable? Like I want to buy a Birthday Card for other users on their birthday?

And yes I would use it and buy stuff if implemented.

EDIT: We don't usually get to vote on stuff like this. Are staff divided on this issue?
    Last edited by TimeTrx; May 18th, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTrx View Post
    Would Birthday Cards be something that acceptable? Like I want to buy a Birthday Card for other users on their birthday?

And yes I would use it and buy stuff if implemented.

EDIT: We don't usually get to vote on stuff like this. Are staff divided on this issue?
    I don't understand the point of a birthday card. Why not just send it to them yourself?

Also, I always put things that I'm not sure will be well-received by the users up to a vote. Staff is more or less okay with this.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I don't understand the point of a birthday card. Why not just send it to them yourself?

Also, I always put things that I'm not sure will be well-received by the users up to a vote. Staff is more or less okay with this.
    I am not an admin. Its more prestigious if a Gentlemen like you or Raptor sends them one.

Could you like buy a round of Mafia with the staff and/or DR, time permitting?

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I think name changes would be something a few members would buy.
    I also think a large quantity of people would buy glowing names.
    I just don't really like how confusing random colors/images (and possibly even backgrounds) on a large quantity of users would be.
    its only the user name. it wouldnt do much overall. now if it made their box diffrent then it would be a problem as far as i see it glowing names wouldnt do much

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    its only the user name. it wouldnt do much overall. now if it made their box diffrent then it would be a problem as far as i see it glowing names wouldnt do much
    yea, i don't mind glowing.

but if there are 20 different colors, and then a bunch of people are using images as their username, I worry things would just look like shit.

16. ISO #16

but if there are 20 different colors, and then a bunch of people are using images as their username, I worry things would just look like shit.
    well opps can limit what the colors are to basics. but i think if we had 20 diffrent colors it would be lolz

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    well opps can limit what the colors are to basics. but i think if we had 20 diffrent colors it would be lolz
    Basically think of how in-game names look when you get the ability to use Unicode, basically create your own custom coloured name. That is what oops is saying.

Crypt, I 100% understand. I have thought about the same thing, however I looked around on other sites for examples. The sites do great off of them. They have everything automated: coffee mugs, t-shirts, even donations; and it makes the community a better, friendlier place. Crypt go to another site that has it and check it out; and tell me want you think about it.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTrx View Post
    Basically think of how in-game names look when you get the ability to use Unicode, basically create your own custom coloured name. That is what oops is saying.

Crypt, I 100% understand. I have thought about the same thing, however I looked around on other sites for examples. The sites do great off of them. They have everything automated: coffee mugs, t-shirts, even donations; and it makes the community a better, friendlier place. Crypt go to another site that has it and check it out; and tell me want you think about it.
    there was already a site for the mugs and stuff someone posted it somewhere

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Why is it necessary?
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

22. ISO #22

I think there should be a set list of colors to choose from, if this is approved.
    And would we have to pay for user titles as donors? or would we be grandfathered in?
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I won't be removing any features for this. Any items that will be purchasable are things that aren't implemented currently
    This includes any usergroup permissions anyone already has.

To make it clearer, nobody will lose anything from this.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; May 18th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by suicidaln00b View Post
    MAXIMUM OVERJEW ENGAGED
    Keep in mind that I've basically set up and maintained the site for free, which is a job that can easily cost up to $50/hour. Donations and ad money go entirely to rev, and it'd be nice to earn something back for my time investment.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    I'd imagine admins would, but considering how much time the rest donate to the site they'd probably get some kind of deal. No promises, just speculation at this point.
    Ok, I just want to make sure you have enough and are content with the badges you already have.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

1. More/editable descriptions besides Join Date, Location and Posts.
    2. Animated avatar
    3. Special fonts and formatting for name and post
    4. Personal theme song somewhere in description, playable when clicked instead of youtube in signature.
    5. Special badges page (something like scout badges; normally for winning FMs, GC), can pay to award custom badges to friends or for your S-FM!
    Last edited by Nick; June 29th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38