* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : S-FM: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43635 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 19th, 2018 11:39 PM Title : S-FM: Werewolf Citizen Citizen Citizen Hidden Hidden Hidden Hidden Werewolf Bite a player at night. Choose between death and conversion. Citizens only can be converted Citizen Can be turned into a minion. Minion Ally of werewolf. Priest Prevents conversion Hunter One shot kill at night. Lunatic Check player at night, Sees Town as Werewolf and the Werewolf as town. Tl;dr naive sheriff Lookout See all visitors on your target Doctor Heals target if attacked Sheriff check a player at night. Sees if target is werewolf or Town. Can detect minions Feed back is hidden OoO: Lookout Werewolf Doctor - Affects kills Priest - Affects conversion Hunter Lunatic Win Condition: Werewolf: convert/kill all town; have yourself or a minion survive to the end. Town: kill all werewolves and minions Minion wins ties Mechanics: Day/night: 48/24 hrs Majority lynch No nightchats The Minion is considered a possible town power role If the werewolf dies and a minion is alive. The minion will become a werewolf Werewolves are capped at having two minions recruited. Codes of conduct; No OOG communication Don’t directly quote your rolecards Don’t personally attack other players -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Gerik Date : December 20th, 2018 07:44 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Werewolf Bite a player at night. Choose between death and conversation. Citizens only can be converted So... Come here often? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : creedkingsx Date : December 20th, 2018 10:36 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Minions should be red. Lunatics are neutral? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Cryptonic Date : December 20th, 2018 10:49 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Who wins ties, town or minions -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Banshis Date : December 20th, 2018 11:49 AM Title : Re: S-FM: So... Come here often? Exactly what I thought. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 20th, 2018 12:40 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Minions should be red. Lunatics are neutral? I am not changing the color of either role just because they are both town roles even tho minion cannot win with town. Who wins ties, town or minions Minion win ties -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : creedkingsx Date : December 20th, 2018 01:47 PM Title : Re: S-FM: I am not changing the color of either role just because they are both town roles even tho minion cannot win with town. Minion win ties That doesnt sound like a town role. If their win con is to kill the werewolf and minions and both the roles win specifically not in that situation... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 20th, 2018 04:09 PM Title : Re: S-FM: That doesnt sound like a town role. If their win con is to kill the werewolf and minions and both the roles win specifically not in that situation... That’s fine. The wincondition kid both roles are clearly stated -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Kenny Date : December 20th, 2018 04:15 PM Title : Re: S-FM: [COLOR="#ff0000"] Win Condition: Werewolf: convert/kill all town; have yourself or a minion survive to the end. Town: kill all werewolves and minions Minion wins ties I am not changing the color of either role just because they are both town roles even tho minion cannot win with town. Minion win ties That’s fine. The wincondition kid both roles are clearly stated So minions have to kill themselves to win? Because they are town? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 20th, 2018 05:29 PM Title : Re: S-FM: The win conditions for minions are clearly stated. But for extra clarity. No. Minions win with werewolves and win ties against town. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : Kenny Date : December 20th, 2018 05:42 PM Title : Re: S-FM: The win conditions for minions are clearly stated. But for extra clarity. No. Minions win with werewolves and win ties against town.So they have the werewolf wincon, they do not have the town wincon, they win ties against the town, but they themselves actually are town -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 20th, 2018 05:58 PM Title : Re: S-FM: It is a similar concept to mafia traitor -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : creedkingsx Date : December 20th, 2018 06:31 PM Title : Re: S-FM: You understand this doesnt have to be this confusing, right? Lmfao literally just treat it like a cultist/jester (post executioner failure). -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : Kenny Date : December 20th, 2018 06:53 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Bite a player at night. Choose between death and conversation. Citizens only can be converted Is "Citizens only can be converted" supposed to mean everyone can be converted, but only power roles can be killed? Or should it be the opposite? Mainly asking because the citizen rolecard specifically mentions "can be turned into a minion" but others don't -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 20th, 2018 07:08 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Is "Citizens only can be converted" supposed to mean everyone can be converted, but only power roles can be killed? Or should it be the opposite? Mainly asking because the citizen rolecard specifically mentions "can be turned into a minion" but others don't Only citizens can be converted -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : Cryptonic Date : December 20th, 2018 07:18 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Is "Citizens only can be converted" supposed to mean everyone can be converted, but only power roles can be killed? Or should it be the opposite? Mainly asking because the citizen rolecard specifically mentions "can be turned into a minion" but others don't Lol ur such a dick -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 17] Auteur : Slaol Date : December 23rd, 2018 11:36 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Explain lunatic -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 18] Auteur : creedkingsx Date : December 23rd, 2018 11:40 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Explain lunatic Jester -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 19] Auteur : Slaol Date : December 23rd, 2018 11:41 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Jester I need more than that -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 20] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 23rd, 2018 11:50 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Insane sheriff tied with jester. Purpose of the role is to impact the mindset of depending on sheriff claims and provide additional challenge to town so they can’t just Lynch one and done. