PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Mode and other ideas

Kaldra
April 24th, 2011, 12:53 PM
So I have been thinking about different things to add to this game and I think a Hardcore Mode would be good addition to the game variants avaliable to play. In this mode players won't see exactly what roles and how many are available for each side. DR can change the layout everyday like with DR variant or have a premade algorithim based on the amount of players with a bit of a change in each game. This mode since you won't know exactly how many town and mafia are there or what roles are being played it will rely on more bluffing and detecting roles and not just random lynching. Again this could be just a different variant and not the standard for every games. Just to change things up from time to time.

Also another idea was to add point streaks or multipliers for players who are on a win streak from game to game. I know there is difficulties with the point system as it is and maybe this idea will make a complicated system even more complicated but just an idea.

Also as I've been reading threw the change log. After the multiple minor updates released after V1.0 went live. Instead of going 1.1,1.2,1.3 ect. I would suggest 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, and save going to 1.1 when say new roles are added or new features. Again just a suggestion.

Keep up the great work DR! Loving the game!

Dark.Revenant
April 24th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Something like what you describe is planned. Also That version numbering system is impossible on bnet

Keifru
April 24th, 2011, 02:10 PM
You are a god if you can get closed setup mod working.

On a somewhat related note, is it possible to assign values to roles so in the case of mostly-randomization, there can be a rough 'balance' between Town/Mafia?