Mafia specific day promotion
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Mafia specific day promotion

my suggestion is for some of us to log on all at the same time and join other popular game lobbys and talk about mafia, how great it is, promote it, and then leave that game and rejoin another room and again, promote mafia.

we do this for one day, we assign 1 or 2 people to each specific arcade game and they just lobby hop all day, or for as long as they can and talk about mafia and its greatness.

we would do this for say, the top 10 games? because they have the most players, and we just want to steal their players.

also, i would suggest that a bunch of us, (no more than 4, per game of mafia) in each room, and we also spam playing mafia all day as well.

the overall purpose is to get more players!!!

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Mafia specific day promotion

Quote Originally Posted by FYRE View Post
    i dont know whats more offensive, that the OP is considered a senior member and im not, or that his rep power is 0 and he's being such a kissass

its because i prefer to post about the game, i always have an opinion, and i make sure to state it, unfortunatley im on the oposite side of the majority, so i get neg reped to hell for being "stupid"

i stay out of threads that simply dont matter, or have no influence on the game whatsoever. the threads that i view as important and meaningful are most often in mafia discussion, so i will always get a +1 post.

right now, i see mafia at the bottom of the list, and im asking why is that. lets see what we can do about it. and lets do it

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I generally against Air-push, advertisement this and that sort of...

anyway, Mafia doesn't deserve any advertisement yet because it is non-profit and not a seriously interest of players.(maybe someday Mafia will be like DOTA~~ who knows? there are always some company wants to try the idea, I give it a buy.)

If a game is commercialized, it is much easier to spread.

plus, if you join and quit....unpredictable result will happens...because people dislike quitters.

For example, mass media is effective as we all know, but overtime people will be sick of it and beware of it.

They will become more and more skeptical and cynical.

I.E. Promotion for communism. Communism may not be that bad idea but it is overly abused in all issues and it is now a trashcan.

For long term concern, I disapprove this brilliant idea --- I know it would work, but I am against it for unwanted possible side effects.

also,
    People are smart enough to see those ID keep talking about same thing,

If they against you they will call your name like me.

Or as worse as Necro, Zoroe

People today would yell to kill me when I am in game, like, always.

This idea is chaotic good enough, but it is also a proven wrong path in history.

@ FYRE My rep is below 0, mind give me a hand?
    Last edited by louiswill; April 6th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

8. ISO #8

I would have to say that some form of advertisement should be considered 'legit'. How else does one get more players to....play..?

This method is most likely time consuming and annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Last I checked, Mafia was still #11-12, which it has been for... how many months now?

I don't see the problem; Mafia is still as popular as ever and games instantly fill for me.

We don't need to go mass advertise in other people's games for other customs.
    It's just plain rude.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FMs: XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI
    MFMs: XIII, XIV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII
    SFMs: Too many.
    SFM Night 1 Death Percentage: 72%
    Hosted: SFM 89, SFM 118

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Azuriae View Post
    Last I checked, Mafia was still #11-12, which it has been for... how many months now?

I don't see the problem; Mafia is still as popular as ever and games instantly fill for me.

We don't need to go mass advertise in other people's games for other customs.
    It's just plain rude.

and yesterday the game dropd to #17 for a time. im trying to ensure that never happens again, and if possible raise it up a few.

12. ISO #12

basically, the position thing need to be more secure.

However, I doubt we have anyone professional enough to do that.

for example, we need let economists to manage marco economy.

For a game, I think some sales strategy person need to tell us if the position dropping is a problem or not.

I agree the position dropping thing make me nervous, but I can not tell if it is time to time or some.

