* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : CLASSIC S-FM: Black Flag Nightless (10P) https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32880 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : deathworlds Date : August 31st, 2015 10:50 PM Title : CLASSIC S-FM: Black Flag Nightless (10P) Original Setup (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Black_Flag_Nightless) RP Irrelevent Role List Goon Goon Goon Citizen Citizen Citizen Citizen Citizen Citizen Citizen Goon You share a day chat with the other goons You have power in the vote You do not have a factional kill of any sort. Citizen You have power in the vote Special Mechanics None Mechanics Days last 48 hours or when a lynch occurs Nightless The Mafia share a day chat. Roles are revealed upon death No last will or death notes Lynches will be handled by the automated lynch system using [vote] tags, with a 51% hammer. If no lynch occurs then the player with the most votes will be lynched. If a tie in the votes exist, a random player that shares the highest vote will be lynched. Game starts day 1, with lynch. Suicide will not be allowed. OoO 1. Day start 2. Lynch 3. Day end 4. Repeat Win Conditions Mafia: Have 2 members survive to see only 3 Citizens alive. Town: Have 4 members survive to see only 1 Goon alive. To clarify, mafia loses when reduced to 1 member, and town loses when reduced to 3 members. The Ten Commandments Rules: 1. Any player may be modkilled or replaced at host's discretion 2. White Bold Text shall not be used by mere mortals, this text shall be used only by me. 3. English shall be the only language used. 4. Do not post links to other websites. 5. Offensive videos/pictures shall not be tolerated. 6. Excessive insulting is not allowed. 7. Thou who edit or delete thine post shall be smited. 8. Directly quoting any PM's or Feedback by me is forbidden. 9. Usage of invisible ink is not allowed. 10. Communicating with players or through third parties about the game is strictly forbidden -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Slaol Date : August 31st, 2015 11:00 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Town needs 6/7 of their members to vote a Goon for the Goon to be lynched. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : deathworlds Date : August 31st, 2015 11:07 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Town needs 6/7 of their members to vote a Goon for the Goon to be lynched. Fixing in accordiance to the original game... EDIT: Fixed by enforcing a manditory lynch via plurality vote. If there is tie, a player between all tying players will be randomly lynched. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : MattZed Date : September 1st, 2015 01:31 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Who wins if Mafia and Town go down to 1 and 3 with a tied-vote lynch? Hot damn I just computed the probabilities and there's exactly a 50-50 chance of either side winning with random lynches. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : deathworlds Date : September 1st, 2015 01:50 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Who wins if Mafia and Town go down to 1 and 3 with a tied-vote lynch? Hot damn I just computed the probabilities and there's exactly a 50-50 chance of either side winning with random lynches. That scenario is impossible, because the game would of ended before then. And yes, mafiascum mathmatitions calculated winrates via random lynching to be equal. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : MattZed Date : September 1st, 2015 01:53 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless That scenario is impossible, because the game would of ended before then. And yes, mafiascum mathmatitions calculated winrates via random lynching to be equal. I mean a situation where there's a 4v2 and then the lynch mechanic causes a tied vote to lynch one town and one mafia. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : deathworlds Date : September 1st, 2015 01:55 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless I mean a situation where there's a 4v2 and then the lynch mechanic causes a tied vote to lynch one town and one mafia. Tied vote to lynch would result in only 1 player being lynched. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : MattZed Date : September 1st, 2015 01:58 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Tied vote to lynch would result in only 1 player being lynched. My mistake; misread. We should just have a month where every game is a nightless setup. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : September 1st, 2015 03:48 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless My mistake; misread. We should just have a month where every game is a nightless setup. Pair this with Fableblood Twovern -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : MattZed Date : August 2nd, 2016 01:31 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless deathworlds, I'm ready to approve this for signups. If you can't host now, I'm approving Calix's game for our first game off of the vanilla queue. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : deathworlds Date : August 2nd, 2016 11:45 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless deathworlds, I'm ready to approve this for signups. If you can't host now,'s game for our first game off of the vanilla queue. Yeah I can host. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : MattZed Date : August 2nd, 2016 02:06 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Yeah I can host. Approved for signups! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : deathworlds Date : November 21st, 2016 06:01 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Changelog: 11/21/2016: -Added a one time charge of the Goon's being able to manipulate the lynch, lynching a target of their choice instead of whomever. -Added back to workshop, ready for review! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : deathworlds Date : December 14th, 2016 10:09 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Approved for signups! You may post signups whenever you're ready! deathworlds -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : deathworlds Date : December 14th, 2016 10:10 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Approved for signups! You may post signups whenever you're ready! deathworlds Of course, I'll get right on it! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 14th, 2016 10:31 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless :/ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 17] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 14th, 2016 11:09 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless I don't know what are the scum/town ratio is more balanced in this site blitz games but 3 goons against 7 citizen in a night-less games would be counted inappropriate in mafia scum (with long deadlines the way its there) so yeah this might be ok after all. I'm really interested to see how this game will be played. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 18] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 15th, 2016 04:53 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless town currently needs to lynch 3 scum - and they have 3 mis lynch chance maybe removing 1 citizen makes it more fair -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 19] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 15th, 2016 05:02 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless actually nevermind that I just realized 4v3 is a mafia win already because of the lynch manipulation thingi. but town needs to lynch 2 scum so its now 2 mislynch options and 2 lynch targets. its better than 3/3 but still , in a night-less game mafia needs a boost so maybe force town to lynch all 3 scums to win the game. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 20] Auteur : deathworlds Date : December 15th, 2016 05:49 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless actually nevermind that I just realized 4v3 is a mafia win already because of the lynch manipulation thingi. but town needs to lynch 2 scum so its now 2 mislynch options and 2 lynch targets. its better than 3/3 but still , in a night-less game mafia needs a boost so maybe force town to lynch all 3 scums to win the game. This game is balanced and true, no edits shall be made right before game is hosted. