An idea for site organization.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

An idea for site organization.

Hello,

I have two ideas:
    1. To create a priority settings on the different sub-forums, so users can organize their forum interface in the way that they want. i.e. the French users can increase priority on the French subforum, bringing it closer to the top of their forum interface. or, one can bring FM closer to the top if that's what they're most interested in. I think that News should be stuck at the top, only makes sense.

2. On the "New Forum Posts" drop-down menu, we should be able to toggle which subforum to receive updates from. I think this would be useful, as the default for new users could be "News" and "SC2 Mafia Discussion". This will highlight the parts of the site that management is trying to promote the most.

Not sure if either are possbile, but I thought I'd throw the ideas out there.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; August 2nd, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: An idea for site organization.

Vbulletin as a great community with sub communities all over the world. Dr and oops are pretty good at adding to this forum, ex. music in thread, spoilers etc.

the best thing when you think of a great idea like yours, is to do a quick search on either Vbull official site or related site and see if there are addons, mod or hacks even, to do what you will propose. Yes in some cases, some of the great addons are called hacks because they require more modifying than just the regular addon. So game hacks bad... forum hack good.. if it is done by DR or oops

visiting those sites might give you ideas for this one. they are also great at answering questions and you could also do publicity for this site over there by name dropping

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Hello,

I have two ideas:
    1. To create a priority settings on the different sub-forums, so users can organize their forum interface in the way that they want. i.e. the French users can increase priority on the French subforum, bringing it closer to the top of their forum interface. or, one can bring FM closer to the top if that's what they're most interested in. I think that News should be stuck at the top, only makes sense.

2. On the "New Forum Posts" drop-down menu, we should be able to toggle which subforum to receive updates from. I think this would be useful, as the default for new users could be "News" and "SC2 Mafia Discussion". This will highlight the parts of the site that management is trying to promote the most.

Not sure if either are possbile, but I thought I'd throw the ideas out there.
    Plato: No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding.
    Plato: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Menautor View Post
    Vbulletin as a great community with sub communities all over the world. Dr and oops are pretty good at adding to this forum, ex. music in thread, spoilers etc.

the best thing when you think of a great idea like yours, is to do a quick search on either Vbull official site or related site and see if there are addons, mod or hacks even, to do what you will propose. Yes in some cases, some of the great addons are called hacks because they require more modifying than just the regular addon. So game hacks bad... forum hack good.. if it is done by DR or oops

visiting those sites might give you ideas for this one. they are also great at answering questions and you could also do publicity for this site over there by name dropping

noted, thank you RedBull

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

6. ISO #6

you play with the bulll, you get the horn young man... stay in bars and avoid fields

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    noted, thank you RedBull
    Plato: No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding.
    Plato: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.