PDA

View Full Version : (Bug) When Godfather is killed...

Snowyowl
July 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
If you have the following setup:

Godfather
Consigliere
Janitor

And the GF gets killed/leaves, then consigliere turns into Godfather while Janitor, at the same time turns into Mafioso. That is what I'd call a bug. Should've been discovered way earlier than now though so there's probably a similar thread somewhere out there.

LeaversGonnaLeave
July 9th, 2011, 08:53 AM
This occurs even if Godfather is able to kill without a Mafioso just so you know. It's quite painful for the mafia when this happens to them. I noticed it myself a little while back but for some reason I want to say someone in the Mafia channel told me that it wasn't an issue. But I could be mistaken and I just forgot to ask about it. The easiest way to not get this to happen is to just set Consig to turn to Mafioso instead of Godfather.

Nick
July 9th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah... it's true... never thought that it's a bug... you mean Janitor/etc. shouldn't be converted to Mafioso if Consig can be promoted to GF?

Snowyowl
July 9th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah... it's true... never thought that it's a bug... you mean Janitor/etc. shouldn't be converted to Mafioso if Consig can be promoted to GF?

Exactly, the main reason the Janitor is turned into a Mafioso if the Godfather dies is so that the Mafia is capable of continuing the killing spree, but having two player giving up their roles at the same time when only one is needed to serves no purpose in my opinion.
On the other hand, the Mafioso role doesn't serve much use when there's a Godfather with killing abilities around anyway.

Zack
July 10th, 2011, 01:56 AM
In my setup i've actually removed the GF... He can still be in it if he is resulted in random, but the entire mafia is random. And consig turning into mafioso is better, regardless of the bug.

Dark.Revenant
July 10th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Bug's been fixed on US. EU has got to wait for a more substantial update.