Your method is very harmful in long term, I hope it is just an overreact like Azuriae said,

but it might be worse, lets hope the new role thing will make it better for now?
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

13. ISO #13

how about we make more temporary events?

like for holidays or just random stuff.

for DR's birthday he gave out double points. maybe for each holiday we add a new role specific to the holiday, easter it would be easter bunny, halloween would be zombie, christmas santa clause.

these new roles would be temporary and only last for a week at most. they would be highly unique and again, temporary. just something to spice up the game to draw attention to the game during certain times, give the game a title as "most updated game of sc2 arcade"

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    how about we make more temporary events?

like for holidays or just random stuff.

for DR's birthday he gave out double points. maybe for each holiday we add a new role specific to the holiday, easter it would be easter bunny, halloween would be zombie, christmas santa clause.

these new roles would be temporary and only last for a week at most. they would be highly unique and again, temporary. just something to spice up the game to draw attention to the game during certain times, give the game a title as "most updated game of sc2 arcade"
    I asked in R&D, they said this require hella a lot of effort in coding.

Do you remember the DR's choice every week?

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...p/17510-Events

DR choice every week was a preset up every week or some,

DR back to that time try to make all random setup which is extremely unpopular today in U.S realm.

I personally feel pity of it.

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...p/17510-Events

DR choice every week was a preset up every week or some,

DR back to that time try to make all random setup which is extremely unpopular today in U.S realm.

I personally feel pity of it.
    i dont have access to R&D. i cant follow that link. if its just a preset up with already existing roles, that doesnt really attract any new players, just for the lazy players without saves to just click on so they can start the match.

presaves on the left are totaly side are totaly useless, there would need to be something "different" about it in order for anyone to feel attracted to it over something they made themselves.

18. ISO #18

Ok this is the copy paste of what I said in R&D:

Quote Originally Posted by Louiswill
    I remember old days DR will put some variations called DR's Save or something.

Recently, there are many new roles suggestions.

Those new roles are often inspiring and refreshing.

However,
    Those new roles are sometimes too narrow to be put in public save.

Before we discards those ideas,

I suggest we discuss some evens instead,

We can presetup a balance game with unique role to attract people during holidays.

for example,

We can make a "zombie" setup with Medium, cursed, shadow during Halloween;

We can put Surgeon and Med Student at World Cancer Day;

We can make a setup with gas station attendant, engineer, International at Firefighters Day

Name mayor "the president" in president day just for entertaining;

etc.

I think it will be fun, but it may increase the works...(coding etc.)

Since we have so many brilliant people,

we can pre-discuss a balanced setup in forum and throw it to play for couple days.

This can decrease the pressure of suggestions and complaints.
    They liked the idea but it is too much to code.

IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO DONATE!! just cost you one tiny burger from burgerking.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

so in otherwords the people with the power just dont care enough to see mafia rise and prosper.

and im not going to pay for something that should be free to all - an opinion
    You cant expect everyone put a lot effort in things that doesn't provide direct profits.

When people do, they go work for red cross or other more important organizations.

Thats why you better donate if you cared more than they do.

thinking the new roles get 300$ for that much works.

You can never blame people for not doing enough. I think it is the same to you and me.

Would you devote your time or money or other resources in some thing that not primary goal of your life?

21. ISO #21

You cant expect everyone put a lot effort in things that doesn't provide direct profits.

When people do, they go work for red cross or other more important organizations.

Thats why you better donate if you cared more than they do.

thinking the new roles get 300$ for that much works.

You can never blame people for not doing enough. I think it is the same to you and me.

Would you devote your time or money or other resources in some thing that not primary goal of your life?

when i make anything, i consider it a piece of artwork, and i obsess over my art, i make it as good as it can possibly be until it is finished, in which case it wouldnt matter what anyone else thought of it, because its my artwork.

i could understand if DR is just busy, or has more important things to do. but there "should" be a desire to "finish" this piece of art, reguardless of how long it would take him. and if it were done little by little over a longer period of time it would be better than doing nothing at all.

