Players choice award: Voting starts now! - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who gets the Players choice award?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agahnim

0 0%
  • Animal

0 0%
  • Anubis

1 6.25%
  • Bridge Keeper

0 0%
  • Captain Obvious

0 0%
  • Ceasar

0 0%
  • Col Jack ONeill

0 0%
  • Cookie Monster

0 0%
  • Frankenstein

0 0%
  • Gandalf

2 12.50%
  • Gimli

0 0%
  • Hamburglar

0 0%
  • Hungry

0 0%
  • Indiana Jones

0 0%
  • Inspector Cluseau

0 0%
  • Jack Sparrow

1 6.25%
  • King Arthur

2 12.50%
  • King Tut

0 0%
  • Locutus

0 0%
  • Master Chef

0 0%
  • Michigan J Frog

6 37.50%
  • Mr Bunny

1 6.25%
  • Pinkie Pie

0 0%
  • Rubber Ducky

0 0%
  • Sherlock

0 0%
  • SpongeBob

0 0%
  • The Joker

0 0%
  • The Terminator

0 0%
  • Watson

0 0%
  • Wile E Coyote

1 6.25%
  • Wolverine

0 0%
  • Yoda

0 0%
  • Yosemite Sam

0 0%
  • FM Game Master

2 12.50%
  • Unknown Framer

0 0%
  • Unknown SK

0 0%
  • Unknown Witch

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: Players choice award: Voting starts now!

I decision who got mvp was mostly based on what that person knew and didn't know. Frog, although is still alive, had no idea who the mafia really was. Based on the night action PMs I got, he really did think that agahnim was scum. So it made it much easier for him to blend in.

Where as Wolverine had to consciously try to blend in as well as not putting too much pressure on frog as well as his own mafia. And he had to predict Frogs night actions to not overlap. Wolverine used a much higher level of wifom, where as witch blocked the obvious sheriff till vig showed up then used him in a rather random manner since he didn't know friend from foe.

Read the night chats where Wolverine takes over as commanding mafia, his full out reasoning as to who needed to die as well as the risks and potential gains sealed his award.

Frog being alive is mostly luck now more than anything... as are his chances of surviving. So although Frog has done a better job of surviving, Wolverine did a better job as a true scum.

I have no problems giving Frog the Players choice award. But to get scum mvp, you need to do more than just survive.

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by FM Game Master View Post
    I decision who got mvp was mostly based on what that person knew and didn't know. Frog, although is still alive, had no idea who the mafia really was. Based on the night action PMs I got, he really did think that agahnim was scum. So it made it much easier for him to blend in.

Where as Wolverine had to consciously try to blend in as well as not putting too much pressure on frog as well as his own mafia. And he had to predict Frogs night actions to not overlap. Wolverine used a much higher level of wifom, where as witch blocked the obvious sheriff till vig showed up then used him in a rather random manner since he didn't know friend from foe.

Read the night chats where Wolverine takes over as commanding mafia, his full out reasoning as to who needed to die as well as the risks and potential gains sealed his award.

Frog being alive is mostly luck now more than anything... as are his chances of surviving. So although Frog has done a better job of surviving, Wolverine did a better job as a true scum.

I have no problems giving Frog the Players choice award. But to get scum mvp, you need to do more than just survive.
    Okay then.

Frog for players choice.

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

I think that's a rather shallow way to look at MVP. It's not just about surviving, but Frog did a FAR better job at deceiving the town and adding WIFOM to the things she wrote to make the town see what she wanted them to see. Getting the trust of the town isn't "just luck," that's nonsense. What's "just luck" is that the mafia's consigliere found the witch early. They didn't even figure that ducky might be SK when they blocked him. And Frog had to make the same predictions about mafia and sk night kills potentially overlapping.

Basing your MVP decision on what people thought of others in a few PMs they sent you just doesn't work, because they might just be lucky guesses and they might completely change their minds in less than a day. And the mafia always knows more than anyone else. What matters more is the reasoning behind reads on people, the connections you make between people, the scumtells you found, how convincing you come across during the day, etc.

I don't want to discredit Wolverine's efforts, but he is no MVP.

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

So? The Mafia started out as a team with invest roles. That's a pretty strong advancement of single scum roles without a night chat. Alone this made it way more easy for them to blend in and get their way with the game. Of course has the neutral solo scum to ride the wave what else can he do? Taking control over the whole game solo? Highly ineffective and very risky. She plays her role pretty well if you ask me.

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

I not claiming that Frog didn't put any effort into his current status, but if you re-read the days after day 2, Frog shifted to the background and rode the wave too. It's mostly towns fault for being so scummy that Frog looks as good as he does.
    Shifting to the background is a wise choice. Staying in the limelight and staying alive is SCUMMY. Her only fault is standing out too early before evaluating town's activity and intelligence.

Everyone suspected her because she stood out and didn't die. Same story for Aghanim.

Furthermore, town's fault =/= witch's fault.

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61