M-FM: Cops & Robbers - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: M-FM: Cops & Robbers

shal i pm slaol? he has informed me he had some ral life things that kept him busy over the weekend. but i do have a copy of the roles so if nessacray i can also try to anwer the questions or what needs to be cleaned up but i have to go i will be back in a few hours and see if i can help get this approved any faster if possible

3. ISO #53

It's not just answering questions that needs doing, what needs to be done is writing rolecards and cleaning up the information inside the spoiler tags in the original post, so that it's clear for readers how the setup works.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    It's not just answering questions that needs doing, what needs to be done is writing rolecards and cleaning up the information inside the spoiler tags in the original post, so that it's clear for readers how the setup works.
    It will be done tonight. Weekend got busy.

5. ISO #55

Cleanup of roles not in the setup anymore is done (I think), role cards for exotic roles coming tonight. Am planning on making a role card for all of my roles, but I will skip to them for obvious reasons. They will be in my 'Slaol's S-FM Stuff thread, which will be linked to 'for more details on your roles' in both setups, signups, and the game thread.

6. ISO #56

Could you copy-paste the more exotic ones in here specifically?

I'm a fan of having most of the critical information in one thread. I remember one FM where we had to sort through 3 different threads to find answers to questions, and it was not very user friendly ;)
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

7. ISO #57

I'm a fan of having most of the critical information in one thread. I remember one FM where we had to sort through 3 different threads to find answers to questions, and it was not very user friendly ;)
    Mkay. Will do that as well.

8. ISO #58

plus, role attributes can change from game to game, and you may forget to change what a role can do (like how many charges). or even having rolecard on that page for roles that aren't actually in the game might confuse players.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

9. ISO #59

Exotic Roles

Spoiler : Roles :

Role Name: Marshall
    Alignment: Town, Town Core
    Game Size(s): M-FM, FM
    Abilities: Send the host a PM during the day to 'Reveal' and confirm yourself as the Marshall and allow for multiple lynches in a day.
    Win Condition: Win with Town, and possibly Benign.
    One Sentence Summary: The other Mayor.
    Additional Notes: There is no limit to multiple lynches in a day. However, lynches do stop if a lynching is used on a Town. Multiple Lynches may happen each day that the Marshall is alive until they run into a Mislynch. Then they will end day and come back the next day to the ability to multi-lynch again

Role Name: Journalist
    Alignment: Town, Town Investigative
    Game Size(s): S-FM, M-FM, FM
    Abilities: Select a player during the day. Interview that player at night. They will write a Last Will style message that will be anonymously shown the next day.
    One Sentence Summary: Investigator done right.

Role Name: Blacksmith
    Alignment: Town, Town Killing
    Abilities: Arm a player with a gun at night. They may shoot it the next night. Gun kills of scum award the Blacksmith and the shooter and Auto-Use Vest.
    Win Conditions: Win with Town, and possibly Benign.
    One Sentence Summary: Vigilante done right.

Role Name: Jailor
    Alignment: Town, Town Killing
    Abilities: Select a target during day. Jail the target at night if there was no lynch that day. This removes them from their night chat. You may interrogate them, communicate with them, and execute them. Being in Jail is a hard role block and a perfect protect.
    One Sentence Summary: Trial: take two.

Role Name: Nurse
    Alignment: Town, Town Support
    Abilities: Inject a player with adrenaline, giving their night power a buff the next night.
    One Sentence Summary: Buffs, and stuff.

Role Name: Spy
    Alignment: Town, Town Specialty
    Abilities: Spy on the Mafia night targets. You will see everyone the Mafia has selected to visit before redirection comes into play.
    One Sentence Summary: Hacking Mafia stuff

Role Name: Snitch
    Abilities: Upon death; by non-town killing, or a lynch, reveal the hidden Mafia and Evil roles in the roles list.
    One Sentence Summary: Town's Jester.

Role Name: Crier
    Abilities: Submit a message at night (or day) that will be anonymosuly revealed to the players the next morning.
    Win Condition: Win with Town, and possibly Benign
    One Sentence Summary: Anonymous voice.

Role Name: Bruiser
    Alignment: Mafia, Mafia Power
    Abilities: 'Fight' a target at night, removing all night immunities from them permanently. Or us a 1-time, 'Guarantee' that the Mafia kill is successful. Disregard busing, healing, redirection, jailing, etc.
    Win Condition: Win with Mafia, and possible Evil Support, Evil Town, and Benign.
    One Sentence Summary: Mafia's Anti-Power-Role Role.

Role Name: Thief
    Alignment: Mafia, Mafia Power
    Abilities: Rob a player at night, stealing something from them. Or use a stolen item.
    Win Condition: Win with Mafia, and possibly Evil Support, Evil Town, and Benign.
    One Sentence Summary: Steals powers from the living.

Role Name: Arms Dealer
    Alignment: Mafia, Mafia Deception
    Abilities: Arm the Mafia with weapons such that their next death description will appear as a Serial Killer, Vigilante, Veteran, Arsonist, etc.. May only change the death description if not sent for the factional kill.
    Win Condition: Win with Mafia, and possibly Evil Support, Evil Town, and Benign.
    One Sentence Summary: Changes death descriptions and such.

