S-FM Jester King
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM Jester King

What do you do when the Jesters are taking over?

DISCLAIMER: i dunno how to do much bb coding so if a mod/admin wants to help me with it I'm more then happy but this is a very rough making of it (the alignments and stuff that is)

Rules:
    English only
    No editing posts.
    No outside communication of the game.
    jester king and jesters can leave notes to ppl when they annoy
    lynching player will not show lw
    RP will may or may not give hints

Mechanics:
    Jester King must be sent to do the "Jestering"
    51% need to lynch
    24hr day and 24hr night
    Jester King shares nights with the jesters
    Actions must be sent 1 hr before day start
    When become jester you are informed of jester king and current jesters
    Doc can stop "jesterfication"
    Inactivity will result in replacement and then modkill (deemed by host)
    Lynching a regular Jester will cause voter to die (via pm from lynched jester)
    If regular jester dies due to lynch sk can not kill that night

lw/annoy notes mechanic
    if anyone dies to greif over jester, jester can make lw about reason why they greifed over jester
    lynching players will not show lw
    apoun death all notes that jesters have given them will be displaed (lynch or greif)
    notes may be read out loud by players at any time
    they may also lie about what it says

role list:
    Jester King
    Sheriff
    Doctor
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Serial Killer

Roles:

Jester King
    You are the King of Jesters your goal is to drive the town to insanity
    Each night you may vist someone and annoy them turning them into jester
    If you visit the riff or doc you will be notified of their role
    You will be informed of failed Jesterfication
    limits to 3 jesterings (updated)
    visting the sheriff will cause his investigation to be flipped, can only be done once (King will be informed of sheriff change)
    you can annoy someone each night and can vist self for annoyance (has no affect)
    you may post notes each night to be published
    Immuned to greif death.
    one auto-vest
    must wait one night between sucessful convert

Jester
    You have been driven to insanity by the Jester King now you want to see his vision of Jesters come true
    You share night chat with the Jester King
    you can annoy someone each night self inclued (no affect)
    not immune to grief death

Sheriff
    You are hunting for the Jester King and his Jester followers.
    Each night you can check someone for insainty.
    Jesters and Jester King and SK show up anti-town.
    Town apprears town.
    If Jester King visits you you become insane sheriff and are not informed of change next nights results will be fliped, can only be done once

Insane Sheriff
    The jester king has found you and turned you insane but you are unaware of this change.
    the tonights and next nights results will be flipped
    Towns appear anti-town
    Jesters and Jester King and serial killer show town.

Doctor
    You are a skilled Doctor who has a degree in Jestology and Healing
    Each night you may chose a target to heal/stop from becoming jester
    you are informed of successful heals
    you are not informed of jester stops

jestered doc
    The Jester king has found you and taken you in
    same as doc but wins with jester king
    being lynched as jestered doc will cause one guilty voter to suicide

Citizen
    You are a person who want to see the Jester King and serial killer fall
    you have the power to vote and play the game

Serial Killer
    typical serial killer role
    kill each night
    shows insane/anti-town to riff
    wins alone
    immune to king convert
    can't die to greif
    in event jester is lynch you may not kill that night*

OoO:
    Greif/sk kill
    Doc heals/protects from jestering
    Jester King "Jesters"
    Jesters Annoy
    Sheriff checks

Win conditions:
    Jester King/Jesters: Drive the Town to insanity by gaining majority
    Town: Lynch the Jester king and sk
    Insane Jester: wins with Jester King

