* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : S-FM Haunted Town https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40852 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 13th, 2017 07:23 PM Title : S-FM Haunted Town S-FM Haunted Town Roles List Senior Ghost Junior Ghost Ghost Hunter Town Power Role Town Power Role Citizen Citizen Citizen Citizen Angel Role Cards : Ghost Hunter: Can go to find the ghosts Has a one-use Ghost Weapon which can kill both Ghost and Townies. Can vote during day. Can reveal at day by PMing host that he wants to reveal making everyone knows his role. Gains an additional target to check at night. Not night immune or role block immune. Senior Ghost: Can kill at night. Can vote during day. Has a chat with Junior Ghost and Angel. Night Immune to Vigilante's attacks. Junior Ghost: At Night can roleblock someone. Can vote during day. Can't be detected by Ghost Hunter. Night Immune at nights exceptional of Ghost Hunter. Can replace Senior Ghost, if Senior Ghost were to die. Has a chat with Senior Ghost and Angel. Citizen: Can vote during day. Nurse:Can heal someone once at night. Can vote during day. Police:Can guard someone at night which will cause both the attacker and police to kill eachother. Can vote during day. Orphan Kid:Can follow someone at night. Seeing to whom did his target visit as well as who did visit the target. Can vote during the day. Vigilante: Knows who the Ghost Hunter is. Can kill someone at night. Only can kill once. Can't kill Senior Ghost. Can vote during the day. Teacher: Can pm host someone to talk with during night time, which will have a private day-chat during day. Can vote during the day. Can't be roleblocked. Angel: Can join to Ghost Chat but ghosts wont know who he is. Can't be killed at night however can be force to fade away (lynch) at day. If Angel's been attacked, the attacker will discover who he is. Can vote during the day. Special Mechanic: Teacher When he wants to talk with the person he wants to talk, he will have to pm host at NIGHT about it. Not at day. He can't change his opinion about his target at DAY. Order Of Operations: Roleblock Guarding and healing. Killings. Investigation. Mechanics: Days are 48 hours long. Nights are 24 hours long. Ghosts have a chat which angel can join in. Everyone in the chat will be anonymous by named their roles. No death notes. Last wills allowed. Teacher has a chat with the person he talks. He can talk all the day along. Win Condintions: Ghosts has to kill Ghost Hunter and additinoal 4 townies to win the game. Town and Ghost Hunter has to get rid of Ghosts in order to win this game. Angel can win with anyone, whoever he wants. Tie Circumstances: Angel wins as a solo role if both team fails which will cause them loose. Ghosts will win when they accomplish their conditions, which means even if they are gone they will still win the tie. Rules No gamethrowing. No Out Of Game Communication. Any kind of harassment or irritating behavior is forbidden. Can joke around. No pictures, links, videos, gifs etc. Players must be active at day. If there not to be any posts the player has made, he will most probably will be replaced. English only. Mafia can't reveal to Angel at night or give clues about who they are. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 13th, 2017 07:24 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Just wanted to make a setup, maybe will host it after it s been approved by mods and when my queue comes. So rate my setup mods. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : Voss Date : September 13th, 2017 11:36 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town what's the point of the white ghost? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Voss Date : September 13th, 2017 11:36 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town what's the point of the white ghost? oh survivor. never mind. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Iced_Monopoly Date : September 14th, 2017 01:10 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Hi hybrid, Thanks for taking the time to start work on a setup! Just a few quick notes before the big boy balancing team comes in (dw and rlvg): In regards to the ghost hunter role, it says he can 'go to find ghosts' or kill someone at night. From my understanding, this means he has to specify between killing or investigating each night. I assume his killing power has the ability to kill townies too? If so, this role, essentially a vigi/invest combo, who can only invest 50% of the ghosts seems a little weak, as he'd need to survive for atleast 2 nights minimum to get a confirmed target, which after a d1 lynch is only 1/7. Given his unlikelyness to survive, given that any sort of reveal would see him killed, and the time it takes for him to only be able to target 1 person, and that he cant be healed, plus also having a vigilante possibly spawning, it seems like this role and combo would be more antitown, or unable to contribute as intended, especially with ghost wincon. Id suggest either making him healable, or making him able to detect both ghosts, or perhaps being able to target 2 people at night for detection, but revieving anonymous feedback, ie not knowing which of his targets is associated with which feedback. You might consider dropping vigi from roles list too. 3 potential night kills in such a small setup with a wincon for ghosts that see them win with only 3 town dead is a game that might end very quickly :p The police officer role says he doesnt kill senior ghost if protecting someone who is targetted by him. What does this role protect from? I assume its the equivalent of a body double, who takes the