Role Name: Joker
    Alignment: Evil, Evil Power
    Abilities: Mark a player at night. Then next day an announcement will be made anonymously. In the announcement will be the Joker's demands, and the marked player. If the marked player is not lynched in 2 days the Joker kills 2 people.
    Win Conditions: Win with Evil Support, Evil Majority, possibly Benign and other Jokers.
    One Sentence Summary: Lynch, or die.

Role Name: Magician
    Alignment: Evil, Evil Support
    Abilities: Place a magic box around a target. Those that select to target the person in the box will instead reverse and effect themselves. Those that select to target the Magician will instead effect the person in the box. The person in the box is un-effected by misdirection.
    Win Condition: Win with Evil Support, Evil Town, Benign, and either Mafia or Evil Power.
    One Sentence Summary: Weird 1-way Bus Driver and stuff

Role Name: Prisoner
    Alignment: Evil, Evil Town
    Abilities: 1 time Lookout style watch on self. And winning ties against Citizen
    Win Condition: Win with Evil Support, Evil Town, Benign, and either Mafia or Evil Power
    One Sentence Summary: Evil Citizen

Role Name: Lawyer
    Alignment: Benign, Benign Seeker
    Abilities: Read a player's last will.
    Win Condition: Keep his target from being lynched during the day. If his target is night killed he must survive until the end of the game.
    One Sentence Summary: Anti-Executioner.

Role Name: Student
    Alignment: Benign, Benign Power
    Abilities: Select a permanent master during the day, and listen to his teachings in a night chat at night. You take on his role and win condition when he dies.
    Win Condition: Take your master's win condition and see it fulfilled.
    One Sentence Summary: A 2nd chance at a key role+.

Role Name: Infestor
    Alignment: Benign, Benign Power
    Abilities: Infest a player within the first 3 nights. You will see the types of roles (Framer/Magician/Sheriff, etc) that visit your host, and be able to speak 1-way to your host at all time- during day, if jailed.
    Win Condition: Win with your host.
    One Sentence Summary: OP anyone.
    Additional Notes: If he selects a target on the first night he may take any host. If he selects a target on the second night he will fail unless he takes Town, Police, or Benign. If he waits until the 3rd night he may take any host again but his target will be randomized. If by some chance he manages to fail to take a host by the 3rd night he will die and lose.
    Last edited by Slaol; March 26th, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

10. ISO #60

I've given it a brief look, but can't list all of my questions because I need to hit the hay.

Many of the exotic rolecards still aren't in order, because the when, the how and the what of abilities remain unclear in many cases.

I'd recommend removing Intended Purpose, Meta-game Implications and Possible Cons from the rolecards in your setup thread because those are meant for other hosts to understand how a role can impact their game, which isn't relevant to your players (they should be able to figure that out by themselves).

I'd like to see more in-depth descriptions of ability mechanics instead. Read through your rolecards once more and see if you can find where more clarity could help.

Example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall
    Reveal during the day to allow for multi-lynches.
    Someone who reads this will not know what exactly it does and how it works (myself included). You should clarify that he should send a PM to the host to reveal during the day, and then what the exact effect of that reveal is. If there's a limit to the number of lynches, if the ability to multi-lynch persists as long as the Marshall is alive or if it's only for one day.

This role may also not function properly if you use the vote tag system because of automatically locked day threads.

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

I'll list my questions now that I'm here. Please hurry with answering, we're on a very tight schedule to fit in the MFM before the start of the next FM.

The roles need to be cleared up before I go to sleep tonight (in about 11 hours from now), else we'll delay your submission for the next poll.

13. ISO #63

make sure to mention that jailor and journalist PM their targets to you during the day in the rolecards!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmith
    Abilities: Arm a player with a gun at night. They may shoot it the next night. Gun kills of scum award the Blacksmith and the shooter and Auto-Use Vest.

May the recipient of the gun only use it the next night, or whatever night they want?

"Gun kills of scum" could be misinterpreted as gun kills made by scum. Rephrase: "If a gun kills someone not in the town/cops, the Blacksmith and the shooter receive an Auto-Use Vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Crier
    Abilities: Make an anonymous announcement at the beginning of the day.

When is this announcement submitted?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser
    Abilities: Fight a target at night, removing all night immunities from them. Or, 1 time, guarantee the Mafia kill is successful. Disregard busing, healing, redirection, jailing, etc.
    Are night immunities removed permanently or just for that night? Must the bruiser be the one who performs the night kill for it to work, or is it a separate action?

Is the 'one time use' a special action that the bruiser can submit? Does it have a name to make it easier for them to clarify to you that's what they want to do? Does this special action ALSO disregard immunities? Again, is the bruiser required to be sent for the kill when they use this, or must someone else perform the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Arms Dealer
    Arm the Mafia acting out the factional kill with weapons to appear to be a different kill.
    Slightly vague. Rephrase "Perform the mafia night kill and make the target's death description look like it was killed by another role."

