5 Centimeters per Second
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

5 Centimeters per Second

Anyone who watched it? I just did.

For the people who haven't, here is the ending song with beautiful scenes if anyone cares.

Possibly spoilers for people who still want to watch it, be warned.

Anyway, to the people who watched it:

What do you think is the mindset of the protagonist at the end, what are his feelings? What does the laugh at the end suggest? I'd like to hear your interpretations (because I think that it's possible to interpret the movie in different ways, though not too wildly).

Bonus questions: How would you cope with regret on such a scale? Could you imagine yourself in his position?
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: 5 Centimeters per Second

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    I know, I know..
    I think at the end he has the mindset that he is feeling guilt and the regret of making a bad choice and that if he could do it over he would he seems to reflect on all the good times he has had. I dont hear the laughter at the end though

as for how to cope with it, its tough, i always made choices that i have regreted. but at the same time looking back and having more understanding about some of the choices that i did and once regretted, i think they happened for a reason and that the choices we make shape us. even if we regret it it shapes who we are, how we think, what we do, the fact that he regreted it shows that he still cares for her and could of came to an understanding as he gotten older. it seems like thye broke up in teir teen years so the problem is that he might of not known better.

what do you think?

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Re: 5 Centimeters per Second

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    I think at the end he has the mindset that he is feeling guilt and the regret of making a bad choice and that if he could do it over he would he seems to reflect on all the good times he has had. I dont hear the laughter at the end though

as for how to cope with it, its tough, i always made choices that i have regreted. but at the same time looking back and having more understanding about some of the choices that i did and once regretted, i think they happened for a reason and that the choices we make shape us. even if we regret it it shapes who we are, how we think, what we do, the fact that he regreted it shows that he still cares for her and could of came to an understanding as he gotten older. it seems like thye broke up in teir teen years so the problem is that he might of not known better.

what do you think?
    It seems to me that you may have misunderstood my post in regards to the video; the video is just a compilation of scenes with the ending song, it is not the full movie. The full movie is available on Youtube with English subs however, so if you like anime or the style then it's worth a shot, only 60 minutes long.

The laughter at the end is seen in the movie, the scene is shown earlier but incomplete, at the end it is shown again and the protagonist chuckles a bit after which the movie ends.
    I would tell you what happens, but it's not the same if I just retell the experience, you gotta see it for yourself. I do however appreciate the effort to participate.

As for your second part of the post, good answer. To me, my regrets are eating me up sometimes and I just suppress them, I guess that would be the way most "cope" with regrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.