Add a forum store
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Add a forum store

My suggestion is to have a forum based store that allows you to purchase items. I have been on other forum stores that have it. It is a great way to make money for DR and have fun in the process. Best part is users can screw around with each other for fun but users can't screw around with staff, but staff can screw around with regular users. I know there is a plugin for VBulletin for it so there would be very little work for Oops to do.

Some of the items I have seen on other sites:

-Socks
    -Name Change
    -Birthday Card From an Admin
    -Change your name colour
    -Change another User's Name
    -1 Prevent Temp Ban
    -12 Hour Temp Ban*
    -24 Hour Temp Ban*
    -Buy the website ($1000000000000000000)

All funds are in USD.

*Requires Admin approval, doesn't work on Forum Leaders

Anyway this is just a few examples of things you can find on the store plugin.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Add a forum store

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    is this to buy a temp ban on other people? that's kinda annoying for people playing games dont you think?
    Its only a suggestion of a shop I saw on another site. This was just a suggestion of the kind of things that could be added. I mean it would help DR. Plus depending on if you allow people to add their own items to the store, you essentially bring back the forum auction house, with less work as its all automated so no more DR handling payments, he just gets the % for buying items off the site.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    A mafia app for smartphones would be terrible. The game relies on typing, and typing on smartphones is not fun at all.
    This. Smartphones suck Period. Games on Smartphones suck even more, Double Period.

what if it could be done with siri, or w/e, by speaking?
    Not all phones have siri (which is one of the most over hyped "features" for phones, it sucks btw) and even if they didn't most people don't pay for long distance. >.>
    Last edited by TimeTrx; May 17th, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

-The bans would need exceptions for FM play
    -Temp ban prevention would have to be limited in some way
    -I'd be cool with selling name colors (As long as they could not resemble official colors)
    -Birthday Cards would be cool
    -I don't think we have the userbase to sustain an actual merchandise store
    -Name changes would be cool, once again they could not resemble other user's names though. (None of that l and I bullshit)
    -Changing other people's names seems sketchy.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

I would like to buy point ban pardons ^^
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    -The bans would need exceptions for FM play
    -Temp ban prevention would have to be limited in some way
    -I'd be cool with selling name colors (As long as they could not resemble official colors)
    -Birthday Cards would be cool
    -I don't think we have the userbase to sustain an actual merchandise store
    -Name changes would be cool, once again they could not resemble other user's names though. (None of that l and I bullshit)
    -Changing other people's names seems sketchy.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Let me go into more detail.

Store Page:

Real Life Items (Fill it with the items that redirect to https://www.cafepress.com/councilofmages )
    Forum Benefits
    Auction House

Example of items in each Category:

Real Life Items
    All the stuff from the store: t-shirt, iphone case, thong, etc.

Forum Benefits

-Personal Name Change* (Change your name (for a small fee of course ), does not work on another accounts)
    -Personal Birthday Card From an Admin (Buy yourself a Birthday card from a random Admin) (Note: Card is only sent on your Birthday)
    -Buy a friend a Birthday Card From an Admin (Buy a friend a Birthday card from a random Admin) (Note: Card is only sent on your Birthday)
    -Birthday Party Hat (Free on your birthday, $1 if you miss it) (Collect 1 of 4 Party Hats each year on your Birthday) (Adds one of the party hat Badge to your profile: Raptor's Dino Hat, Oops's Red Star Hat, DR's Mafia Hat or Slaol's No Fat Chicks Hat, Randomly) (Limited to buy 1 a year, becomes available again on your Birthday)
    -Buy a custom Signature (Someone (staff), makes you a custom signature with your name in it)
    -Buy a super custom Signature (Someone (staff), makes you a custom signature with your name in it and you get to choose what you want in it (rules permitting))
    -Change another User's Signature (Changes another users signature, forums rules apply to this)
    -Change another User's Title (Changes another users description, forums rules apply to this)
    -Buy a In-House Mafia Game** (Buy a In-House Mafia Game with only the staff and you) (Limit 1 per person)
    -Buy a In-House Custom Game*** (Buy a In-House Starcraft 2 Custom Game with only the staff and you) (Limit 1 per person)
    -24 Hour Chatbox Block (Block the Chatbox of another user account) (Limit 1 per person)
    -1 Prevent Temp Ban (Limited to 1 per person) (Acts to prevent block, user who used the Temp Ban, loses it)
    -12 Hour Temp Ban* (Ban a user for 12 hours) (Limit 1 per person at a time)
    -24 Hour Temp Ban* (Ban a user for 24 hours) (Limit 1 per person at a time)
    -Buy the website ($1000000000000000000, joke item)
    -etc. etc.