hit for someone, but how does this role react if its target is targetted by a ghost hunter or vigi? Angel says he can win with whoever he wants, but it also says he cant help town by his own will or reveal ghosts. This role will likely have a lot of questions about it in game. So its best to really define this role now in the setup. How do these rules govern how the angel can vote. Can he hammer? Can he reveal he is angel? If he has revealed, can he vote ghosts at all? Can he end the game if ghosts are down a player? Just make sure to clear these up. Also, its best to add to your rolecards the specific feedback for each scenario that a role could be involved in. Even if its just boring like "nothing happened tonight". This will help your game run smoother and let players properly understand role mechanics. Il let you know if i think of anything else. But so far so good. Once again, thanks for taking the intiative to build a setup. Hopefully we'll see it hosted soon! deathworlds RLVG -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 04:42 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Hi hybrid, Thanks for taking the time to start work on a setup! Just a few quick notes before the big boy balancing team comes in (dw and rlvg): In regards to the ghost hunter role, it says he can 'go to find ghosts' or kill someone at night. From my understanding, this means he has to specify between killing or investigating each night. I assume his killing power has the ability to kill townies too? If so, this role, essentially a vigi/invest combo, who can only invest 50% of the ghosts seems a little weak, as he'd need to survive for atleast 2 nights minimum to get a confirmed target, which after a d1 lynch is only 1/7. Given his unlikelyness to survive, given that any sort of reveal would see him killed, and the time it takes for him to only be able to target 1 person, and that he cant be healed, plus also having a vigilante possibly spawning, it seems like this role and combo would be more antitown, or unable to contribute as intended, especially with ghost wincon. Id suggest either making him healable, or making him able to detect both ghosts, or perhaps being able to target 2 people at night for detection, but revieving anonymous feedback, ie not knowing which of his targets is associated with which feedback. You might consider dropping vigi from roles list too. 3 potential night kills in such a small setup with a wincon for ghosts that see them win with only 3 town dead is a game that might end very quickly :p The police officer role says he doesnt kill senior ghost if protecting someone who is targetted by him. What does this role protect from? I assume its the equivalent of a body double, who takes the hit for someone, but how does this role react if its target is targetted by a ghost hunter or vigi? Angel says he can win with whoever he wants, but it also says he cant help town by his own will or reveal ghosts. This role will likely have a lot of questions about it in game. So its best to really define this role now in the setup. How do these rules govern how the angel can vote. Can he hammer? Can he reveal he is angel? If he has revealed, can he vote ghosts at all? Can he end the game if ghosts are down a player? Just make sure to clear these up. Also, its best to add to your rolecards the specific feedback for each scenario that a role could be involved in. Even if its just boring like "nothing happened tonight". This will help your game run smoother and let players properly understand role mechanics. Il let you know if i think of anything else. But so far so good. Once again, thanks for taking the intiative to build a setup. Hopefully we'll see it hosted soon! deathworlds RLVG Thanks for the feedback as soon as i am home i will make some changes about it (will post what changes i ve made btw i thought the same thing with angel while i was in bed so i will explain it in a different block. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 05:24 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Changes: 1- Added Special Mechanic to Angel, and described more about Ghost Hunter. 2- Ghost Hunter can be guarded at night, but still can not be healed. 3- New Mechanic to Ghost Hunter, if doesn't acts he can't be killed at night. 4- Added some mechanics to ghosts i forgot to add. (such as saying they are NI etc) 5- Added Citizen to Action Order 6- Added Special Mechanics to Orphan Kid and Teacher -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 05:28 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Also the reason why I've added Vigilante into the game is to 1 detect Angel, 2- make fail-kills to make the game easier for Ghosts. He isnt confirmed role though so it won't be much of a problem. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Nawa Date : September 14th, 2017 07:32 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town I don't get the Angel role. Does he have to side with scum until he gets shot or voted up? Does he have to stay neutral after that? Isn't it wise for town to kill Angel then? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 07:44 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town I don't get the Angel role. Does he have to side with scum until he gets shot or voted up? Does he have to stay neutral after that? Isn't it wise for town to kill Angel then? I wanted to add some interesting thing to game, i came up with this idea. Angel is basicly surv that already knows who the mafais(ghosts) are . If he wants he can win with town, but he can't reveal ghosts or give hints about them when he s force to reveal. Also i saw town a lil bit overpowered so to balance things up i added angel instead of another ghost or different faction scum -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 07:48 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town btw, i don't know how should i adjust the lynching system. any ideas? Iced_Monopoly -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : SuperJack Date : September 14th, 2017 08:48 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Problems with the angel role is that you are creating a role and then banning it from participating in any form of scum hunting. He is basically a non-player who gets to decide who wins at the end. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : RLVG Date : September 14th, 2017 11:17 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town 1. Why are nights 18 hours long? 2. You don't need to say that everything can vote during the day, you can just write that on the lynch mechanics instead lol. 3. Because an Angel cannot reveal themselves and the Ghosts, it's going to be a player who does absolutely nothing in this game. It'll be kind of obvious who the Angel is. What prevents players into pressuring an Angel? They're just going to harass this poor Angel into a lynch. How can the Angel even be active in this game if information is so limited? 4. Why can the Angel join the Ghost Chat anonymously when the two ghosts are going to cooperate? They will know who the Angel is. 5. Even worse with the Angel, they have the ability to vote but they cannot hammer and if they vote it's an indication of any sort of read if the target is town or scum, which is part of their restriction of scum hunting. The Angel simply cannot vote. 6. What prevents the Ghost Hunter from revealing themselves? It's basically a Mayor since any counterclaims would be immediately lynched. 7. What's the point of Ghost Hunter's night immunity if according to the OoO he can be roleblocked before it happens? The two Ghosts would just roleblock and kill their target. 8. What prevents the Vigilante from outing the Ghost Hunter immediately to confirm two players? 9. Once a Ghost Hunter is revealed and the Junior Ghost is dead, what prevents the Town from winning? They won't lynch the Ghost Hunter and the Ghost Hunter can just turtle with Night Immunity. In addition if the Senior Ghost dies and the Ghost Hunter has not revealed- what prevents the players from simply no lynching everyday and then allow the Ghost Hunter to kill players one by one until they find the Junior Ghost? 10. What's even the point of the Vigilante's night kill? It can't kill anyone but Town. It's basically a Citizen who knows the identity of another player who has the ability to grief. 11. What's the general point of the Police? When they protect someone and their target is attacked by the Senior Ghost, he'll just die. If he protects the Ghost Hunter or the Angel, who are immune, he'll get killed when no one were supposed to die. There's no last will so there's little to no information as well. Compare it to a Nurse who can just outright heal someone, preventing a kill and reveal this information during day. The only reason for Police would be combined with an Orphan Kid so that the Orphan Kid can give this information, but it's unlikely since there's a chance of roleblock and the Police wouldn't reveal themselves beforehand which lessens the chance of an accurate targeting on the relevant night. 12. Teacher can just confirm themselves to whoever they chose to have a night chat with. 13. How does the Orphan Kid join the conversation if he follows the Teacher? The Orphan Kid acts during night which is when the conversation is happening, which I assume the Teacher is acting during the day to determine who gets the conversation at night. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 12:57 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town 1. Why are nights 18 hours long? 2. You don't need to say that everything can vote during the day, you can just write that on the lynch mechanics instead lol. 3. Because an Angel cannot reveal themselves and the Ghosts, it's going to be a player who does absolutely nothing in this game. It'll be kind of obvious who the Angel is. What prevents players into pressuring an Angel? They're just going to harass this poor Angel into a lynch. How can the Angel even be active in this game if information is so limited? 4. Why can the Angel join the Ghost Chat anonymously when the two ghosts are going to cooperate? They will know who the Angel is. 5. Even worse with the Angel, they have the ability to vote but they cannot hammer and if they vote it's an indication of any sort of read if the target is town or scum, which is part of their restriction of scum hunting. The Angel simply cannot vote. 6. What prevents the Ghost Hunter from revealing themselves? It's basically a Mayor since any counterclaims would be immediately lynched. 7. What's the point of Ghost Hunter's night immunity if according to the OoO he can be roleblocked before it happens? The two Ghosts would just roleblock and kill their target. 8. What prevents the Vigilante from outing the Ghost Hunter immediately to confirm two players? 9. Once a Ghost Hunter is revealed and the Junior Ghost is dead, what prevents the Town from winning? They won't lynch the Ghost Hunter and the Ghost Hunter can just turtle with Night Immunity. In addition if the Senior Ghost dies and the Ghost Hunter has not revealed- what prevents the players from simply no lynching everyday and then allow the Ghost Hunter to kill players one by one until they find the Junior Ghost? 10. What's even the point of the Vigilante's night kill? It can't kill anyone but Town. It's basically a Citizen who knows the identity of another player who has the ability to grief. 