Questions
    answers

also i will do this after the main fm

faq
    does insane jester count towards the majoirty of jester king
    no, insane jester is a nutral although he can side with jester king
    Can Jester (or Jester King) die if they lynch another Jester?
    i was considering having the jester decide who dies to the greif for less randoming and more startagey play. it would be sad to see jester king grief over his followers as for insane jester if he doesnt know the identity of jester king i am consideing informing him of jester king if he was a non voter. however regular jesters can die to insain jester
    So, Jesters can be found the same night their converted?
    yes jesters can be found same night. thats what makes it so intresting its almost like jester king is a framer each night. so the stratagy for the riff is to what could be indirectly say who a jester is.
    And a Sheriff will become Insane Sheriff before his examination that night?
    it flips next night
    Last will?
    is allowed on case that you die, being lynch will not show it, greif death will show your lw as well as jester addon of why you decided to die

update log:
    minor changes to roles
    shrunk down to 8 players
    2/21/13 updates:
    dn and lw, jesters annoy ability
    vig is now riff, modded doc slighly
    riff insaintiy fixed
    2/23/13 update:
    tie vote mechanic
    2/25/13
    change voting mechanics to just 51%, added insane jester, probally a question answered, changed abilityies slighly, extended day to 36 hrs, More faq!
    2/27/13
    reconsidered the 36 hrs, resizing and freshening up
    3/11/13
    changed lw/annoy note mechanic, added annoy in OoO, updated rolecards and added insane riff
    3/13/13
    more fixing
    3/14/13
    APPROVED and final fixings (hopefully)
    Last edited by ika; August 8th, 2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: final fixings on balance

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Re: S-FM Jester King

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Vigilante should just claim Day 1 and then random shoot o_O
    limit vig shots maybe? nerf it to not invanurble?

A Jester Cult would be scary as hell to play against

I don't like how Town is punished very heavily for lynching the Culters (except King), but the idea of a Town vs Cult is cool
    wells kings goal is to drive town insane

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    This is what will happen.
    However same can happen for Doctor since, by mechanics, he is unconvertable.
    jesters king counter to the doc caliming day 1 is he goes out and kills him then

Should keep regular Jester win condition and change Jester King's ability to {Convert max of 3 Citizens to Jesters}
    so the jesters king weapon is to use his minions on mislynches? think he should start with one jester or none?

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    I don't really like how the game can end N1 because of the Vig killing the King.
    after looking further at this. what do you think if i add a nutral jester and allow vig to shoot n1? if king gets shot n1 the nutral jester becomes king?

the nutral jester can annoy someone each night and if nutral jester vists king both and king and jester are infromed of each other? however nutral jester wins by

a) being lynched or
    b) winning with jester king

if he is shot he loses. allow some fun

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I'd replace the vigi with a sheriff that can detect all jesters.
    but then that leaves us with the problem of how to deal with the jesters. because if riff says i found a jester day 3 it could be dentremental because lynching jesters and not jester king cause a suicide. i have to look into an idea on how to balence it though. any ideas?

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    but then that leaves us with the problem of how to deal with the jesters. because if riff says i found a jester day 3 it could be dentremental because lynching jesters and not jester king cause a suicide. i have to look into an idea on how to balence it though. any ideas?
    you should be able to find changes in gameplay and dialogue in order to find out who all became Jesters. As long as all town has to do it kill the Jester King, should be ok. but it's rly up to you.

17. ISO #17

you should be able to find changes in gameplay and dialogue in order to find out who all became Jesters. As long as all town has to do it kill the Jester King, should be ok. but it's rly up to you.
    i got an idea on how jester king could act when targeting sheriff instead of killing sheriff he becomes insaine sheriff but isnt informed of it. this is a work in progress but this imput is valuble to me becasue youve hosted so many im gonna figure out something

18. ISO #18

i got an idea on how jester king could act when targeting sheriff instead of killing sheriff he becomes insaine sheriff but isnt informed of it. this is a work in progress but this imput is valuble to me becasue youve hosted so many im gonna figure out something
    that's an interesting mechanic

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Insane sheriff would generate the opposite as the truth. So if someone was Jester, they'd show as normal. It should last for 1 day. Insanity can only be done by the King. --- Just an idea.
    intresting. i think i would make it more randomized how its lastings though. like 1-3 (dice role or random.org on how long it lasts) if its one night we will know that his next night actions will be accrate. but i need to make it that its one time and shouldn't activate a charge on it. i think if i took it to take off a charge it will make king a little too weak. will fix it to something like that

21. ISO #21

Tossing this out there as more of an idea than a suggestion, what about telling the doctor that the sheriff was messed up as an autopsy or a notice when it happens? Having the doctor claim the sheriff was messed up introduces another layer of wifom? Plus it might give the jester king an out?

