PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, sc2 security is a joke..

Zilas
July 6th, 2011, 07:27 PM
so i was just playing mafia as usually, i was host, i waited like 5seconds and some dude caled "mwtdimaga" , somethin like that just says like dick etc you know the usual insults, anyway game ends, in next game i meet him , and then it keeps going on, next game again, (since its night hardly any people play) anyway.. after a while, this dude actually managed to make me "lag" by popping up the screen that lets other people drop you after 1 minute.. I Could talk and everything, but this dude somehow caused it..he was laughing at me, cause he could actually get me kicked out of a game by making that screen popup, conclusion, this guys a hacker, ofcourse that was already obvious when he had 13k points in mafia and wasn't even on leaderboard and had 3800 league wins plus 1k terran/protoss wins on same day and zerg 1k wins 3days before that, i'm not saying that is impossible, but 3.8k wins and still that attitude, hmm nah i dont think so, plus theres enough proof that he is a hacker.. anyway, sc2. a game that took what 12years? and some kid with shit attitude seems to be able to hack, man, that's quite disappointing tbh.

i've reported this guy, ofcourse, if he continues playing mafia and anyone who randomly lynches him or anything gets "lagged out" well that could make you lose some players... not to mention that he can also know any role of any player and even know what battlenet guy is witch player in the game..in other words, he can't really lose the game since he knows all the f-ing roles in every game..o well i did what i wanted to say.. cant even play mafia cause of stupid tards, how sad, really... guess its better of playing in aafternoon when its no always with same people.

Dark.Revenant
July 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM
We've known about this fucker for months. I'm still trying to get him banned.

Also, the lag thing is the usual Drop Hack that people on melee seem to use often.

Severn
July 6th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Didn't know the ladder was that vulnerable as well. If Blizzard is too lazy to stop people trashing user made maps... well that is one thing no matter how much it annoys me personally. But if they just let the idiots run rampant with their own ladder system that is a whole new level of sloth.

In the past I suppose they have waited a long time to ban people so they can get a whole bunch of them all at once. Hopefully they are up to the same thing right now. If they do, by the time the expansions start coming out fewer people are going to want to risk losing an account that cost them a hundred bucks.

Zilas
July 6th, 2011, 11:34 PM
We've known about this fucker for months. I'm still trying to get him banned.

Also, the lag thing is the usual Drop Hack that people on melee seem to use often.

months? seriously? this is even worse then i was thinking...a hacker like this should get banned within a day... he can just make people lag out but sc2 takes no action whatsoever? do people from mafia report this guy? i personally didnt know about him untill yesterday night that is..i believe i might take some action in this, this dude is a complete nerd if you'd only know what he does, lags you out just to laugh at you, that is so fucking lame, i made him so nerdrage earlier too, fun fact is he can't do anything other then lagging me out (thank god he can't :P) btw, i noticed after you get the roles now, and leave quickly after you lose points, whats the situation if you get kicked from the game by lagging out? then it doesn't count or?

Didn't know the ladder was that vulnerable as well. If Blizzard is too lazy to stop people trashing user made maps... well that is one thing no matter how much it annoys me personally. But if they just let the idiots run rampant with their own ladder system that is a whole new level of sloth.

In the past I suppose they have waited a long time to ban people so they can get a whole bunch of them all at once. Hopefully they are up to the same thing right now. If they do, by the time the expansions start coming out fewer people are going to want to risk losing an account that cost them a hundred bucks.

Well I suppose, Since this game took so damn long to make, They really thougd they wouldn't get as much hackers as this..I don't know If I can call blizzard lazy, I mean I used to play WoW and If you made an Important Ingame ticket they where there Within a few hours...But that doesn't mean they catched him that quick, Oh well, I think It Is just a huge failure that people who make custom games get Infected by the fact sc2 Isn't looking Into things at all and just let hackers through...They've got their money and now just take everything easy? Untill the next huge expansion? Maaaaaan.

Dark.Revenant
July 7th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately, being dropped also reduces your points. That's why the penalty is not steeper.

First 2 minutes: -10
Next 2 minutes: -5
Next 4 minutes: -3
Next 8 minutes: -2
Next 16 minutes: -1
After that: no penalty

Zack
July 12th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Seriously now, people on melee abuse a drop-hack to get wins? Thats just really sad.

But thats odd, I thought Dimaga had reformed a little since he didn't trash the last mafia game I played with him, it was an inhouse... Maybe he decided to be more friendly to the mafia channel people, but he still has to go ruin some pub games to feel good, sigh..

philie
July 12th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Seriously now, people on melee abuse a drop-hack to get wins? Thats just really sad.

But thats odd, I thought Dimaga had reformed a little since he didn't trash the last mafia game I played with him, it was an inhouse... Maybe he decided to be more friendly to the mafia channel people, but he still has to go ruin some pub games to feel good, sigh..

I played like 10 pubs with him and he never did a thing. I've seen him on top of scoreboard, though.
Can't you get blizzards attention though? Mafia is a first page custom game, after all, many people affected:P I also assume he hacked the ladder, since he said in maf channel that it took him 10 minutes to get all the wins and portraits. That might be enough to ban him?

styx0202
July 12th, 2011, 03:40 AM

I played like 10 pubs with him and he never did a thing. I've seen him on top of scoreboard, though.
Can't you get blizzards attention though? Mafia is a first page custom game, after all, many people affected:P I also assume he hacked the ladder, since he said in maf channel that it took him 10 minutes to get all the wins and portraits. That might be enough to ban him?

I don't know about now, but i know when SC2 was release and for about 2 weeks after you could easily use any cheating method (including Hex editors) to do pretty much anything in the game. Thats when he got all his shit, there were bunch of "unlock all portraits and achievements" programs, i used trainer for SP cause it was mad hard on Brutal (:P) and up to this day my account has never been banned as the warden wasn't active at the time.

This is pretty much the case for any new PC games, protection is never active at launch so you will always see people max out ranks, get all unlocks in first few days. Blizzard really should implement "cloud" system.

S
July 12th, 2011, 03:48 AM
there are more hackers now that got moderator-status items but dont actually use moderator powers, Jotzo for example

lifacarus
July 12th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Hacking it happens, I would love for the blizzard team to wake the hell up and notice the game they put so many vacation days in, would at least have a solid security.

Rime
July 13th, 2011, 07:08 AM
>:( Dimaga is an annoying one all right, talked to him to get him to stop, he leaves channel games alone, but he still goes into pubs a lot.

Nick
July 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
>:( Dimaga is an annoying one all right, talked to him to get him to stop, he leaves channel games alone, but he still goes into pubs a lot.

Reporting people as hackers doesn't seem to work much...

Try reporting the hackers as racist, or for account sharing... these work better... then again, you might get banned for fake reports...