* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : International servers with 400-600ms latency hosted on Americas region https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41462 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : PQRnHack Date : December 30th, 2017 09:50 AM Title : International servers with 400-600ms latency hosted on Americas region Lately I've found a couple of regulars who must reside in Asia, since when they host, the server is chosen to be Singapore. Although I have also had one friend in the USA in a different SC2 game who had his option preference set to Singapore by mistake :) On one hand, it is good that we get some international players interested in the game and playing on the Americas region. On the other hand, I expect majority of players on the Americas region to be from North or South America, so I find it unfair to them and to myself to have to play on some 1 player's preferred Singapore server because s/he hosted the game. I get anywhere between 400 and over 600 ms ping on Singapore. My NA pings range from 50 to 80 ms (from West to Central/East). Not only is it annoying to experience such delay from typing, but it becomes prohibitive when timing is of the essence, such as in a game I had yesterday with Judge and Marshall battling it out. I am also afraid I will get reported for role-quitting when I leave these games that I find hardly playable. I know it's mostly a text-based game, but try playing with 600-700 ms ping that I was having most days (today it's better, 400). I have asked these Singapore hosts to change their in-game preference (for Americas games they play) to set preferred server to one of the three North America options. That would make it fair to the majority of players, who are likely from NA or SA. However, my pleas are ignored. Thoughts? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : SuperJack Date : December 30th, 2017 12:15 PM Title : Re: International servers with 400-600ms latency hosted on Americas region Ethan... Is this on StarCraft 2 mod "Mafia?" A lot of players already come from over the world, you will find the EU community had migrated to the US. I had no idea that the game selected certain servers when playing, how do you detect this and how do you find out where X game is being hosted? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : PQRnHack Date : December 30th, 2017 01:59 PM Title : Re: International servers with 400-600ms latency hosted on Americas region I had 2 EU people in a lobby with me, one of them gave me their latency info. It is reasonable and compatible with NA players (not singapore). See attached. BTW when I asked what server they had in preferences, he said he had no clue about this setting so i had to coach him to go check it. He just had it on Best Match, which is the default. He said his Best Match evaluated to NA - East, which makes sense since he is from Europe. My original complaint is not an issue for EU players, since their Best Match evaluates to NA servers anyway. I am a Zealot Hockey player, where people complain over West vs Central vs East (20-30 ms difference). Mafia is not affected to the same extent, since it's not a Micro game, but i sure as hell won't play 600ms games on Singapore servers. 24031 24030 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Mugy Date : December 30th, 2017 03:22 PM Title : Re: International servers with 400-600ms latency hosted on Americas region Geographically, singapore shouldn't be that slow... It's comparable to Australia and should be around 200ms... Perhaps there's some weird routing going on. However this is completely controlled by Blizzard. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : December 31st, 2017 08:54 AM Title : Re: International servers with 400-600ms latency hosted on Americas region Ethan... Is this on StarCraft 2 mod "Mafia?" A lot of players already come from over the world, you will find the EU community had migrated to the US. I had no idea that the game selected certain servers when playing, how do you detect this and how do you find out where X game is being hosted? Ctrl + Alt + F = Seeing your ping, server etc. It's a system thing, not blizzard only. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : PQRnHack Date : December 31st, 2017 08:07 PM Title : Re: International servers with 400-600ms latency hosted on Americas region I am playing a game on Australia right now, my ping is 380 to 400 ms here. Singapore was about the same yesterday, but days ago it shot up to over 600 ms. Probably something fluctuates day to day. I have 1000 Mbps cable connection. Located in Western US. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : Mugy Date : December 31st, 2017 08:16 PM Title : Re: International servers with 400-600ms latency hosted on Americas region Strange... I get 190-230ms to US west from Australia. Possibly worth posting on the official starcraftII technical support forums for, this isn't limited to just Mafia. They'll probably ask you to run a traceroute or something to solve the problem, this is outside of our scope. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-