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Tossing this out there as more of an idea than a suggestion, what about telling the doctor that the sheriff was messed up as an autopsy or a notice when it happens? Having the doctor claim the sheriff was messed up introduces another layer of wifom? Plus it might give the jester king an out?
    its intresting but then riff will know to use the reverse side of what he sees making the fact that hes insane useless. i will keep something like this in mind though if i start to host more and see if i could implemnt something like that. i will porbally have my fms revolve around jesters or nutrals most of the time. i like to have fun mechanics

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

alignment: nutral
    win condition: get lynched or wins with jester king if king dies and he wasnt lynched he loses
    ability: annoy someone each night leaving a note (no afffect)
    riff showings
    (this can be flip floped)
    normal riff: normal/town
    insaine riff: insaine/anti town
    if annoys jester king, king and insane jester are alerted of each other and vice versia for jester king
    jester king visiting insaine jester simpily informs him of insane jester

what makes him insane/diffrent: if he is lynched a non-voter will die (can be random or chosen by insaine jester)

what you think add, fix, change? its a role i might try to work into another if i dont put it here

plus this post is kinda a bump for borkbot to come and look at

IM ADDING IT
    Last edited by ika; February 25th, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

26. ISO #26

Should keep regular Jester win condition and change Jester King's ability to {Convert max of 3 Citizens to Jesters}
    looking back i could make this a secondary objective. their primary is see jester king win but a strong secondary can be is being lynched

A Jester Cult would be scary as hell to play against

I don't like how Town is punished very heavily for lynching the Culters (except King), but the idea of a Town vs Cult is cool
    that is where doc comes in. see if it 4 ppl to lynch and 4 ppl hammer a jester, the doc has 4 targets to chose from. now the trick becomes for doc is to either a) attempt to save a citizen fro greif, or b) stop the jester from converting again

27. ISO #27

Also:
    OoO
    Greif
    Jester King "Jesters"
    Sheriff checks

So, Jesters can be found the same night their converted? And a Sheriff will become Insane Sheriff before his examination that night?
    Also, how will you decide how many nights the Insanity lasts?

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

28. ISO #28

i was considering having the jester decide who dies to the greif for less randoming and more startagey play. it would be sad to see jester king grief over his followers as for insane jester if he doesnt know the identity of jester king i am consideing informing him of jester king if he was a non voter. however regular jesters can die to insain jester

Also:
    OoO
    Greif
    Jester King "Jesters"
    Sheriff checks

So, Jesters can be found the same night their converted?
    yes jesters can be found same night. thats what makes it so intresting its almost like jester king is a framer each night. so the stratagy for the riff is to what could be indirectly say who a jester is.

And a Sheriff will become Insane Sheriff before his examination that night?

as for insainty, im thinking that it will flip that same night. in the event that it is a one night insainty it will only be that night.

Also, how will you decide how many nights the Insanity lasts?
    it will either be done via dice roll (number/2 rounded up) or random.org (1-3)
    i was considering a 1 night wait for converting if there is mislynch on cit but not jester. or ot make it more complex, each night jester king turns someone into a jester for the following day. and person gets jester goal and isnt informed of jester king. but then i think it become too complex i could have that as a potental diffrent setup

note: will correct spelling later. on tight scedule at time of posting
    Last edited by ika; February 25th, 2013 at 12:02 PM.