Auction House

If allowed.* Users can post things to sell, requires staff approval to put items up in shop, subject to forum rules.
    DR gets whatever percent (%) of total cost. DR and SC2Mafia are not responsible for items or shipping, etc.

*Requires Admin approval to use, but not buy.
    **Requires Advance notice, you don't get to pick the staff, time dependent.
    ***Requires Advance notice, staff picks game, time dependent.

Make the game for the Windows Store?
    No, no one wants it. Its a waste and the games on phones suck. If you pay for games on a phone your a fool and the ads make the games annoying. Besides, you can play epicmafia.com on mobile for free, go play that.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

the other ideas seem ok, but I don't like the idea of altering another user's shit. Like seems like it could turn into a bad situation quickly.
    Hence why name change for another user is in there. Any staff member can already modify the User Titles and Signatures and you as the account holder can change them back for free in settings if they get changed. I understand where your coming from but its not a permanent thing like a name change where you'd have top buy it to change it back, and why forum rules apply to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    What is the exact number of features that I have?
    Stay on topic.

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTrx View Post
    Hence why name change for another user is in there. Any staff member can already modify the User Titles and Signatures and you as the account holder can change them back for free in settings if they get changed. I understand where your coming from but its not a permanent thing like a name change where you'd have top buy it to change it back, and why forum rules apply to it.

Stay on topic.
    Only admins can change a user's settings and stuff. It's a specific permission in the ACP.

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

yeha, but i think people would enjoy a sense of security in their own account.

i<3cryptonic

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

yeha, but i think people would enjoy a sense of security in their own account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    admins can change a user's settings and stuff.
    ^. Raptor at any time could change it. For example: he could change mine from Timelord to Bank File Retard.

With bunny. Banning other people or changing their info in anyway is a definite no-no. I will leave the site if anything like that ever happens, especially in a monetized way.
    This is all a suggestion of stuff you could include if you put a store on.
    Last edited by TimeTrx; May 18th, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Any personal attack results in infractions, you know that, why would this be any different? Are you suggesting that a store and its items can't have rules?
    No, im suggesting that if I changed crypts name every single day that would become a personal attack but not technically offending him. I'm with Creed, I probably wouldnt take part in a site that changed people's names or banned anyone.

i<3cryptonic

36. ISO #36

A mafia app for smartphones would be terrible. The game relies on typing, and typing on smartphones is not fun at all.
    99 percent of the posts i make on the entire forum come from my phone. Its easy comfortable and convenient. Not eveyone in the world are computer gamers. Some people like to play diverse games like me, i play on xbox, pc, smartphones and all of that stuffs.

You can just make an very basic app and sell it for a dollar. Usually you get 10,000 downloads if it doesnt get that popular. More than 100,000 if it get that popular.

Its easy 10,000.

Its obvious most of the pc gamers dont play anywhere but pc. But not everyone is just pc gamer.
    I would buy mafia app for ten dollars
    Last edited by powerofdeath; May 18th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

37. ISO #37

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    99 percent of the posts i make on the entire forum come from my phone. Its easy comfortable and convenient. Not eveyone in the world are computer gamers. Some people like to play diverse games like me, i play on xbox, pc, smartphones and all of that stuffs.

You can just make an very basic app and sell it for a dollar. Usually you get 10,000 downloads if it doesnt get that popular. More than 100,000 if it get that popular.

Its easy 10,000.

