View Full Version : A Phyr S-FM Production

Phyr
June 12th, 2012, 04:13 AM
No RP Theme yet

Setup

Evil - Know each others identity but do not share night chat
Arsonist
Witch

Mafia - Share night chat and a killing action that replaces the role's ability if used
Drug Dealer
Framer

Town
Sheriff
Detective
Armorsmith
Mentalist
Citizen
Citizen

Victory conditions

Evil: See the Town and the Mafia dead. At least one member has to survive.
Mafia: See the Evil and the Town dead. At least one member has to survive.
Town: See the Evil and the Mafia dead. At least one member has to survive.

Roles

Arsonist
Can douse a person at night. Has to leave a message, when dousing. No message will default to "You were doused.". The person will receive the douse note in a separate PM. Can also burn any number of previously doused players in addition to his dousing action. Burning is a night action.
Command:
-douse player

Witch
Can witch a person to force him to visit a target of the Witch's choosing (self-targets allowed). Targets don't know that they were controlled. May omit the second target to leave the witched person's original target. May also leave a vision in the witched person's mind. Consult the feedback messages to write an appropriately formated vision.
Command:
-witch player1 [player2]
[RP written by Witch]
[message in quotes]

Drug Dealer
Can give <color> pill to a person at night. Possible pills are listed below.
purple pill: role-blocks the target.
yellow pill: target receives the "given armor" feedback message.
blue pill: target receives the "hardened" feedback message.
white pill: target will not get any dousing/witching/armor given/hardened messages tonight.
Command:
-give <color> pill player

Framer
Can frame or hide another person to make him look like Arsonist, member of the Mafia or not suspicious to the Sheriff's checks. The Sheriff will still be notified that a member of the factions Evil and Mafia visited his target. Framing does not affect tracking.
Command:
-frame [Arsonist/Mafia] player
-hide player

Sheriff
Can check a person at night to see whether he is Arsonist, a member of the Mafia or not suspicious. If the player comes up as not suspicious the Sheriff will be notified if a member of the faction Evil or Mafia visited him.
Command:
-check player

Detective
Can track a person at night to see his target's visitation. Can see self-targets.
Command:
-track player

Armorsmith
Can -give armor to another person at night. The target will be notified about the gained armor and can use armor beginning from the next night. Armor is one-use only and prevents a Mafia night kill on the armored person the very same night.
Command:
-give armor player
-use armor

Mentalist
Can harden the mind of another person at night. The target will gain immunity to witching and be notified about its new ability. The Mentalist is immune to witching at start. If he hardens the Witch all persons immune to witching will loose their immunity but they can be hardened again.
Players immune to witching will get notified if the witch tried to witch them. If the Witch left a vision they will get an extra notification after the message.
Command: -harden player

Citizen
Has a one-use fire resistant bullet-proof vest. Grants perfect night kill immunity on the night of use.
Command:
-use vest

Order of Operations

1. using vest/armor
2. role-blocking (purple pill) Witch
3. witching
4. role-blocking
5. giving yellow/blue/white pill
6. giving armor/hardening
7. framing
8. checking/tracking
9. burning
10. killing
11. dousing

Feedback messages

All notifications except dousing/witching message will be gathered and sent in one PM titled "<game name> - Night X Result".
Dousing/witching messages will be sent in a separate PMs titled "<game name> - Night X Message".

dousing
RP written by host

message left by Arsonist

witching
RP written by Witch

message left by Witch
You clearly know this is the Witch's doing. (If immune to witching)

role-blocked
You were role-blocked.

given armor
You received armor.

hardened
You were mentally hardened.

Sheriff check
Your target is the Arsonist.
Your target is a member of the Mafia.
Your target is not suspicious.
Somebody with evil intentions visited your target.

Detective tracking
Your target visited player tonight.
Your target didn't leave the house.

attacked/burned+survived
Somebody wanted to see you dead but your trusty protection saved your life.

immune to witching+witched
The Witch tried to control you but you fought it off.

Rules (pasta made from a McPwnage receipt - yummy)

1. No outside discussion of the game. This includes PMs, Rep Messages, or IM programs like Skype. Offenders will be modkilled! You may casually mention the game as long as you don't strategise or reveal anything the other person shouldn't know.
2. No editing posts. Offenders will be modkilled!
3. Lynch/skip day votes will only count if they are in red and bolded: -vote player / -skip day. Majority locks the votes.
4. If you do not submit night actions by the deadline they will be skipped. Deadline is one hour before night ends.
5. You may submit your night actions either by pm or night chat however any night actions sent by pm will override actions posted in your night chat.
6. You may write a last will by writing me a PM with the title "Last Will" and your message in the body.
7. All killing factions have the ability to use death notes.
8. You can suicide however you will lose the game regardless of if your faction is victorious. In order to suicide you must pm me -suicide posting it in the day chat does not count.
9. Quoting PMs IS allowed however every single pm you could possibly get will be posted so it will be easy to fake.
10. Lying about game mechanics IS allowed. I will not respond to gameplay questions unless they are posted in green. Please consult the FAQ before asking questions.
11. Lurking is not an acceptable strategy. You have to contribute every day or you will be modkilled.
12. No being a gamethrowing bitch. Offenders will be permabanned from forum mafia games hosted by me.
13. Smurfs are okay as long as I get notified of it along with the main account.
14. Sign-ups won't be first come first served. I will decide who gets to play based on how much activity and care was spent in past games. I encourage new players to sign up.

