S-FM 57: Bastardized Game Thread
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 57: Bastardized Game Thread

S-FM BASTARDIZED

Day 0

There is no lynch today! Day may be skipped with a majority vote, once everyone has posted. Otherwise, day will end at this time:

8:00 PM EST January 27

You must post at least twice a day, vote at least once, and send in a night action each night or risk being modkilled! You will receive ONE warning.

The Setup

Player list:
    1. clementine
    2. TheDarkestLight
    3. Mintberry Crunch
    4. Jr4life24
    5. RLVG
    6. Fatalis
    7. Espozito
    8. The Nightbringer
    9. Crimson
    10. Nick
    11. Damus_Graves
    12. Creedkingsx
    13. AppleyNO

Good luck, everybody, and have fun!

7 votes to hammer.
    Last edited by Nazzhoul; January 25th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    And if I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on...
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FMXV: Jester: Win/MVP SFM-Borderlands: Witch: Win M-FM Blazer's Experiment: Subject 8, Sheriff/Infected (Lose) M-FM Nasty Rumors/Treasure Town: Skuntank, Blackmailer (Lose)

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM 57: Bastardized Game Thread

First.
    And if I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on...
    FMXV: Jester: Win/MVP SFM-Borderlands: Witch: Win M-FM Blazer's Experiment: Subject 8, Sheriff/Infected (Lose) M-FM Nasty Rumors/Treasure Town: Skuntank, Blackmailer (Lose)

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    Hello Appley.

So, just to clarify, I am Yayap for anyone wondering.
    We have a Yayap. Otherwise known as we are fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Interesting.

Well as anyone here might know or might not. I am Damus_Graves, Town Leader extraordinaire. I will not be Leading the town today as I have a different style of play I hope to play out. I am experimenting so forgive me if I make a few blunders. Every good strategy has to be ironed out over the course of a few battles after all. Also I am currently in the working for a MMORPG Clan RP event in which I am in attendance. So I will be off and on on this game thread today.

Best of luck to all involved and I would like to point out this one inscrutable fact:
    Today must not be skipped.

Today is an important function in Town PR night actions and skipping shall only help the scum. I suggest keeping a close watch on the people who agree all to readily with me.
    Another helpful hint to watch out for:
    In this high PR game the scum will most likely be more active in their postings while blending towards the current town leaders.

I shall be back soon I promise.

-vote AppleyNO

-unvote

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

I request that links to the setup page be included in the OP. I would like to find the rolecards and wutnot quick and easily without having to search for them in the other subforums.
    <.<
    >.>
    I don't know what you're talking about...
    (I thought I'd put it there to begin with)

15. ISO #15

Is anybody else worried about how the Special Mechanics of this game will affect us? It's ok. I've come up with a way to sort through the special mechanics to the best of our abilities. Here is what we should do:

The Baseline Plan
    On Night 1, all citizens should make no action. All town power roles (except perhaps Vigilante and Veteran) should choose to take action. This will establish what the town power roles + mafia role night feedback looks like. (This is our 'baseline' that we can compare all subsequent night action feedback to)

On Night 2, all citizens should perform their action on random players. All town power roles (except perhaps Vigilante and Veteran) should choose to take action. Town power roles such as a Viglante or Veteran should either perform their action on both Night 1 and Night 2 or NOT perform their action on both Night 1 and Night 2.

After determining what the "incorrect" role card's feedback is, we can determine something about the incorrect town power role's role card. If the Night 1 feedback has no role blocks (for example) but the Night 2 feedback has a role block, we will know that one citizen is a hidden role blocker. This way, the citizen with the incorrect role card will definitively know his purpose and be able to utilize his role to the best of his ability.

-Also, I'd really like it if we could pair this plan with a Standard Lookout Plan, but that only works if there's no spree killer. Pending the posted PM feedback after the upcoming night (i.e. if it's clear we have an Arsonist and not a spree killer for example), I might suggest it later.
    The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

An interesting Idea Clem. I would support it but only if you had detailed it a bit more in depth. It seems rather bare at the present read. Would you like to discuss with me the merits of your plan?
    As of now I only see the benefit of deducing your own correct role, for each player, and yet that leaves us with very little to work with.
    I would amend your idea with this by-line:

Use your night action on your biggest scum-read (Excluding Vigilante and Veteran and even then maybe not exclude Veteran)

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Interesting, creed is attempting to use Meta to find scum or is scum trying to spread scummyness to hide behind those he claims. However his votes on the claims could be a town tell however they are equally a scum tell as he would know that there is no lynch today and so his vote is superfluous and an attempt to blend.

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Interesting, creed is attempting to use Meta to find scum or is scum trying to spread scummyness to hide behind those he claims. However his votes on the claims could be a town tell however they are equally a scum tell as he would know that there is no lynch today and so his vote is superfluous and an attempt to blend.
    The scumtell on you was more of a joke, not without it's own brownie points, but yayap I am 100% serious about.

25. ISO #25

An interesting Idea Clem. I would support it but only if you had detailed it a bit more in depth. It seems rather bare at the present read. Would you like to discuss with me the merits of your plan?
    As of now I only see the benefit of deducing your own correct role, for each player, and yet that leaves us with very little to work with.

Use your night action on your biggest scum-read (Excluding Vigilante and Veteran and even then maybe not exclude Veteran)
    Why would you want to heal your biggest scum read if you're hypothetically a doctor/bodyguard? Also, forcing people to target their biggest scum read will make it really obvious who has what roles especially for players who are more transparent.

