Jailor and kidnapper meet each other at night -- to execute another poor guy.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Cool Jailor and kidnapper meet each other at night -- to execute another poor guy.

So basically I am a doctor, and I just got executed by both kidnapper and jailor.

I do not think it is appropriate for RP reason. --mechanically reasonable anyway.

It is understandable that two jailors or two kidnapper co-jailed same target,

but kidnapper and jailor together?..why would they work together...

Well, of course it is not a big problem.

p.s.
    ---please throw this poor brat a few rep coins because some people really periodically - my rep for none reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    no 2 jailors should, the kidnapper/jailor doesnt exactly make sense in one way, but i could make it make sense (and i will momentraily)

but for 2 town jailors its simple they both go to the same jail cell witht same person. for kidnapper the kidnapper if jailed with a jailor he could be wearing a disguise that looks like a town jailor and enters the same cell.

reall in the end they could just be taken to a location and that each jailor has a special card that allows them to talk with that person but they cant see other towns/kidnapper due to it being so dark

I guess we have to make it make sense momentarily then.

There is a jail cell that everyone love to use.

If I am mafia I definitely gonna use some abandoned storage or somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    or just "capture"?

back to topic... the reason for the "bug" can simply be explained like this:

you are in a jailcell... with a Camera, Microphone and a Speaker... the Jailor/Kidnapper simply sit at home and do it all remotely... the execution could also just be done remotely somehow...

that way both Jailors and/or Kidnappers can have the same person in the cell and still be shocked when they find out they aren't the only one watching...

then the only question is... how does the person get into the cell? but who cares about that?

that is best version so far...
    Last edited by louiswill; April 11th, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Jailor and kidnapper meet each other at night -- to execute another poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    I said this like 500x from when the kidnapper was first suggested to when it was implemented.
    Like I guess many people will just be like "That's their own stupid fault for being ignorant" but it's not good game design for your game elements to be obfuscating like that when they aren't explicitly explained.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Re: Jailor and kidnapper meet each other at night -- to execute another poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Yeah, it's intentionally identical. I'll add some clarification to the Kidnapper's role card though.
    Oh, I realize and that it's intentionally identical and think it should be that way. My beef is that it specifically says that a "Jailor" has imprisoned you, which leads many to believe that the text is different since it mentions a specific role and not the other. I feel like it wasn't your intention to confuse people in that way, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    Honestly I think it should be impossible to tell the difference, that way you can't trust the jailor so readily.
    This is why I kinda like Kidnapper. It gives people who are jailed a reason not to reveal to a Jailor. Mafia can be like "I don't trust you, you're probably Kidnapper."
    Last edited by Bergtau; April 9th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    That's the point. For them to remain identical,.specifically like the jailor
    If replying to me, I mean that it saying specifically that a Jailor has jailed you now that there are two roles that have identical functions is very misleading. It should say "You have been imprisoned by a Jailor or Kidnapper" or something such as that to clarify that it could be either one. Currently we have many people thinking that there is a difference.

11. ISO #11

I was saying that why jailor and kidnapper co-jail same target? Wouldn't they tear each other apart if they saw each other?

I was executed by both at same night. MAfia think I am real doctor and Town think I am faked....How...dramatic...

IT told me I was

Executed by jailor
    Executed by Kidnapper

So i basically split myself in half,
    one half was killed by jailor in prison
    another was killed by kidnapper in mafia base?
    Last edited by louiswill; April 9th, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Oh, I realize and that it's intentionally identical and think it should be that way. My beef is that it specifically says that a "Jailor" has imprisoned you, which leads many to believe that the text is different since it mentions a specific role and not the other. I feel like it wasn't your intention to confuse people in that way, though.

This is why I kinda like Kidnapper. It gives people who are jailed a reason not to reveal to a Jailor. Mafia can be like "I don't trust you, you're probably Kidnapper."
    I totaly agree to this. We should rename the Jailor part into.... a "Failor" has imprisoned you! Case closed. you can lock the thread now!
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    I totaly agree to this. We should rename the Jailor part into.... a "Failor" has imprisoned you! Case closed. you can lock the thread now!
    I think everyone just ignored what I said.

14. ISO #14

Huh? No one ignores you! Seriously we read what you wrote and we really don't know why they executed you when you claimed doc. "shrugs"
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

15. ISO #15

I was fine that they executed me, I was asking how could kidnapper and jailor work together.

I think jailor or kidnapper should be tell that their target was taken before they can grab, if the opposite faction took action first.

The thing is that this idea make kidnapper able to kidnap their own mafia member to protect them from jailor.

I think i will start a new thread later..
    Last edited by louiswill; April 9th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    I was fine that they executed me, I was asking how could kidnapper and jailor work together.

I think jailor or kidnapper should be tell that their target was taken before they can grab, if the opposite faction took action first.

The thing is that this idea make kidnapper able to kidnap their own mafia member to protect them from jailor.

I think i will start a new thread later..
    the people who make this game should read this post again. this would be ridiculously awesome. it doesn't actually make sense that you can be in two separate jail cells. also it would be crazy if kidnapper coudl save maf from jailor by hitting them firstl.

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Riogho View Post
    the people who make this game should read this post again. this would be ridiculously awesome. it doesn't actually make sense that you can be in two separate jail cells. also it would be crazy if kidnapper coudl save maf from jailor by hitting them firstl.

2 jailors can jail the same person.
    buthow2sharecell!?!?!?

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Riogho View Post
    yes 2 jailors shouldnt be able to jail the same person. it should be whoever jails the person first.
    no 2 jailors should, the kidnapper/jailor doesnt exactly make sense in one way, but i could make it make sense (and i will momentraily)

but for 2 town jailors its simple they both go to the same jail cell witht same person. for kidnapper the kidnapper if jailed with a jailor he could be wearing a disguise that looks like a town jailor and enters the same cell.

reall in the end they could just be taken to a location and that each jailor has a special card that allows them to talk with that person but they cant see other towns/kidnapper due to it being so dark

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

They should probably change the text where it doesn't say "Jailor" when it's potentiallya kidnapper. Instead, something like cell guard or such....and when it comes to the message of being dragged away, simply say "someone" did it, not a jailor has.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

or just "capture"?

you are in a jailcell... with a Camera, Microphone and a Speaker... the Jailor/Kidnapper simply sit at home and do it all remotely... the execution could also just be done remotely somehow...

that way both Jailors and/or Kidnappers can have the same person in the cell and still be shocked when they find out they aren't the only one watching...

then the only question is... how does the person get into the cell? but who cares about that?

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    or just "capture"?

The person walked into cell remotely of course....

I mean he was brain washed and psychologically controlled and was planted a signal receiver by the cell room builder who died before the mafia game begin.

...sort...like that...