Its obvious most of the pc gamers dont play anywhere but pc. But not everyone is just pc gamer.
    I would buy mafia app for ten dollars
    Please stay on topic.

No, im suggesting that if I changed crypts name every single day that would become a personal attack but not technically offending him. I'm with Creed, I probably wouldnt take part in a site that changed people's names or banned anyone.
    Was just a suggestion that won't make it in anyway. Allowing yourself a name change is fine but changing others names is not, I wasn't very clear about that I thought you were arguing about changing sigs. Oops said no to temp bans but everything else he is still considering, so everything you have come forward about is not making it in if Oops does implement it.

This whole store idea and the items dont seem attractive. But whateva. If HC wants it why not.
    The store, like everything else on the site (wiki, forums, chatbox, donate, etc) is optional you don't to buy anything or even use it.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    what POD is talking about is technacly on topic.
    No it isn't on topic, this is about adding something to the site. Not creating a stand-alone game. So, I said, please stay on topic. I'm only asking, I not chopping off his arm when he replys off-topic.

but rap already made the final ruling on this and it was no. why do we comtiune?
    As far as I know no ruling was made, and its Oops' decision not Raptor's. As Oops controls all things regarding the technical aspect site.

40. ISO #40

No it isn't on topic, this is about adding something to the site. Not creating a stand-alone game. So, I said, please stay on topic. I'm only asking, I not chopping off his arm when he replys off-topic.

As far as I know no ruling was made, and its Oops' decision not Raptor's. As Oops controls all things regarding the technical aspect site.
    but it is relevent to the topic at hand is what im saying

plus when opps isnt around rap is pretty much the decision maker. do you really think opps will support something like this?

41. ISO #41

Nope and now your starting to going off-topic. So, please stay on-topic.

plus when opps isnt around rap is pretty much the decision maker. do you really think opps will support something like this?
    Have you read the entire discussion topic? Or are you just trying to state your opinion because you should at least read the topic before posting something that may already be posted because oops said he will think about it.

42. ISO #42

Nope and now your starting to going off-topic. So, please stay on-topic.

Have you read the entire discussion topic? Or are you just trying to state your opinion because you should at least read the topic before posting something that may already be posted because oops said he will think about it.
    im still on topic its just another thing that could implemented. your just annoyed that he thought of it.

as per opps. you notice that many ppl are kinda aginst it for some reasons. imgain someone wanting to change their name every day. if they change it does it go for EVERY post they ever made? or is it just futre if its just next posts then its gonna create mass confusion. really POD has a good idea and is something that could be used. imagin an app that has the store in it as well. so it is relevent to the topic at hand. you should just quit tring to say everything is off topic

43. ISO #43

I already said no to the idea of banning people for money. I'll put up paying for stuff like coloured names and changing your name to a vote.

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

I already said no to the idea of banning people for money. I'll put up paying for stuff like coloured names and changing your name to a vote.
    I fully understand and agree. Those were suggestions people have clearly stated no banning or changing others names as it can be abused. I fully understand I literally took most of them from another site including those and I know its a good idea because that site has only 45 people on it max and they make almost $20,000 a year on forum transaction. I only did this because: 1) Adds a little something to the community and gets the community an identity and 2) DR is hurting for cash so why not help him out?

im still on topic its just another thing that could implemented.
    Trust me there have been other times people have suggested it. DR said its not worth it because of all the other stuff thats out there for free. e.g. epicmafia and he does not have the time to do anything if he wanted to. Like epicmafia is free and works on a phone.

your just annoyed that he thought of it.
    No i'm not annoyed that he thought of it. I'm annoyed that I have to reply to you about this when you have not read the entire topic. I am repeating myself when I reply to you if you checked.

49. ISO #49

No i'm not annoyed that he thought of it. I'm annoyed that I have to reply to you about this when you have not read the entire topic. I am repeating myself when I reply to you if you checked.
    well you never even have to respond in the first place. you could always just ignore it you know. just becasue you are the OP or the one suggested it doesnt mean you have to comment on every single thing