Thanks for trying to seem helpful but not really seeming helpful. If you have any questions about my plan I'd be happy to answer them. Yes, the biggest merit is helping the players with switched role cards figure out their true roles.

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post
    Why would you want to heal your biggest scum read if you're hypothetically a doctor/bodyguard? Also, forcing people to target their biggest scum read will make it really obvious who has what roles especially for players who are more transparent.

Thanks for trying to seem helpful but not really seeming helpful. If you have any questions about my plan I'd be happy to answer them. Yes, the biggest merit is helping the players with switched role cards figure out their true roles.
    I was refer to Investigative/Killing roles if that was unclear.
    Did I have to spell that out?
    Maybe I was just trying to get a Doctor to heal me when a Vigilante shoots me for no apparent reason.

29. ISO #29

Maybe I was just trying to get a Doctor to heal me when a Vigilante shoots me for no apparent reason.
    To quote the great AppleyNO, "Your playstyle has deteriorated!"

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post

Interesting.
    What do you think that we should do about the Citizen who might have gotten the Vigilante rolecard? The Sheriff rolecard?

Also for the Lookout plan:
    I vote that the Lookout, if there is one, should target the player: Clem or Damus_Graves.

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    I'm not worried about Fatalis by any means right now. No offense, Fatalis, just a lot of big fish in this game. xD
    If Fatalis is town, I need to make sure that kid read the setup this time. :P

Interesting.
    What do you think that we should do about the Citizen who might have gotten the Vigilante rolecard? The Sheriff rolecard?

I vote that the Lookout, if there is one, should target the player: Clem or Damus_Graves.
    Hmm, fair enough. Maybe you were just really unclear about what you actually meant. (i.e. citizens only or everyone else, too)

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    I'm not worried about Fatalis by any means right now. No offense, Fatalis, just a lot of big fish in this game. xD
    Creed is lurking again. = Creed is scum.

With Yayap and Damus.
    ggnore

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

I suggest an eye be kept upon AppleyNO.
    AppleyNO is pretty solidly town based on meta. I won't elaborate because it would break the meta.

Wait! I found scum already!

Appley says that "we" are f'ed meaning that he and his team stand no chance against me. Appley must therefor be scum.

-vote AppleyNO
    Yayap knows that he and Appley are on different teams. I know Appley is like 95% town, therefore Yayap must not be town.

44. ISO #44

With today being no lynch day, getting info will be hard..

So lets see, the initial starting ratio is:

8 town vs 3 mafia vs 1 killer
    and 1 neutral Benign that is yet to be determined who he is aligned with.

2 scum kpn vs unknown town kpn.

Worst case scenario is that neutral is a set evil like a witch exe or becomes evil like a student, amnesiac or a survivor joining evils and that we loose 2 town tonight.

Our best hope is that the neutral is a jester since he won't care at all who he kills.

If we loose 2 town tonight, then it would could be 6 town vs 4(5) making tomorrows lynch and every lynch extremely important. Our first priority is to find the neutral killer, since that would reduce the kpn as soon as we can... although this could screw us over if the neutral is amnesiac.

I expect that with all the night feedback being revealed, finding out what roles are in the setup shouldn't take longer than 2 nights.

I was thinking of using the rolecall method but with 2 citizens (one who doesn't even know that he is one) and as well as the poor town ratio, I think that scum could have a field day by killing off the important PRs, so I'm leaning towards not using that strat.

(I turned off notifications of new posts so forgive me if I'm ignoring them all in this post.)

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Interesting.

Well as anyone here might know or might not. I am Damus_Graves, Town Leader extraordinaire. I will not be Leading the town today as I have a different style of play I hope to play out. I am experimenting so forgive me if I make a few blunders. Every good strategy has to be ironed out over the course of a few battles after all. Also I am currently in the working for a MMORPG Clan RP event in which I am in attendance. So I will be off and on on this game thread today.

Best of luck to all involved and I would like to point out this one inscrutable fact:
    Today must not be skipped.

Today is an important function in Town PR night actions and skipping shall only help the scum. I suggest keeping a close watch on the people who agree all to readily with me.
    Another helpful hint to watch out for:
    In this high PR game the scum will most likely be more active in their postings while blending towards the current town leaders.

I shall be back soon I promise.

-vote AppleyNO

-unvote
    Thy internet doesn't care if your parents are being murdered by a maniac and you have to scare the shit out of him with our ****
    Thy internet only care that you are not active, possibly using an excuse for lurking

I don't like the tone of this post, it seems really sheepish and sounds like a scum trying to be protown. The idea of using your night action on your biggest scum-read is purely stupid as doc's and lookouts targeting scummy player would be wasting actions.

Your reaction is strange. As I recall you are the one who oftenly points out scum suspects day 1 in a confident manner.And saying someone's act is a town tell and then at the same time a scum tell is basically an act trying to be pro=town. Doesn't help us by much.

I do not understand this post at all

Interesting.

The first part of this post is actually acting pretty sheepish IMO.
    And there is absolutely no good reason to be directing Lookouts day1. Wifom or not.

Very interesting.
    I await your response.
    I suggest an eye be kept upon AppleyNO.
    Creed also seems odd this game but I believe I am just expecting a bit much more substance and usefulness from him than I should.
    Saying things like this is useless without sufficient reasoning, and gives no point. Reads should be given with good reasoning so that it may benefit the town.

And that is why I think Damus is scummy

50. ISO #50