22. ISO #22

when i make anything, i consider it a piece of artwork, and i obsess over my art, i make it as good as it can possibly be until it is finished, in which case it wouldnt matter what anyone else thought of it, because its my artwork.

i could understand if DR is just busy, or has more important things to do. but there "should" be a desire to "finish" this piece of art, reguardless of how long it would take him. and if it were done little by little over a longer period of time it would be better than doing nothing at all.
    Hope you someday have your own kids and you will spend at least 8 hours per day till they are 40 years old.

The ideology is fine, but you also need to see how much the effort is.

So far I heard Dr has a lot more to do in his life than just mafia.

His career just started and it is the best chance a person can have once per life before you are 30 some and getting tired of the scummy world.

I really want to go have a friday night Magic cards game in the club, but I only went there once in the two years.----

Art work, is the closest thing to immorality.

Tell me what art work you have accomplished so far and how much time you have spend on it. Lets compare it with mafia.

23. ISO #23

Hope you someday have your own kids and you will spend at least 8 hours per day till they are 40 years old.

The ideology is fine, but you also need to see how much the effort is.

So far I heard Dr has a lot more to do in his life than just mafia.

His career just started and it is the best chance a person can have once per life before you are 30 some and getting tired of the scummy world.

I really want to go have a friday night Magic cards game in the club, but I only went there once in the two years.----

Art work, is the closest thing to immorality.

Tell me what art work you have accomplished so far and how much time you have spend on it. Lets compare it with mafia.
    i do plenty of "real" art, painting sculpting, 3d stuffs, its pretty crappy, but hey, i like it. i also do photography, w/ a darkroom and film. no digital stuff.

ive also tried my hand at programing before, it functioned, but im not sure of its relevence https://pastebin.com/Y6qJJqq3

24. ISO #24

See! that is the thing.

When you finish a paint,

you leave it alone because it is finished and perfect.

To DR, he was just trying to make a classic mafia into Sc2.

That is why everyone want to keep citizen as it is, and so and so.

Today's mafia is an add on service to its original work.

People like me will say it is crappy. However, to DR or the other members, it is already a finished work.

The service never has an end and standard. The mafia today probably doesn't even have a direction.

If you are good at coding, why not give them a hand and be the one who changes the world?

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

See! that is the thing.

When you finish a paint,

you leave it alone because it is finished and perfect.

To DR, he was just trying to make a classic mafia into Sc2.

That is why everyone want to keep citizen as it is, and so and so.

Today's mafia is an add on service to its original work.

People like me will say it is crappy. However, to DR or the other members, it is already a finished work.

The service never has an end and standard. The mafia today probably doesn't even have a direction.

If you are good at coding, why not give them a hand and be the one who changes the world?
    because the sc2 editor is completley different than a typing in a blank spot.

27. ISO #27

In all honesty, I believe a program is an ever evolving thing. To last it needs to change with the times, artwork or not. If popularity is falling, there is something wrong because it is not keeping everyone's interest, meaning something needs to change.

Now the program also needs to go with the goal of the maker: What borders may it cross? Just how long do you want this to last? Do you have a stopping point? How much does your audience's opinions matter?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    In all honesty, I believe a program is an ever evolving thing. To last it needs to change with the times, artwork or not. If popularity is falling, there is something wrong because it is not keeping everyone's interest, meaning something needs to change.

Now the program also needs to go with the goal of the maker: What borders may it cross? Just how long do you want this to last? Do you have a stopping point? How much does your audience's opinions matter?
    Exactly, there is no solid standard to satisfied.

Before people may say citizens and classic are good enough, now days people ask for more than that.

Before people think sheriff is OP, now the same role facing so many challenges from other roles.

The change is also different from an simple add-on,

1+1 = 2 but witch + busdriver = nightmare to some people.

Keep people interested is hard. It is solid business without profit.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Adding roles is hard and removing roles is harder. If I add it, it should be something permanent.

Also, I'm in college. Adding roles is time-consuming work.
    take your time, no rush, just let us know what goes on in that gigantic brain of yours every once in a while. us common folk need to know the future of mafia.