29. ISO #29

jester king and jesters can leave notes to ppl when they annoy
    do they get a PM in the morning from host w/ the message? in your opinion, what is a way this mechanic will be utilized?

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

30. ISO #30

do they get a PM in the morning from host w/ the message? in your opinion, what is a way this mechanic will be utilized?
    yes. i think its more a just for fun thing. for me. i can make it that he just posts a public note as well. the tricky part of this mechanic is that they can annoy themselfs. and they dont have to annoy at all. its a just for fun thing. but it does leave some intresting play for ppl to play mind games. say well king can vist himself. and if someone fakes a note of someone. it can be intresting. me personally i would utalize it like joker even saying lynch x or i convert y. plus theres nothing saying you cant annoy the host ;)

31. ISO #31

yes. i think its more a just for fun thing. for me. i can make it that he just posts a public note as well. the tricky part of this mechanic is that they can annoy themselfs. and they dont have to annoy at all. its a just for fun thing. but it does leave some intresting play for ppl to play mind games. say well king can vist himself. and if someone fakes a note of someone. it can be intresting. me personally i would utalize it like joker even saying lynch x or i convert y. plus theres nothing saying you cant annoy the host ;)

That sounds like it'd work fine. In a game this size, I'm 99% sure this mechanic won't benefit either party, but that's no reason not to include it. I think it'd be better to have it so only the target gets the message from the Jester in the PM, or else it has a chance of giving away the # of Jesters, and a Jester can't fake being annoyed by another Jester lol (well, i guess they can lol).

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

Try to be patient. Once the main FM is closer to being finished, games will be approved again.
    No need to bump anymore unless you make a change to your OP and want opinions on.

34. ISO #34

Try to be patient. Once the main FM is closer to being finished, games will be approved again.
    No need to bump anymore unless you make a change to your OP and want opinions on.
    No need to bump ever. Borkbot gets to them when he gets to them. Bumping is like holding a dice with the 1 upwards before you roll it.

35. ISO #35

well i do want to ask this (and im gonna remove those bump post they are essensaly spm to me and i dislike having them there.

What you think about lw? have it or no? i was considering lw will only be shown by the doc due to king killing him and that lynching someone doesnt show a lw unless it jesters troll lw...

opinions on that i was just readin the disscusion on the fm wills so ill put it up in here.

what i could also do is have all players pm me in a secret vote on if they want lws or not

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Does Insane Jester come up as Insane to the Sheriff aswell?
    Is Jester King limited to 3 attempts, or 3 successful conversions?

39. ISO #39

Does Insane Jester come up as Insane to the Sheriff aswell?
    Is Jester King limited to 3 attempts, or 3 successful conversions?
    i am considering having it show flip affects when sheriff is insane for balance reasone or to make it more sense
    jester king is limited to 3 successful conversions
    also to clairfy, finding and killing doc will take a charge off for balance reasons
    converting riff to insane will not take a chrage off though

40. ISO #40

I mean:

Jesters and Jester King show up insane.

Does Insane Jester also show up as Insane? or does he appear to be town.

41. ISO #41

I mean:

Jesters and Jester King show up insane.

Does Insane Jester also show up as Insane? or does he appear to be town.
    oh i see what you mean. hmmm. it tough. for realist purpous he should show town i guess but then it makes it nearly impossible for him to lynch unless insane riff were to check.

i think i will make it that he is a special case and that he always appears insane to riff regardless if riff is in insane mode or not. if he appears town to regular riff, riff can say hes ns or can deduct hes insane jester unless jester king made riff insane. i will put that in under insane jester

oh check his role:
    Always apparears insane/anti-town

i had that in there.

42. ISO #42

oh check his role:
    Always apparears insane/anti-town

i had that in there.
    Oh okay
    Can you add it to the Sheriff rolecard as well, please.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

Instead of making the sheriff insane for a random number of nights, why not make it work only 1 night and just don't inform the sheriff that he was turned insane?

