* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41999 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Supernoob Date : March 7th, 2018 12:58 AM Title : New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor Kinda random but I figured why not post this (BTW as serious as you can get with mafia) Malpracticing Doctor Neutral killing/Evil Choose one person each night to either save or Lobotomize Lobotomization turns the target into a stump who cannot talk (essentially killing them), protectives can stop a Lobotimizaion, is like blackmailer but the only message that come up on trial or when they try to talk is "*drool*", Saving the person is just like how a Doctor would save someone Win conditions: You must kill town Government roles (wont let you get license), Doctors (so people are forced to come to you), and Witch Doctors, Survive to the end of the game with these roles dead holy shit I cam up with this drunk and totally forgot about it lol, ty for all the input -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Arsonist Date : March 7th, 2018 01:58 AM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor Kinda random but I figured why not post this (BTW as serious as you can get with mafia) Malpracticing Doctor Neutral killing/Evil Choose one person each night to either save or Lobotomize Lobotomization turns the target into a stump who cannot talk (essentially killing them), protectives can stop a Lobotimizaion, is like blackmailer but the only message that come up on trial or when they try to talk is "*drool*", Saving the person is just like how a Doctor would save someone Win conditions: You must kill town Government roles (wont let you get license), Doctors (so people are forced to come to you), and Witch Doctors, Survive to the end of the game with these roles dead Good idea for a FM game and still don't follows conditions of Mafia. If it's neut killing, it should kill, converting temporary to stump is not killing. Saving - it's what neut killing shouldn't have, he don't side with mafia, he don't needs to heal someone. Conclusion: Aligiment should be just "Netural Evil", no killing, because it don't kills anyone. Stump can talk, just can't vote. Protectives can heal the stumping? This should be an option for role. It just turns into a worse version of auditor tbh. Should be more OP. EDIT: I just released it's in real life discussion, i throught this is a mafia role, not a job :D. (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/554-Research-and-Development-2-0) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : OzyWho Date : March 7th, 2018 09:18 AM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor No SC2Mafia role has the CHOICE between 2 different night actions. Might as well come up with roles that can choose between 10 different night actions. It will never happen. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Voss Date : March 7th, 2018 10:28 AM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor No SC2Mafia role has the CHOICE between 2 different night actions. Might as well come up with roles that can choose between 10 different night actions. It will never happen. arsonist. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : OzyWho Date : March 7th, 2018 10:49 AM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor arsonist. Good call... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : March 11th, 2018 11:08 AM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor No SC2Mafia role has the CHOICE between 2 different night actions. Might as well come up with roles that can choose between 10 different night actions. It will never happen. Hey, as long as it's not talking with the dead it's ok. Oh, and see the good side: it cannot kill 15 players in 1 night! xD Seriously though, it's: Overpowered hard for a NEvil, and hard to win with (OP because you can nearly kill people with that ability, and because you can heal, and hard to win with because you must survive AND kill specific targets). -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : Arsonist Date : March 11th, 2018 11:27 PM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor Hey, as long as it's not talking with the dead it's ok. Oh, and see the good side: it cannot kill 15 players in 1 night! xD Seriously though, it's: Overpowered hard for a NEvil, and hard to win with (OP because you can nearly kill people with that ability, and because you can heal, and hard to win with because you must survive AND kill specific targets). This role is netural KILLING, this is UNDERPOWERED. This role nearly kills. Nearly... More? Okay, this role has ability to heal, that's pretty usless for a netural killing. And why that's in real life discussion? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : Supernoob Date : March 11th, 2018 11:49 PM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor i meant for it to permenetly silence them, so would it just be a neut evil. I have a few more Ideas is this idea really lame or actually kinda good -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Arsonist Date : March 12th, 2018 01:40 AM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor i meant for it to permenetly silence them, so would it just be a neut evil. I have a few more Ideas is this idea really lame or actually kinda good :thinking: Okay, this one would be kinda OP, make it just turn into a stump, without blackmail. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : March 12th, 2018 11:57 AM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor :thinking: Okay, this one would be kinda OP, make it just turn into a stump, without blackmail. Then it's stupid auditor... but OP. This role doesn't have its place. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : Date : March 12th, 2018 12:11 PM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor I'm sorry to say this, because I have several new role ideas myself, but I'm afraid it's highly unlikely we'll get any new roles at this point... the map hasn't been updated with any new roles in over 4 years, and I don't see that changing any time soon. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : Date : March 12th, 2018 12:11 PM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor They might make it in the Narrator or on FM, yes, that's a very real possibility -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : DJarJar Date : March 12th, 2018 12:48 PM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor I don't really get the point of turning people into permanently silenced stumps. It's only possible for auditor to make himself stump as a joke. There is a reason that they are banned from being used in saves as an actual starting role. Most players would just quit the game as soon as you did this to them. I think it's an interesting idea though to create another neutral role that could somehow change the roles of townies. The healing thing would be bad for the meta. As it stands, people who claim Doc and don't have any confirmed heals are often mistrusted by the town and executed by jailors, vigs, and marshalls. Adding another evil role that can heal like the WD just adds to the likelihood of townies killing a real doctor. Giving this role the win condition of killing off the other doctors just further makes life harder for real docs. As it stands, doctor already gets rolequitted more often than any other role, so I really don't think anything should be created that nerfs it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : Arsonist Date : March 12th, 2018 11:09 PM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor I don't really get the point of turning people into permanently silenced stumps. It's only possible for auditor to make himself stump as a joke. There is a reason that they are banned from being used in saves as an actual starting role. Most players would just quit the game as soon as you did this to them. I think it's an interesting idea though to create another neutral role that could somehow change the roles of townies. The healing thing would be bad for the meta. As it stands, people who claim Doc and don't have any confirmed heals are often mistrusted by the town and executed by jailors, vigs, and marshalls. Adding another evil role that can heal like the WD just adds to the likelihood of townies killing a real doctor. Giving this role the win condition of killing off the other doctors just further makes life harder for real docs. As it stands, doctor already gets rolequitted more often than any other role, so I really don't think anything should be created that nerfs it. You forgot another way to make a stump - there's 2 players in SC2 mafia, that were stump-listed: HustleTrees {1-S2-1-1269107} (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/32455-HustleTrees-1-S2-1-1269107-part-3) Jasonluke {1-S2-1-783859} (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/31942-Jasonluke-1-S2-1-783859-blackhornet-Milkman-Shazokan-ATPSynthesis-(IDs-in-Post)) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : March 16th, 2018 06:40 PM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor May I request a mod to move that to R&D section? Unless the thread author is a malpracticing doctor IRL... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : Chalibluefin Date : March 26th, 2018 06:09 PM Title : Re: New Neutral role: Malpracticing Doctor "Hur durrrrrrrr. sounds like a good idea for Forum mafia" -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-