Quote Originally Posted by Joker
    Mark a player at night. Then next day an announcement will be made anonymously. In the announcement will be the Joker's demands, and the marked player. If the marked player is not lynched in 2 days the Joker kills 2 people.

What demands? Can the joker write a message to appear, or does it just give a standard message saying "X must be lynched in 2 days, or else 2 players will die."

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner
    Abilities: 1 time self watch, and wins ties against Citizen.

What is this 1 time use "self watch?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyer
    Win Condition: Keep his target from being lynched during the day. If his target is night killed he must survive until the end of the game.

This conflicts with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Win Conditions
    o Lawyer
    • See your target survive every day

It's either one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestor
    Abilities: Infest a player within the first 3 nights. You will see the types of roles (Framer/Magician/Sheriff, etc) that visit your host, and be able to speak 1-way to your host at all times.

Can he talk to his host even if he's in jail? Please mention explicitly that he can also talk privately to his host during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestor
    Additional Notes: If he selects a target on the first night he may take any host. If he selects a target on the second night he will fail unless he takes Town or Benign.

Can he take a Cop host as well on night 2?

Please put the 2 confirmed citizens under "Town." The prisoner under "evil." And remove the label "Civilians" in the roles list. Civilians is not a faction.
    Last edited by BorkBot; March 26th, 2013 at 10:00 AM.

14. ISO #64

make sure to mention that jailor and journalist PM their targets to you during the day in the rolecards!

Done

May the recipient of the gun only use it the next night, or whatever night they want?

Yes. Clarified

"Gun kills of scum" could be misinterpreted as gun kills made by scum. Rephrase: "If a gun kills someone not in the town/cops, the Blacksmith and the shooter receive an Auto-Use Vest.

Done

When is this announcement submitted?

During day or night, but it is clarified that it will be announced the next morning. Night actions may be taken during the day (they just get less time to select if they stick to them :P)

Are night immunities removed permanently or just for that night? Must the bruiser be the one who performs the night kill for it to work, or is it a separate action?

Yes. Permanent removal of a role's night immunities. Vests, jailing, healing are NOT removed. It is a separate action The night kill is one action, the 'Fight' is a second.

Is the 'one time use' a special action that the bruiser can submit? Does it have a name to make it easier for them to clarify to you that's what they want to do? Does this special action ALSO disregard immunities? Again, is the bruiser required to be sent for the kill when they use this, or must someone else perform the kill.

Yes. The 1-time 'Guarantee' is a special action. It bypasses all things that could interfere with the night kill, immunities, role blocking, bussing, jail. It is his first ability but more powerful. If the 'Guarantee' is used the Bruiser MUST be sent for the night kill.

(am thinking, I might make the 'Guarantee' not bypass immunity but bypass everything else, since his first ability removes immunity. Thoughts?)

Slightly vague. Rephrase "Perform the mafia night kill and make the target's death description look like it was killed by another role."

I would rephrase that way but that is incorrect. The Arms Dealer CAN NOT be sent for the factional kill, and change the death description in the same night. He is an assist to the kill like a Janitor. Clarification has been made in the role card.

What demands? Can the joker write a message to appear, or does it just give a standard message saying "X must be lynched in 2 days, or else 2 players will die."

Yes. Joker may write a Journalist/Crier/Last Will style message to appear each morning. However he must include a demand for a lynch of a target.

What is this 1 time use "self watch?"

1-time Lookout type watch on self. Yea, that was unclear as heck. lol

This conflicts with:

It's either one or the other.

Fixed. Edited based on a suggestion I saw in Gerik's Democracy, and forgot about.

Can he talk to his host even if he's in jail? Please mention explicitly that he can also talk privately to his host during the day.

Yes. Done.

Can he take a Cop host as well on night 2?

Yes. Clarified.

Please put the 2 confirmed citizens under "Town." The prisoner under "evil." And remove the label "Civilians" in the roles list. Civilians is not a faction.
    >:/ fine. The questionable Citizens/Prisoners will go where?

15. ISO #65

You can leave the questionable citizens/prisoners at the bottom.

Still need some clarification on Marshall rolecard (as I put in the example)
    Reveal during the day to confirm yourself as the Marshall and allow for multiple lynches in a day.
    Someone who reads this will not know what exactly it does and how it works (myself included). You should clarify that he should send a PM to the host to reveal during the day, and then what the exact effect of that reveal is. If there's a limit to the number of lynches, if the ability to multi-lynch persists as long as the Marshall is alive or if it's only for one day.

This role may also not function properly if you use the vote tag system because of automatically locked day threads.

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

If there's a limit to the number of lynches, if the ability to multi-lynch persists as long as the Marshall is alive or if it's only for one day.

^

Crucial information to know how the role works...

18. ISO #68

If there's a limit to the number of lynches, if the ability to multi-lynch persists as long as the Marshall is alive or if it's only for one day.

^

Crucial information to know how the role works...
    No limit. As many as can happen in a day. However, mislynches stop the multiple lynch for the day. Multiple lynches are possible each day as long as a Marshall is alive, unless they run into a mislynch that day. Going in 'Additional notes'