Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jester suicides are determined randomly

11 50.00%
  • Jester suicides are determined systamaticaly

11 50.00%
  1. ISO #1

Jester Poll #2:)

Not going to make much of an OP for this pol, but if a Jester has a (mass) suicide penalty for lynching, would you rather the suiciding was decided systamaticaly(Ex: Last 25% of voters to votesuicide) or by random.org(Ex: 25% of guilty voters suicide at random)?

Again, please only vote if you have previously participated in a FM game

Edit: I have an opinion for this poll as well, so I am also going cast a vote.
    Last edited by Auckmid; July 25th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Jester Poll #2:)

The purpose is to make people more wary of lynching recklessly, and to implement a sufficient deterrent as punishment if you lynch the jester. Now, I think that these are both viable options - but having the 25% of "hammer" voters die seems best, as it creates a defined sort of "buffer" between safety possible death, and a definite line to be crossed if one is to go through with the lynch. The other way, people may be inclined to just vote off/hammer the jester anyway, because the suicides are determined randomly.

3. ISO #3

Can I vote?

I say first few and last few. Reasons:

Last few is obvious, I you wanna sheep or lynch train others, you pay with your life.

As for first few, it's to prevent scum from starting random lynch trains.

Maybe first 20% and last 20% rounded up.

EDIT: First few is to prevent "if I vote early I don't need to care about jester" mentality.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

If it's decided on when a person voted then it would be unfair, some people might not have time to wait until the votes reach a certain "safe zone" until they vote.
    https://i.imgur.com/MuBx7.png
    Spoiler : Goremansir <3 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremansir View Post
    In a fit of rage (who would insult his voice of an angel? (And by angel, we mean a drunk, fat, middle-aged cop)) ... Duzero stripped out of his uniform, leapt onto CmG and started eating his face. CmG started to protest...

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Too bad for sheep. For the slaughter.

You are NOT SUPPOSED to vote jester suspects...
    Yes I am, when I'm the Undertaker. I feel no guilt for killing jesters ;). Then I let creed hammer both of the jesters so the sheriff can suicide.
    https://i.imgur.com/MuBx7.png
    Spoiler : Goremansir <3 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremansir View Post
    In a fit of rage (who would insult his voice of an angel? (And by angel, we mean a drunk, fat, middle-aged cop)) ... Duzero stripped out of his uniform, leapt onto CmG and started eating his face. CmG started to protest...

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Can I vote?

I say first few and last few. Reasons:

Last few is obvious, I you wanna sheep or lynch train others, you pay with your life.

As for first few, it's to prevent scum from starting random lynch trains.

Maybe first 20% and last 20% rounded up.

EDIT: First few is to prevent "if I vote early I don't need to care about jester" mentality.
    The only thing with that is when a game gets down to 3 people, maybe not in FM, but in like sfm or mfm; can cause a jester only win

10. ISO #10

I dislike randomness in anything other than role/account assignment at the start of the FM, so I voted for the systematic approach.

What exactly it should be is up to the host. Both of the examples mentioned before could work, though I think 25-40% of the voters is a bit extreme personally. I'd say 20% (or first 10% and last 10%) would be better. In Yayap's FM, that was 4 people out of 20 votes in the beginning or something like that, which seemed just about right.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    The only thing with that is when a game gets down to 3 people, maybe not in FM, but in like sfm or mfm; can cause a jester only win
    I don't know... this shouldn't be a problem in normal setups.

The problem I see here is that town always forgo day0/1 doing absolutely nothing. Calling it troll day. One day wasted. Less role confirmed. Thus having endgames with unknown alignment/roles. I say Phyr did a good job in Kromos' M-FM, making use of day0/1.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

I went for suicides being determined systematically. It might take the fear out of lynching a jester for those who placed their votes well but it allows for greater strategy and removes randomness which I don't like in FM. Scum may want to actively try to lynch jesters if they know all of their team are in the safe zone and town can better use jester lynches as a scum hunting tool because of this.

I agree with the first and last voters being killed because they are the ones most accountable for lynching the jester. Maybe 10-15% either side as I thought the amount of deaths in FM 10 worked well.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

14. ISO #14

Random. Everyone should be punished for voting a jester, not just the people who were unlucky enough to be too late to join the train while it was safe
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfire123 View Post
    Random. Everyone should be punished for voting a jester, not just the people who were unlucky enough to be too late to join the train while it was safe
    ??????

So when you say everyone should be punnished, you mean everyone should suicide? Also interesting how you use the word "unlucky" as a reason why random is better then systymatic.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    ??????

So when you say everyone should be punnished, you mean everyone should suicide? Also interesting how you use the word "unlucky" as a reason why random is better then systymatic.
    I mean everyone who voted should fear suiciding when they see that Jester pop up in the graveyard. I used the term unlucky in regards to what time of day they are active during the game
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student