NK Detection - "First Attempt" Option
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

NK Detection - "First Attempt" Option

Allow the host to check or uncheck the "First Attempt" option.

FIRST ATTEMPT:
    Serial Killers comes up NS to the sheriff until they perform their first attempt at a kill. After that, sheriff detects.
    Mass Murderers come up NS to the sheriff, and "has guns" (jail/vig/maf) to invest, until they perform their first spree. After that, sheriff detects, and invest sees the true vet/mm message.
    Arsonists come up as NS to the sheriff, and "loner" to invest, if they have performed fewer than 3 dousings and have not burned anyone.
    Once Arsonist performs their 3rd douse or 1st burn, sheriff detects and arson sees "has gas."
    If the sheriff checks the NK on the same night that the NK performs their first kill attempt, first spree attempt, or 3rd dousing, then the sheriff DOES detect the NK, and invest sees the normal message.

Purpose of the Option:
    1. To give the SK and MM a viable alternative strategy of hiding, and then waiting until later in the game before killing.
    2. To give the ARS, the weakest of the NKs, a little extra advantage. Personally, I like to turn off sheriff being able to detect ARS in my saves. (But sheriff detecting SK and MM stays on, though my saves typically allow the MM to spree every night, even after a multi-kill)
    Last edited by LegalizeStim; March 25th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: NK Detection - "First Attempt" Option

Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeStim View Post
    Allow the host to check or uncheck the "First Attempt" option.

FIRST ATTEMPT:
    Serial Killers comes up NS to the sheriff until they perform their first attempt at a kill. After that, sheriff detects.
    Mass Murderers come up NS to the sheriff, and "has guns" (jail/vig/maf) to invest, until they perform their first spree. After that, sheriff detects, and invest sees the true vet/mm message.
    Arsonists come up as NS to the sheriff until they burn any doused. After that, sheriff detects.
    Arsonists come up as "loner" (surv/witch/amn) to invest if they performed fewer than 3 dousings. Once they douse their third person, invest sees "has gas." (Doused targets dying do not subtract from this number)
    If the sheriff checks the NK on the same night that the NK performs their first kill attempt (SK attack, MM spree, ARS burn), then the sheriff DOES detect the NK.

Purpose of the Option:
    1. To give the SK and MM a viable alternative strategy of hiding, and then waiting until later in the game before killing.
    2. To give the ARS, the weakest of the NKs, a little extra advantage. Personally, I like to turn off sheriff being able to detect ARS in my saves. (But sheriff detecting SK and MM stays on, though my saves typically allow the MM to spree every night, even after a multi-kill)
    Suggest a role that does this.
    I did that once.
    Convict- hears a Jailors night chat, and is immune to night death and detection until release. (Gets released when Jailor dies). Then he becomes a killing role.

Giving SK immunity to detection like this would work about the same, but giving it to Arson means he can just douse and prepare without fear.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    "Arsonist comes up as NS to Sheriff until they burn any doused"

nein
    I thought about it more and changed the suggestion to where sheriff and invest see arson once arson performs their 3rd douse or 1st burn.
    Last edited by LegalizeStim; March 25th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Suggest a role that does this.
    I did that once.
    Convict- hears a Jailors night chat, and is immune to night death and detection until release. (Gets released when Jailor dies). Then he becomes a killing role.

Giving SK immunity to detection like this would work about the same, but giving it to Arson means he can just douse and prepare without fear.
    See above. I thought about it more and changed the suggestion to where sheriff and invest see arson once arson performs their 3rd douse. (Doused targets dying doesn't affect this)

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7