No-Abstain Option
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

No-Abstain Option

I have heard from somewhere that in Epic Mafia/Forum Mafia, there is a rule that disallow abstaining in trials, where if you abstain you get some sort of mod-kill (Lightning strike). I would really love to use this setup in inhouses. My reasons:

1. This makes evil roles votes smartly, rather than just abstaining and giving themselves away.
    2. This forces neutrals to vote. Basically preventing them from blocking lynches and forcing them to choose their sides.
    3. Forces indecisive towns to vote, many towns tend not to vote in case of an Executioner/Jester suspect, and more importantly not voting on a potential town which ends up being guiltied by mafia and neutrals.

Remember that this is only an option, and only allowed if the host decide to do so.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: No-Abstain Option

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    There should be a button [ABSTAIN] it forces people to click on it if they really want to abstain instead of people not doing anything or being afk
    Not voting can have some kind of penalties
    This way, when people actually abstain, players can question them, like why did they abstain on obvious mafia?

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Why not change Marshall so he forces everyone to vote instead of multiple lynches in a day?
    And if I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on...
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FMXV: Jester: Win/MVP SFM-Borderlands: Witch: Win M-FM Blazer's Experiment: Subject 8, Sheriff/Infected (Lose) M-FM Nasty Rumors/Treasure Town: Skuntank, Blackmailer (Lose)

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    and what happens if someone afks for a day, or people don't know that they "have to vote" if they don't see the can not abstain option is enabled.
    It's supposed to be an inhouse option, host will notify the players. And it's intended to punish afkers.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post
    It's supposed to be an inhouse option, host will notify the players. And it's intended to punish afkers.
    AFKing can sometimes be a legit strat. A few months ago I won a solo witch win by going afk.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

I have heard from somewhere that in Epic Mafia/Forum Mafia, there is a rule that disallow abstaining in trials, where if you abstain you get some sort of mod-kill (Lightning strike). I would really love to use this setup in inhouses. My reasons:
    You mean vegetable if no action?(vote), in epic mafia there is vote none which mean abstain. TBH i think there shouldn't be abstain or learn ppl to lynch abstainers. Town mostly let mafia lynch town cose they abstain or random lynch.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRON View Post
    You mean vegetable if no action?(vote), in epic mafia there is vote none which mean abstain. TBH i think there shouldn't be abstain or learn ppl to lynch abstainers. Town mostly let mafia lynch town cose they abstain or random lynch.
    think you are confusing Lynch votes and Trial votes

lasted i checked EpicMafia doesn't have trials at all

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    think you are confusing Lynch votes and Trial votes

lasted i checked EpicMafia doesn't have trials at all
    Epic mafia don't have trials.
    Epic mafia players in statistic use brain more often and their abstain lynch only if they are sure in SC2 Mafia PPL mostly abstain cose they don't rly want to think about guilty/innocent and i think trial shouldn't end before all vote(And maybe suicide players if they don't vote 5 sec after trial time end). Seems MrMostache have same opinion.

13. ISO #13

Abstain should always be allowed, I know many people want to pretend scums.

I rather have a new role that can manipulate abstainers for more abusing purpose :P
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

14. ISO #14

1. This makes evil roles votes smartly, rather than just abstaining and giving themselves away.
    2. This forces neutrals to vote. Basically preventing them from blocking lynches and forcing them to choose their sides.
    3. Forces indecisive towns to vote, many towns tend not to vote in case of an Executioner/Jester suspect, and more importantly not voting on a potential town which ends up being guiltied by mafia and neutrals.

Remember that this is only an option, and only allowed if the host decide to do so.
    That's Forum Mafia. Entirely different.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    *afk for 2 minutes*
    *comeback dead*
    dafuq
    this^

but yeah... maybe the punishment could be something like:
    takes only 25% lynch votes to get you on the stand the next day
    as in a NPC or something votes on your so that you have half the needed vote on you already when voting start

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

19. ISO #19

Ok, except this would not be possible, if you don't vote what happens? It would look a lot more suspicious if you vote inno or guilty (depending on the situation), by being afk for a second.

Abstaining is good for not looking suspicious, if a lot of people vote, vote with what you expect the majority to be.
    Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

I don't like this idea. Pretending to be AFK is a great strategy in some instances. Sometimes I even go as far as using "Save sucks AFK" as my name or similar things. Most people will buy it; over 80% of the time that I pretend being AFK and I'm town/neutral, I survive until the last days. When I'm mafia it usually ends with me winning without saying a single word during the game.

Auto innocent is just as bad, since taking a look at those who vote inno is a good way to get leads, no matter if the lynched one was town or scum.

Also, what that guy said about AFKing for 2 minutes. There's real life, you know. Sometimes I get a phone call and I only come back to set my night action, then get back to the phone and check the log the next night. Getting punished for having a life outside of a game is plain idiotic.

If you reall want to punish AFK players, there are better ways to do it, like checking if someone with night actions enabled who survived over N nights never used his night actions. Especially invest roles, since you can't punish a killing role for not random killing.

Or simply check if some player did nothing at all during the whole game and add a count to the save file. Then add it to kick list after he does so over N games. Don't know. The thing is that punishing for not voting is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Edit: And the killing blow: What about jesters? No abstain? So everyone risks dead or auto innocents the jester?
    There.
    Last edited by Sen; May 19th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.