11. What's the general point of the Police? When they protect someone and their target is attacked by the Senior Ghost, he'll just die. If he protects the Ghost Hunter or the Angel, who are immune, he'll get killed when no one were supposed to die. There's no last will so there's little to no information as well. Compare it to a Nurse who can just outright heal someone, preventing a kill and reveal this information during day. The only reason for Police would be combined with an Orphan Kid so that the Orphan Kid can give this information, but it's unlikely since there's a chance of roleblock and the Police wouldn't reveal themselves beforehand which lessens the chance of an accurate targeting on the relevant night. 12. Teacher can just confirm themselves to whoever they chose to have a night chat with. 13. How does the Orphan Kid join the conversation if he follows the Teacher? The Orphan Kid acts during night which is when the conversation is happening, which I assume the Teacher is acting during the day to determine who gets the conversation at night. 1-I kinda don't like 24-28 hours long nights, but if necessary i ll increase it to 24 hour. 2-Well yeah, inexperience 3-Hmm, then I am going to do Angel can participate into the chat, but he won't be able to know who the ghosts are. Everyone will be anonymous in night chat. 4-As I said, i wanted to make a role that will make the game harder for town, but I will fix that issue. 5-Welp, I'll be fixing that In the new changes 6-There is nothing that is preventing that in my setup, tho I will look into that i might accidently added that 7-You have a point, then i will write it on orders to do that. Rbing will be right after nothing does so he won't be able to rbed. 8-Nothing. Even though that's the point. In my opinion town roles are looking strong so i made the game a bit messy. 9- Oh, never thought of that... Well if I were to fix that I kinda have to out the night immune action from Ghost Hunter and make him be able to heal. Then after outting those with the angel fix, angel will be able to side with scum or with town properly and will be able to talk for reals. That might fix the issue 10-That's the point. As I always said Town is kinda overpowered cause of Ghost Hunter and Teacher. In order to reveal Angel's true identity it has to beeen shot by someone. So it has 2 purposes; Manage to fail-kills and Manage to find Angel. 11-But if i were to make police be able to kill Senior Ghost, they'll just be able to kill 1 Ghost for free. I might remove that role cause of its stupidity and add Ghost Hunter can be healed thing. 12-Yeah, I kinda wanted to make them like Jailor, with no executions. Tho that's the point of teacher, it teachs information :D 13-Hmm, I kinda will have to fix the Night Action Orders. Welp, time to make changes. Think it will be more balanced with RLVG's help :D -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 01:16 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Changes: -Night Time is now 24 Hours. -Everyone in Night Chat will be anonymous, Ghosts will be named Senior Ghost and Junior Ghost; Angel will be named Angel at Night Chat. It wouldn't be a big problem for ghosts since they ll be revealed to eachother in rolecards host iwll give it to them -Angel no more knows who the ghosts are. Removed Special Mechanics: Angel. -Angel is now more free, he won't know who the ghosts are can participate Ghost Hunt or help the Ghosts. -Teacher is now roleblock immune -Change of the order of operations. -Junior Ghost, now will be able to replace Senior Ghost's place when Senior Ghost dies. -Police can be healed from now on. -Lw enabled, dn disabled. -Fixes at describtion of Senior Ghost and Junior Ghost Think it s better don't you think RLVG and deathworlds -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : SuperJack Date : September 14th, 2017 01:46 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town SJ also helped a tad :/ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 17] Auteur : SuperJack Date : September 14th, 2017 01:48 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Hybrid. Now show the quickest way for town to lose. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 18] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 01:59 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Hybrid. Now show the quickest way for town to lose. NotLikeThis, maybe add more citizens? Kappa Also may you guys help me with adding more rules and how to handle lynch system -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 19] Auteur : Iced_Monopoly Date : September 14th, 2017 02:25 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town After a d1 mislynch, vigi has a 50% chance of hitting a night immune target, thus detecting a scum (Angel incl.) He can then reveal the ghost hunter, who will likely also be able to self confirm, making counter claiming for scum difficult, and then having two confirmed towns pretty much steam rolling the game and ending by d3. This is optimal town win (assuming d1 mislynch). Seems a little overpowered? RLVG deathworlds -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 20] Auteur : Iced_Monopoly Date : September 14th, 2017 02:26 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town NotLikeThis, maybe add more citizens? Kappa Also may you guys help me with adding more rules and how to handle lynch system The lynch system is handled automatically by the game thread when you enter a command in your thread. We'll help you putt with that when you get to the hosting stage :) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 21] Auteur : SuperJack Date : September 14th, 2017 02:28 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town After a d1 mislynch, vigi has a 50% chance of hitting a night immune target, thus detecting a scum (Angel incl.) He can then reveal the ghost hunter, who will likely also be able to self confirm, making counter claiming for scum difficult, and then having two confirmed towns pretty much steam rolling the game and ending by d3. This is optimal town win (assuming d1 mislynch). Seems a little overpowered? RLVG deathworlds Same goes for a mislynch followed by 2 town kills. Game could be lost for town as soon as D3 start. If you want 2 KPN. Gotta add more players. