* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : On Holiday Cheer https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40575 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Omegasaur Date : August 8th, 2017 05:49 PM Title : On Holiday Cheer I know that Holiday Cheer is a longstanding part of this site's culture, and it makes some of us smile when we see it. BUT In my humble opinion, having turkeys cascade down the screen is unprofessional and it dissuades new members who might want to join the forum community. I propose turning off Holiday Cheer by default for unregistered visitors and new users and letting users turn on Holiday Cheer if they'd like. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Mesk514 Date : August 8th, 2017 07:23 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer ....theres an option to turn it off in your settings -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : Omegasaur Date : August 8th, 2017 09:32 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer I'm totally aware of that, and I toggled that setting a while ago. I'm suggesting that holiday cheer should be off by default, for all visitors and new users who haven't gone into their settings to change it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Voss Date : August 8th, 2017 11:02 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer Visitors might make sense to me. It depends on what type of first impression sc2mafia wants to give to new users. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : August 9th, 2017 08:25 AM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer Visitors might make sense to me. It depends on what type of first impression sc2mafia wants to give to new users. T U R K E Y S -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Nawa Date : August 9th, 2017 10:30 AM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer is Holiday Cheer those hollow green squares -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : Omegasaur Date : August 9th, 2017 01:09 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer Holiday Cheer is the turkeys that constantly fall from the top of the screen -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : August 9th, 2017 01:51 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer If it's an issue, change the default of it to be off (if possible) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Omegasaur Date : August 9th, 2017 07:16 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer It's tough (probably impossible) to measure whether or not holiday cheer is actually causing issues with site membership and activity. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Otakudweeb69 Date : August 9th, 2017 08:44 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer How the grinch stole thanksgiving -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : Mesk514 Date : August 9th, 2017 08:45 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer my exact sentiments^ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : Apocist Date : August 9th, 2017 08:51 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer You monsters.... This is why Apo used to always turn off javascript. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : Otakudweeb69 Date : August 10th, 2017 04:31 AM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer Ok it's really starting to bother otakudweeb69 that you're talking in the third person Wow why did I ever decide to call myself this -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : Nawa Date : August 10th, 2017 05:55 AM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer I seriously don't see any turkeys falling down. I only see green hollow squares http://imgur.com/a/uAg8N -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : Apocist Date : August 10th, 2017 12:45 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer I seriously don't see any turkeys falling down. I only see green hollow squares http://imgur.com/a/uAg8N That would be a graphical error on your side. A blocker plugin of some kind? What OS and Browser + version are you using? Ok it's really starting to bother otakudweeb69 that you're talking in the third person Apo loves you too. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : Apocist Date : August 10th, 2017 12:53 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer I seriously don't see any turkeys falling down. I only see green hollow squares http://imgur.com/a/uAg8N Found it.. You might have having trouble if you can't load the font characters found here: http://www.iemoji.com/view/emoji/1861/animals-nature/turkey Btw... We love you guys: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/konami.js -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 17] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : August 10th, 2017 01:56 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer That would be a graphical error on your side. A blocker plugin of some kind? What OS and Browser + version are you using? Apo loves you too. Unknown appreciates Apo and wishes they continue <3 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 18] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : September 22nd, 2017 11:54 AM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer You monsters.... This is why Apo used to always turn off javascript. YOU ARE A SOULLESS MONSTER!!! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 19] Auteur : Nawa Date : September 22nd, 2017 02:16 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer YOU ARE A SOULLESS MONSTER!!! cats are actually humans punished fir their crimes -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 20] Auteur : Gyrlander Date : September 22nd, 2017 03:05 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer cats are actually humans punished fir their crimes My ass, my cat is an inmortal being who rules above everything and everyone. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 21] Auteur : Apocist Date : September 22nd, 2017 06:02 PM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer My ass, my cat is an inmortal being who rules above everything and everyone. exactly, they proved their worthiness of the position. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 22] Auteur : Nawa Date : September 23rd, 2017 01:03 AM Title : Re: On Holiday Cheer My ass, my cat is an inmortal being who rules above everything and everyone. shh, dont reveal the disguise of cats -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-