* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : Punitive meta https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44396 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : April 5th, 2019 05:28 PM Title : Punitive meta I got a question for all FM players. Do you think that we should, as a community, begin to apply a punitive meta? I'm talking here about the enforcement of policy lynches on the anti-town town-aligned players, who have a disruptive behavior. I am NOT talking about holding grudges against people, it would have to be done respectfully and on a game-by-game basis. I am not talking either about destroying playstyles or gambits. Simply, the clearly disruptive yet not criminal actions that harm town need to be dealt with, and I believe that it would be a good way to do so. Thoughts? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Cryptonic Date : April 5th, 2019 07:13 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta /sign If there is no better lynch, I could be convinced lol -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : Forum Mafia GM Date : April 5th, 2019 07:35 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta yes, please punish inactives with a d1 lynch -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : April 5th, 2019 07:58 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta yes, please punish inactives with a d1 lynch Nah, replace inactives. To have replaces, just host smaller setups. But that's another story... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Cryptonic Date : April 5th, 2019 08:26 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta yes, please punish inactives with a d1 lynch This is the most pro town thing to do, idk why ppl so against it -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Tauntshaman Date : April 6th, 2019 09:09 AM Title : Re: Punitive meta -vote for -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : Efekannn02 Date : April 6th, 2019 10:43 AM Title : Re: Punitive meta This is a totally Anti-Efekannn02 Thread lol -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : DJarJar Date : April 6th, 2019 05:56 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta Just host smaller setups. If you have to beg someone to sign for a game cuz you can’t fill it up, there’s just naturally going to be a decent chance that they are less interested in the game then you want them to be and hence end up afking. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : April 6th, 2019 09:03 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta Just host smaller setups. If you have to beg someone to sign for a game cuz you can’t fill it up, there’s just naturally going to be a decent chance that they are less interested in the game then you want them to be and hence end up afking. Yes, this is going to be done. However, this is not only about AFKs, but about general anti-town behavior. Being intentionally weird and confusing is underpunished (gameplay-wise) IMO. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Helz Date : April 12th, 2019 10:43 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta Every community kinda does this. Its just not usually intentionally. Go play on other sites and you will quickly find yourself being policy lynched for some things that make no sense. Then after you play there a while you learn how they view behaviors and they learn how to read the way you play. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : Date : April 12th, 2019 11:21 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta Tbh. I have no problem with most plays, I only really have a problem with inactives. They throw the quality of the game in the shitter, but unfortunately there is little that can be done about them. If you punish them they'll most likely end up not signing again, which is something that would kill the site LOL -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : April 13th, 2019 12:21 AM Title : Re: Punitive meta Every community kinda does this. Its just not usually intentionally. Go play on other sites and you will quickly find yourself being policy lynched for some things that make no sense. Then after you play there a while you learn how they view behaviors and they learn how to read the way you play. I know, I already did and am doing that literally right now, and see what you mean... but here, we have a problem with anti-town behaviors and, as Mag says, INACTIVES that we can't always replace. Yes, it's not intentional... usually. We can make it intentional, and that's the very point of this thread. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : DJarJar Date : April 13th, 2019 01:52 AM Title : Re: Punitive meta I know, I already did and am doing that literally right now, and see what you mean... but here, we have a problem with anti-town behaviors and, as Mag says, INACTIVES that we can't always replace. Yes, it's not intentional... usually. We can make it intentional, and that's the very point of this thread. that's what I am saying, make smaller setups so ppl who are going to be inactive don't feel pressured to join -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : yzb25 Date : April 13th, 2019 07:27 AM Title : Re: Punitive meta Can you be more specific about what sorts of "anti-town plays" you're referring to? This seems to be about more than inactivity. If you've got a particular player or play in mind, you might as well say it now rather than being coy. You'll have to be direct later anyway. Also, what do you intend we do? We already lynch players who are anti-town if there's no good suspects... right? Sorry if I'm missing some crucial context because I haven't played in 6 months XD -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : April 13th, 2019 08:54 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta Can you be more specific about what sorts of "anti-town plays" you're referring to? This seems to be about more than inactivity. If you've got a particular player or play in mind, you might as well say it now rather than being coy. You'll have to be direct later anyway. Also, what do you intend we do? We already lynch players who are anti-town if there's no good suspects... right? Sorry if I'm missing some crucial context because I haven't played in 6 months XD Lol this is not a sly attack at a player -_- And that's the issue: we're not doing it so much now, because of meta. Meta says that X player does this as town even if it's bad, so they live.... and that is the issue. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : Damus_Graves Date : May 11th, 2019 02:47 PM Title : Re: Punitive meta If you are not going to play. Don’t waste time. If there is doubt you won’t be able to commit. Don’t waste time. If you signed up to be a troll. Don’t waste time. It is impossible to play with inactives or with trolls. I suppose these lynches. You cannot send an entire game spamming Kingdom Hearts and “No you are a dumbass to suspect me this scum” as a strategy. That is anti fun. Part of the game is effective debate. “No you” doesn’t count as a defense and yet it is acceptable here. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-