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 22] Auteur : SuperJack Date : September 14th, 2017 02:28 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town The lynch system is handled automatically by the game thread when you enter a command in your thread. We'll help you putt with that when you get to the hosting stage :) You could link all the help pages...? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 23] Auteur : Iced_Monopoly Date : September 14th, 2017 02:31 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Best to focus on one thing at a time, no point overwhelming with all the hosting threads when we're still in workshop stage -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 24] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 03:15 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town After a d1 mislynch, vigi has a 50% chance of hitting a night immune target, thus detecting a scum (Angel incl.) He can then reveal the ghost hunter, who will likely also be able to self confirm, making counter claiming for scum difficult, and then having two confirmed towns pretty much steam rolling the game and ending by d3. This is optimal town win (assuming d1 mislynch). Seems a little overpowered? RLVG deathworlds Then i am going to add some more cits or tpr -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 25] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 14th, 2017 06:16 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town I've decided to add 1 more citizen into the game. RLVG deathworlds Approved setup or not? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 26] Auteur : RLVG Date : September 15th, 2017 01:16 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Order Of Operations: Junior Ghost roleblocks. Orphan Kid follows. Teacher talks Citizen does nothing. Police goes on duty. Ghost Hunter kills or detects. Senior Ghost kills. Vigilante kills. Nurse heals. From the OoO... Orphan Kid:Can follow someone at night. Seeing to whom did his target visit as well as who did visit the target. Can vote during the day. I think Orphan Kid should be last, when all actions have first happened. Teacher: Can target someone to talk with at night. Doesn't roleblocks. Can vote during the day. Can't be roleblocked. Order Of Operations: Junior Ghost roleblocks. Teacher talks How does this work? The Junior Ghost acts during night, which is before the Teacher, thus it solidifies that the Teacher is in fact a night action role. Does the Teacher target someone during the night to chat with them during the same night? When the action is processed, the night is already over. Personally I think the Teacher should be able to target someone during the day (like a traditional jailor would) and once the day ends, their target gets the night chat. Avoids unnecessary complexity. Angel: Can join to Ghost Chat but ghosts wont know who he is. Can't be killed at night however can be force to fade away (lynch) at day. If Angel's been attacked, the attacker will discover who he is. Can vote during the day. Angel can win with anyone, whoever he wants. Is there any reason for the Angel not to confirm themselves in the ghost chat? This prevents the Ghosts from accidentally hitting the Angel. They can just be like, "HEY SCUM, I'M RLVG111!!!" This also negates any scum coordination because it's like a spy constantly watching on them and the Angel can just ditch the Ghosts by saying who they are if any sort of coordination occurred. If Orphan Kid follows Teacher, he will be able to join to conversation. Orphan Kid will be anonymous. Orphan Kid will see the Teach as visits the target. How does this work? If the Orphan Kid acts during the night and the Teacher (logically) acts during the Day, wouldn't they be too late to join the conversation? I think the Orphan Kid should instead be able to access the night chat when it's done and closed, at the start of day. If you really want the Orphan Kid to be able to join the conversation, then a suggestion is to ditch the thing at night and instead make it a separate day action in which the Orphan Kid can attempt to look for the teacher. That way they can join in on the Teacher's conversation and at the same time able to use their original night action without there being a mess with this mechanic. Here's an example. Special Mechanics: Orphan Kid and Teacher Orphan Kid can follow someone during day, if it's the Teacher then the Orphan Kid will join the conversation anonymously. Ghosts has to kill Ghost Hunter and additinoal 3 townies to win the game. Town and Ghost Hunter has to get rid of Ghosts in order to win this game. And now something different. What happens in the scenario when Ghosts and the Town both wins? Junior Ghost is dead and 3 Townies are dead in this made up scenario. Ghost Hunter shoots the Senior Ghost and the Vigilante shoots the Ghost Hunter. This makes it so that the Ghosts are dead but they still win as the conditions are met, but the Town also wins because the Ghosts are rid of. Suggestion : Make it so at least one member of the ghosts are alive for the Ghosts to win. