PDA

View Full Version : Make the Log Actually Useful.

BruceCampbell
July 3rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
I like the log. It is good.

HOWEVER. I can't scroll up the log to see further back than one page of info, a serious obstacle to effectively using it to its fullest.

AscendedOne
July 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
I have not had this problem. just that the scrolling is a lil bit clunky and that voting/role windows block part of it off.

FalseTruth
July 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
I like the log. It is good.

HOWEVER. I can't scroll up the log to see further back than one page of info, a serious obstacle to effectively using it to its fullest.

That's probably a bug. It shouldn't be happening at all. You might want to double check your settings.

Dark.Revenant
July 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
A true scrollbar is basically impossible to add, so you have to push the arrow buttons.

Lysergic
July 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Hey DR, one good addition to the log might be the method of death when death descriptions are on (e.g. stabbed, shot, high caliber). Often times, there were nights when a disguiser slipped in and the SK didn't kill / kill got healed, but no one can check to confirm it was Disg and not SK.

Clawtrocity
July 4th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I at least think that the first kill should listed.

Perhaps the "attacked a second time" could just say that. That way there's not EXTRA information in the log that isn't there when the person dies.

Lysergic
July 4th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Agreed, Claw. I just want whatever you see when the person is attacked to be in the log for reference. Especially as Doc, I spend a lot of nights combing the log to try to put together pieces.

Xentios
August 15th, 2011, 11:56 PM
A true scrollbar is basically impossible to add, so you have to push the arrow buttons.

can buttons assaing to the arrow buttons?
I mean can we use "page up" and "page down" buttons? Or at least is it doable?

Dark.Revenant
August 16th, 2011, 12:42 AM
The key-press events cause a lot of lag, but it is doable. I'd rather not risk the lag, though.

Tipzntrix
August 16th, 2011, 10:02 AM
just lcick arrows