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 21] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 15th, 2016 09:39 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless But why not -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 22] Auteur : deathworlds Date : December 15th, 2016 09:59 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless But why not Because the game was already determined to be slightly townsided last time it was hosted, adjustments were made to make the game slightly easier for scum. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 23] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 15th, 2016 10:07 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless the last game had this? "mafia loses when reduced to 1 member, and town loses when reduced to 3 members." I do agree the game seems balanced , I just don't understand why your adding such an end gamer -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 24] Auteur : deathworlds Date : December 15th, 2016 10:38 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless the last game had this? "mafia loses when reduced to 1 member, and town loses when reduced to 3 members." I do agree the game seems balanced , I just don't understand why your adding such an end gamer The original setup had that in the first place, lol. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 25] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 15th, 2016 11:02 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless The original setup had that in the first place, lol. But why it had it in the first place -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 26] Auteur : deathworlds Date : December 15th, 2016 11:09 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless But why it had it in the first place Because that's how the setup was designed? It's meant to provide a 50% winrate through random lynching. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 27] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 15th, 2016 11:35 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Because that's how the setup was designed? It's meant to provide a 50% winrate through random lynching. A fair game - specially a nightless one gives scums a boost cause People are not robots. but if you want math removing one citizen (assuming everything is random and this won't be use as a tell for scum hunting - which is a faulty assumption from the core) the game is 6 v 3. Goons need to get 3 town lynched. town needs to get two scums down. The chance of town win is = 1/12 + 2(1/14) + 3(5/84) = 0/08 + 0.14 + 0/17 = 0.39 so if thats your way for measuring balance your game is so scum sided. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 28] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 15th, 2016 11:40 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless My point is that percentage means absolutely nothing - as random lynching in games must be prohibited and extremely fraud upon. but meh, I will keep my bad feeling about this to myself. It just feels bad, maybe just because its a nightless. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 29] Auteur : Frozen Angel Date : December 16th, 2016 12:00 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless in case of random lynch in your 7v3 version : (town will win with 2 scum lynch/ scum will win with 4 town lynch) town win rate = 1/15 + 2(7/120) + 3(1/20) + 4(1/24) = 0.51 you actually calculated this didn't you? :D our definitions of balance are very different but wow I respect your mathematical calculations -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 30] Auteur : deathworlds Date : August 16th, 2017 11:43 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless deathworlds I'd like to host this again -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 31] Auteur : deathworlds Date : August 16th, 2017 11:44 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless deathworlds I'd like to host this again Hmmm, seems alright! Approved! Mesk514 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 32] Auteur : Mesk514 Date : August 16th, 2017 11:45 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless READY FOR SIGN UPS LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 33] Auteur : deathworlds Date : August 16th, 2017 11:45 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Hold up, lemmie put it in the queue first. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 34] Auteur : deathworlds Date : August 16th, 2017 11:50 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Hold up, lemmie put it in the queue first. You may post signups! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 35] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : February 19th, 2018 07:07 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Bump? Can't get into hosting atm, but this setup is kinda nice :D By the way, I plan to start hosting stuff on summer since I don't work on that period. Can't promise you anything though. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 36] Auteur : SuperJack Date : February 20th, 2018 02:12 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Bump? Can't get into hosting atm, but this setup is kinda nice :D By the way, I plan to start hosting stuff on summer since I don't work on that period. Can't promise you anything though. Deal. This game will be held after Which which. Sign ups will open after the first day of both which which -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 37] Auteur : SuperJack Date : February 20th, 2018 02:14 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Would also like to note, if you wish to host, but don't have the time. You can always co-host (Multiple hosts for one game) that way you will get to host, but have back up for any situations. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 38] Auteur : Noz_Bugz Date : February 22nd, 2018 02:04 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless If I had a clue about hosting I would host this... and if I had time. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 39] Auteur : SuperJack Date : February 22nd, 2018 02:17 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless If I had a clue about hosting I would host this... and if I had time. If you ever fancy hosting anything, let me know. I can even offer assistance and answer any hosting questions if needed ^^ Feel free to create your own setup with your own unique flavour ^^ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 40] Auteur : Blinkykannn07 Date : March 1st, 2018 10:16 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless If you ever fancy hosting anything, let me know. I can even offer assistance and answer any hosting questions if needed ^^ Feel free to create your own setup with your own unique flavour ^^ can i create a unique setup too? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 41] Auteur : SuperJack Date : March 1st, 2018 11:00 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless can i create a unique setup too? Yes. -anyone- can create a setup. It will just need to be check by FM staff before you can post sign ups. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 42] Auteur : Noz_Bugz Date : March 1st, 2018 11:08 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Yes. -anyone- can create a setup. It will just need to be check by FM staff before you can post sign ups. I have ideas, just shit ideas for a setup. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 43] Auteur : SuperJack Date : March 1st, 2018 12:51 PM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless I have ideas, just shit ideas for a setup. They work. ^^ can always work together to make it work :p -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 44] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : April 17th, 2019 06:58 AM Title : Re: Black Flag Nightless Bump =) I'm planning on finding a way to have this hosted. If you'd like to host it, tell me! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-