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 27] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 15th, 2017 02:03 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town I screwed up the OoO since it s my first setup i think that s normal. At the Cryptonic's guide of FM jailor was having OoO at the first place, i really want to make it like Jailor's thing which i screwed up. Why would they? Angel is like survivor+spy, if ghosts wanna reveal themselves to Angel and if they trust to him, they may reveal themselves to Angel. It'll be upto Angel to wheter reveal them or not. That s one of the mechanics i meant to give angel after changing the system of it. But, it follows and if after all events happen and it starts to follow people, how would he know what happend to them lol. Teacher goes to talk with them at night, so if teacher has being stalked by orphan kid it should be normal to orphan kid to join them up. Here's an example. Special Mechanics: Orphan Kid and Teacher Orphan Kid can follow someone during day, if it's the Teacher then the Orphan Kid will join the conversation anonymously. I thought teacher as a night action thing, having chat with someone at night but it wont roleblock, but you havea point that if it doesnt roleblock then it has to be day action. I'll just make teacher be able to roleblock someone at night or make it day action as you said but it will be kinda confusing cause it ll be just like whispering so i would rather Teacher will speak to someone at night and will roleblock the person he s talking to. And for the W.C. I thought i added that, but I didnt lol let me fix that real quick RLVG -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 28] Auteur : deathworlds Date : September 19th, 2017 10:51 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Please confirm the following: The Orphan Kid's ability is now a day action, so they can properly join the conversation, correct? Does the teacher chat function so that the teacher is anonymous? What about the kid if he joins the conversation? More tomorrow -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 29] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 20th, 2017 07:07 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Please confirm the following: The Orphan Kid's ability is now a day action, so they can properly join the conversation, correct? Does the teacher chat function so that the teacher is anonymous? What about the kid if he joins the conversation? More tomorrow tbh, i m thinking about it but i wanna make orphan kid as an lo+det role so i will just make teacher is like an jailor but it visits the target and make target visits teacher. When Orphan kid will follow teacher he ll be able to join the conversation. Tho IMO to orphan kid act earlier than every role is much better and makes more sense since he ll just track people and see what are they doing and who are visitng the target. Or else the orphan kid is just ridicilous to know how they ll visit or get visited by someone, so assume that as LO+Det role tracks teacher so he ll know that there s something going on. That's the logic i was thinking of. But if you find it ridicilous i will remove this mechanic from teacher and orphan kid and make it straight up Teacher only talks and orphan kid only know who visit his target and who did his target visit. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 30] Auteur : deathworlds Date : September 20th, 2017 10:44 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town More Questions, for simplicity sake, please address these one paragraph/line at a time, it'll make the review process much easier. Does the nurse heal all attacks inflicted upon the target or just one? The Orphan Kid and Teacher mechanic seems unnecessary, and almost unworkable, I suggest it is scrapped. The orphan kid being a lookout/detective combination, while the teacher being a psuedo-architect should be fine. The Teacher's ability is stated as a night action, however, it's impossible to create a chat during the same phase the action is submitted. I suggest edits to the role card are made to specifically state that it is a day action, which creates the chat during the night. If the Police targets someone that is attacked by the vigilante or Ghost Hunter, do both the Police and the other TPR die? Does the orphan kid know exactly whom visited his target and whom his target visited? Is the information mixed up some how? The Order of Operations must be changed in order to reflect changes made on other roles. Format Concern: There is no feedback section, I strongly recommend you preconstruct feedback in order to reduce the amount of confusion for the players and reduce chance of host error. Be sure to put this game up on the queue if you are interested in hosting! As a first time host, I will guarantee you will have a signups up as soon as possible once you are on the queue. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 31] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 21st, 2017 06:00 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town More Questions, for simplicity sake, please address these one paragraph/line at a time, it'll make the review process much easier. Does the nurse heal all attacks inflicted upon the target or just one? The Orphan Kid and Teacher mechanic seems unnecessary, and almost unworkable, I suggest it is scrapped. The orphan kid being a lookout/detective combination, while the teacher being a psuedo-architect should be fine. The Teacher's ability is stated as a night action, however, it's impossible to create a chat during the same phase the action is submitted. I suggest edits to the role card are made to specifically state that it is a day action, which creates the chat during the night. If the Police targets someone that is attacked by the vigilante or Ghost Hunter, do both the Police and the other TPR die? Does the orphan kid know exactly whom visited his target and whom his target visited? Is the information mixed up some how? The Order of Operations must be changed in order to reflect changes made on other roles. Format Concern: There is no feedback section, I strongly recommend you preconstruct feedback in order to reduce the amount of confusion for the players and reduce chance of host error. Be sure to put this game up on the queue if you are interested in hosting! As a first time host, I will guarantee you will have a signups up as soon as possible once you are on the queue. Just one, like in the mod yeah i ll do it like that, tho didn't get thatpseudo-artchitect thing Hmm, that seems reasonable and makes sense, so i will make that as an day acting role but the real act will be in at night Yup, that s the most of the point vig tbh, to make fail kills OR to find Angel. Tho vigilante will only have 1 bullet to shoot so it wont be a problem. Yeah Orphan kid does know the target's target and the visitors exact name, but if it seems unfair i will only make him able to see who did his target visit as exact person and visitors as only roles Yes i know that, i still havent touched it cause of IRL reasons i just didnt have time to do that. But i will fix that OoO but who am i gonna preconstruct feedback to? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 32] Auteur : deathworlds Date : September 21st, 2017 05:10 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town but who am i gonna preconstruct feedback to? Preconstructed feedback is a dedicated section on the setup that specifically states all feedback that can be received. For example, please look at the following feedback section from MattZed's Mafia Wars (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/32565-S-FM-Mafia-Wars) No Feedback: No Feedback. FBI Agent/Mole: You recruited XXX as a mole. Their role is now xxx. You failed to recruit a mole. You have become a mole. Mole You retain any powers you previously had. You share a factional arrest (night kill) with the FBI Agent. You cannot arrest anyone if you were recruited the previous night. You cannot perform any other night actions if you perform the factional arrest. You share a night chat with the FBI Agent. (Link) You also have an anonymous night chat with the Lucianos. (Link) Lucianos: You have chosen xxx as your secondary role. Beguiler: You have X hidings left. Janitor: You have sanitized XXX. Their role and alignment was xxx. Their last will was: -insert last will here- You may sanitize X more times. You have sanitized XXX. Their role and alignment was xxx. They left no last will. You may sanitize X more times. Tailor: You have X tailorings remaining. Underboss: Your target's role is xxx. Godfather: You have revealed yourself as the Godfather! Kidnapper: You have kidnapped XXX. For tonight, you have a night chat with them. (Link) You have been kidnapped! For tonight, you have a night chat with your kidnapper. (Link) You have executed your kidnapped victim. You may not execute again. Agent: Your target visited or was visited by the following people: All possible feedback that can be received is put into a spoiler, with all feedback being sorted by what role they are associated with. Creating one of these feedback sections will make it impossible for players to mechanically confirm themselves based on the feedback they receive, reduce the possibility of host error, and make it clear what roles produce feedback. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 33] Auteur : Iced_Monopoly Date : September 27th, 2017 02:44 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Hybrid -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 34] Auteur : Hybrid Date : September 27th, 2017 10:28 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Hybrid I' m having IRL things so can t really focus on that, tomorrow i will look in that. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 35] Auteur : Hybrid Date : October 1st, 2017 09:22 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Now, I'll look into my setup tomorrow if nothing happens but, but I still didn't get what that feedback thing is so may i just modify my save for the last time andtry to get it host it? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 36] Auteur : Iced_Monopoly Date : October 1st, 2017 02:41 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Sure. You can always add the feedback section while signups are on anyways. The feedback is essentially looking at each possible role and thinking "okay, if someone gets this role to visit someone/ gets visited by someone, what would i pm the player during the night?" And you write out every interaction for every role. Even citizen which would get only something like "nothing happened tonight" or "you died". Then you publish all those messages on your setup, that way people know what to expect and problems dont arise with discrepancies that may be used to mechanically solve the game -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 37] Auteur : Hybrid Date : October 3rd, 2017 12:54 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Major Changes: Orphan kid is now regular detective+lookout role Teacher now can have a day chat between townies. Vigilante can kill Senior Ghost and Junior Ghost at night now. When Police guards his target, and the attacker is Ghost, Ghost will die. Ghost Hunter now has only 1 chance to kill person. Now he can reveal at day which will make him have investigating 2 times at a night. Added Tie Circumstances. Added additional Town dying to win in Ghost Wining Circumstances. Minor Changes Doctor information chart update. Nothing changed about the role. OoO remade.