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 21] Auteur : Cryptonic Date : December 23rd, 2018 11:51 PM Title : Re: S-FM: Insane sheriff tied with jester. Purpose of the role is to impact the mindset of depending on sheriff claims and provide additional challenge to town so they can’t just Lynch one and done. but sheriff isn't possible :( -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 22] Auteur : Slaol Date : December 23rd, 2018 11:53 PM Title : Re: S-FM: but sheriff isn't possible :( Damus_Graves This is what im getting at -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 23] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 24th, 2018 12:00 AM Title : Re: S-FM: are you suggesting that I remove the role? I can definitely do that since werewolf has a cult mechanic as well as killing. My inital thought was that town was a bit strong so that’s why I had it in the setup -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 24] Auteur : Slaol Date : December 24th, 2018 12:13 AM Title : Re: S-FM: are you suggesting that I remove the role? I can definitely do that since werewolf has a cult mechanic as well as killing. My inital thought was that town was a bit strong so that’s why I had it in the setup You need to just kind of clean it up and make sure its fluid. Like sheriff needs to be in game... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 25] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 24th, 2018 12:18 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Bet -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 26] Auteur : Slaol Date : December 24th, 2018 08:38 AM Title : Re: S-FM: The Hunter to Lunatic mechanic is not good in its current form. The Town losing 2 players because of a night action is not balanced. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 27] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 24th, 2018 08:49 AM Title : Re: S-FM: The Hunter to Lunatic mechanic is not good in its current form. The Town losing 2 players because of a night action is not balanced. Would removing the jester aspect of the role better suit the game? Im concerned about Sheriff check breaking the game. Could add that Sheriff does not know if lunatic or not and change hunter to a one shot instead. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 28] Auteur : Slaol Date : December 24th, 2018 09:02 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Would removing the jester aspect of the role better suit the game? Im concerned about Sheriff check breaking the game. Could add that Sheriff does not know if lunatic or not and change hunter to a one shot instead. Reverse sheriff is better than fully insane sheriff, but consider making each one unique if there is a sheriff/hunter>sheriff occurance so one may be sane and the other insane. Removing jester would be good. Ive wanted to use an insane sheriff who didnt know he was evil for some time but having it go from town to anti town is imba. Especially when the game is already doing that. Hunter>some sheriff means it loses a town, gets a weaker night action, and needs 2 nights to figure itself out. Thats plenty a nerf imo. No need for it to change alignment -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 29] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : December 24th, 2018 09:14 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Adjusted lunatic to reverse sheriff. Do you see any other issues? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 30] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : January 6th, 2019 01:18 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Marshmallow Marshall If I can this approved we can add it to the queue. Do you see any adjustment needing to be made -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 31] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 6th, 2019 03:27 AM Title : Re: S-FM: I feel like the werewolf is very likely to win this because of the unlimited amount of conversions per game. I think capping it at 3 is a good idea, because else, if the Werewolf(s) are good at finding who's citizen, they can just... convert forever, even if the minions die. If 3 towns are converted, town is in a very bad position anyway, and it would allow for more interesting LYLO plays IMO. That's all I see that could be adjusted, the other stuff is neat. Questions for clarity: - If doctor successfully heals, who gets feedback (if anyone gets any)? - Does the Lunatic know that he's a Lunatic, or does he think he's a Sheriff? If he does know it... why does the role exist, without wanting to be an asshole? Damus_Graves -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 32] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : January 6th, 2019 03:30 AM Title : Re: S-FM: I feel like the werewolf is very likely to win this because of the unlimited amount of conversions per game. I think capping it at 3 is a good idea, because else, if the Werewolf(s) are good at finding who's citizen, they can just... convert forever, even if the minions die. If 3 towns are converted, town is in a very bad position anyway, and it would allow for more interesting LYLO plays IMO. That's all I see that could be adjusted, the other stuff is neat. Questions for clarity: - If doctor successfully heals, who gets feedback (if anyone gets any)? - Does the Lunatic know that he's a Lunatic, or does he think he's a Sheriff? If he does know it... why does the role exist, without wanting to be an asshole? Damus_Graves I’ve capped at two max recruits. Doctor gets successful heal feedback Lunatic role does not know if lunatic Lunatic role is basically naive sheriff and I love the role -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 33] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 6th, 2019 03:32 AM Title : Re: S-FM: I’ve capped at two max recruits. Doctor gets successful heal feedback Lunatic role does not know if lunatic Lunatic role is basically naive sheriff and I love the role Oh, I had misunderstood it as "two recruits cap at the same time". My bad. K Makes sense lol That does too. Maybe write it on the setup though because it's not 100% clear :P -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 34] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : January 6th, 2019 03:47 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Oh, I had misunderstood it as "two recruits cap at the same time". My bad. K Makes sense lol That does too. Maybe write it on the setup though because it's not 100% clear :P Boom -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 35] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 6th, 2019 04:02 AM Title : Re: S-FM: Setup approved -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-