Seems like a simpler and more elegant solution.

Jester king should probably also be unable to turn the sheriff insane again if he's at his jesterfication cap because of recruits/doc kills. If he ever manages to recruit 3 citizens and they get lynched, the added kills guarantee a jester victory anyway.

Win conditions:
    Jester King/Jesters: Drive the Town to insanity
    Not specific enough. Do they only need to attain a voting majority or wipe out the whole town?

What happens if the jester king kills the doctor gets 2 recruits and everyone refuses to lynch? Seems like the game would end in a stalemate. To alleviate this, maybe reduce the number of votes to lynch to 49% rounded down.
    Last edited by BorkBot; March 12th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

45. ISO #45

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Instead of making the sheriff insane for a random number of nights, why not make it work only 1 night and just don't inform the sheriff that he was turned insane?

Seems like a simpler and more elegant solution.

makes sense. illl fix it to reflect right. how it will work is that the next night will be reversed

Jester king should probably also be unable to turn the sheriff insane again if he's at his jesterfication cap because of recruits/doc kills. If he ever manages to recruit 3 citizens and they get lynched, the added kills guarantee a jester victory anyway.

that was my plan, i will clairfy that in role card

Not specific enough. Do they only need to attain a voting majority or wipe out the whole town?

obtain majority. will calrify

What happens if the jester king kills the doctor gets 2 recruits and everyone refuses to lynch? Seems like the game would end in a stalemate. To alleviate this, maybe reduce the number of votes to lynch to 49% rounded down.

If this type of event is to happen, I will make following day a majority lynch to force it. Although i don't exactly expect it to happen.
    answered and fixed
    Last edited by ika; March 13th, 2013 at 07:11 AM.

46. ISO #46

What I mean with the last thing is that the following setup will result in a stalemate because no-one can get a majority:

Jester king
    Jester
    Jester
    Insane Jester

vs

Sheriff
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

And because nobody can die or be converted at night, it can go on like this forever. Only way to break the stalemate is if jesters trick 2 town into voting the insane jester.
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    What I mean with the last thing is that the following setup will result in a stalemate because no-one can get a majority:

Jester king
    Jester
    Jester
    Insane Jester

vs

Sheriff
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

And because nobody can die or be converted at night, it can go on like this forever.
    Ok that makes sense Day one will be majority lynch if wanted (51%) after that its will be 49% rounded down.

48. ISO #48

Ok that makes sense Day one will be majority lynch if wanted (51%) after that its will be 49% rounded down.
    Does that mean whoever gets their votes off first?

EDIT: I'm probably being stupid, yet 49%, if the votes lock when someone is hammered it's gonna be confusing. 49% technically is 4 people, 4 Town, 4 Jesters, that means the first to get their votes off win.
    Last edited by TheDarkestLight; March 13th, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Does that mean whoever gets their votes off first?
    hmmm i see what you mean, I ran some hypotetical seinarios and tends to end in draws, to it would become who can get the vote off first.

My new solution is to make it majority lynch and that 51% auto. that seems to be only solution. if it comes to stalemate voting (like borkbot presented) riff will get a one-use gun for the following night and he will shoot instead

also tie votes on majority will leave it as a no lynch

edit: that is why im probally gonna do majortiys like this
    Last edited by ika; March 13th, 2013 at 08:32 AM.

50. ISO #50

My new solution is to make it majority lynch and that 51% auto. that seems to be only solution. if it comes to stalemate voting (like borkbot presented) riff will get a one-use gun for the following night and he will shoot instead
    Can you describe the exact condition for the sheriff to get a 1 shot gun?

What if the sheriff is dead because 1 jester was lynched and killed him?

Jester king
    Jester
    Insane Jester

vs

Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Same stalemate..

Note: this could be fixed by giving the sheriff immunity to jester kills, but I don't know if you want that.
    Last edited by BorkBot; March 13th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.