(still might have fucked up that, i kinda copied 8-2-2 stay classy Added some more rules. Well this was my last change about my setup. No more updates will come and it looks like a legit game mode of mafia tbh. So let it be like this. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 38] Auteur : Iced_Monopoly Date : October 3rd, 2017 02:42 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town putting this onto the queue. Can you take a final look at the changes for approval deathworlds -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 39] Auteur : Iced_Monopoly Date : October 11th, 2017 04:42 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Hybrid Major Changes: Orphan kid is now regular detective+lookout role Teacher now can have a day chat between townies. Vigilante can kill Senior Ghost and Junior Ghost at night now. When Police guards his target, and the attacker is Ghost, Ghost will die. Ghost Hunter now has only 1 chance to kill person. Now he can reveal at day which will make him have investigating 2 times at a night. Added Tie Circumstances. Added additional Town dying to win in Ghost Wining Circumstances. Minor Changes Doctor information chart update. Nothing changed about the role. OoO remade.(still might have fucked up that, i kinda copied 8-2-2 stay classy Added some more rules. Well this was my last change about my setup. No more updates will come and it looks like a legit game mode of mafia tbh. So let it be like this. Just confirming that you now want the teacher chat action to be submitted at night, to then be accessible during the day, instead of the recommended 'submitted at day to be accessed at night' Police Officer should die as well as the ghost if he is going to have the capacity to kill the ghost. Town already has enough potential night killing actions + lynch (Dont forget to update this on the setup) and youre eliminating 50% of the confirmed scum team. Can remove teacher/citizen from OoO, dont need to know about roles that do nothing Setup still states that ghosts cant be killed by anyone but Ghost hunter, but your proposed changes list that vigi can kill ghosts. Just confirming that junior ghost is still undetectable to ghost hunter when he reveals for double investigation. Recommend keeping ghosts immune to vigilante. Just confirming Mafia cant reveal themselves to angel in night chat, but angel can reveal themselves to mafia? Recommend changing tie mechanics to something simple like Angel > Mafia > Town You are approved to post signups, pending the confirmation and update of these changes. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 40] Auteur : Hybrid Date : October 12th, 2017 06:07 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Hybrid Just confirming that you now want the teacher chat action to be submitted at night, to then be accessible during the day, instead of the recommended 'submitted at day to be accessed at night' Police Officer should die as well as the ghost if he is going to have the capacity to kill the ghost. Town already has enough potential night killing actions + lynch (Dont forget to update this on the setup) and youre eliminating 50% of the confirmed scum team. Can remove teacher/citizen from OoO, dont need to know about roles that do nothing Setup still states that ghosts cant be killed by anyone but Ghost hunter, but your proposed changes list that vigi can kill ghosts. Just confirming that junior ghost is still undetectable to ghost hunter when he reveals for double investigation. Recommend keeping ghosts immune to vigilante. Just confirming Mafia cant reveal themselves to angel in night chat, but angel can reveal themselves to mafia? Recommend changing tie mechanics to something simple like Angel > Mafia > Town You are approved to post signups, pending the confirmation and update of these changes. Yes, it ll be submitted at night but will work on day done. oh right done. done fixed yes, he is undetectable to ghost hunter Done Yes, that's out of the game's rules. Hmm, yeah that s probably better. A'rite i think that's it. As soon as you pm me that confirming my changes, i will open up my sign ups. Iced_Monopoly -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 41] Auteur : Quick Date : October 13th, 2017 05:50 AM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Why wouldn't Angel want access to Ghost chat? I feel like it should just be automatic??? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 42] Auteur : Hybrid Date : October 13th, 2017 12:27 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town Why wouldn't Angel want access to Ghost chat? I feel like it should just be automatic??? think, it s my miss-gramar. He ll join the chat lol. or it ll. Sorry about the confusion. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 43] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : October 22nd, 2017 03:50 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town What’s the purpose of the ghost hunter being it’s own faction? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 44] Auteur : Otakudweeb69 Date : October 22nd, 2017 05:38 PM Title : Re: S-FM Haunted Town What’s the purpose of the ghost hunter being it’s own faction? Because although hunter and town win together the ghosts have to eliminate the hunter but not all the towns -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-