Question Time!

Will the Detective get any notice about the Arsonist burning when tracking him?
No, burning doesn't count as a visitation.

Does framing as "not suspicious" bypass the notification the sheriff gets for scum visitations?
No. The Sheriff will know that either Mafia or Evil visited his target.

What happens if the Sheriff checks the Witch?
The Witch will look "not suspicious" to the Sheriff. Being Witch does not count as self-visitation. :)

Can the Detective see the use of an armor/vest?
No, using armor/vest does not count as self-visitation.

What happens if a player skipping his night action gets witched?
The player will be forced to use his role's night action on the witch's designed target. Random.org decides whether the Framer frames as Arsonist, frames as Mafia or hides and which pill the Drug Dealer uses. All options are equally weighted.

Will a Witch controlling the killing member of the Mafia overwrite the Mafia's death note?
The Witch's death note will only replace the Mafia's death note if the killing member of the Mafia is forced to self-target.

If a witch witched a mafia role(say, a framer), does it cause said role(in this case, a framer) to frame or kill?
It depends on the chosen action by the framer. It will always use the action the player wanted to use that night. If the player skipped his action he will use his role's action (in this case framing).

Does this still count as S-FM?
What do you think about the balance? When pseudo-randomizing the actions town seemed to win an awful lot of times.

Guardian
June 13th, 2012, 04:51 AM
The town is screwed. Nuff said.
Even with immune citizens, the evil roles can murder 2 town players on N1.
that leaves 4vs2vs2 duel.

Phyr
June 13th, 2012, 05:04 AM
It's impossible to be 4v2v2 after N1 as the Arsonist can only kill as early as N2. And even then Town still got a chance to win as Evil and Mafia will turn on each other without doubt.

Guardian
June 14th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Arsonist
Can douse a person at night. Has to leave a message, when dousing. No message will default to "You were doused.". The person will receive the douse note in a separate PM. Can also burn any number of previously doused players in addition to his dousing action. Burning is a night action.
Command:
-douse player

Absolutely. Arsonist cant burn on N1./sarcasm

Although the mafia will turn on each other, don't you think it's a little difficult for them to find who the other is on D2?
Suggested action: add more citizens.
Reason: absorb gasoline/bullets.

I believe that adding 2 citizens should be sufficient to your setup.
Or changing 1 to a veteran and adding 1 cit.

Question: If a witch witched a mafia role(say, a framer), does it cause said role(in this case, a framer) to frame or kill?

Otherwise, pretty good setup.

Phyr
June 14th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Arsonist
Command:
-douse player

Order of Operations

1. using vest/armor
2. role-blocking (purple pill) Witch
3. witching
4. role-blocking
5. giving yellow/blue/white pill
6. giving armor/hardening
7. framing
8. checking/tracking
9. burning
10. killing
11. dousing

So there actually dies only one person night 1.

I feel that these two mafia setups mainly go this way: Both scum factions try to hurt town that much that Town looses if scum doesn't turn on each other. Then they proceed to turn onto each other giving Town a chance again.

Armorsmith and Mentalist leave a feedback message, which should easily prove them. Sheriff and Detective are good at clearing other players. And picture the Detective visiting any scum: Scum has either to counterclaim the Detective putting them in a hard place, claim a role with a feedback message that wasn't there or claim Sheriff which is kinda the safest bet. Much comes down to claiming and counterclaiming. I think that there will be some early claims (day 2) and if Town manages to lynch the Arsonist it looks really good for them. Not lynching day 2 is kinda a no go.

A Veteran probably helps the scum more than the Town. N1 actions are pretty much random and the Veteran can only widen the way the game can swing after one night (picture him kill 2 scum or 2 town). Adding 2 citizens pretty much screws scum if one of their members die night 1 as Sheriff and Detective have some time to clear people.

When buffing Town I feel like doing it on a smaller scale:
-making the armor prevent burning or dousing
-making the vest an auto-vest (actually a huge buff imo)
-make Citizen win ties (another huge buff - makes Mentalist the weakest role in the game)
-make the Mentalist detect if the target he visited was witched or bump it in the order of operation above witching
-make the immunity provided by Mentalist extend to drugging with the same loss of immunity when hardening the Drug Dealer
-make giving armor a day action (prolly not gonna do it - fucks up to much: Drug Dealer, visitations)
-make armor auto-vests on the night given

I don't want the game to come down to an unlucky night action from scum n1 - winning Town the game. Town is forced into a position where they have to use the little they have.

BUT this is all in my head and I will try out your suggestion by pseudo randomizing the actions. (Though I will not add a Veteran for aforementioned reasons.)

Question: If a witch witched a mafia role(say, a framer), does it cause said role(in this case, a framer) to frame or kill?
Answer: It depends on the chosen action by the framer. It will always use the action the player wanted to use that night. If the player skipped his action he will use his role's action (in this case framing).

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

clementine
June 14th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Is there a text limit to the burn messages you can send? Will images be allowed?

Also, due to balance reasons, it can be too OP to have a confirmed sane sheriff in small games. (The sheriff totally owned in my S-FM) Have you thought of including a sane/insane cop instead that does not differentiate between mafia types? I think that having a confirmed sheriff that also can detect if a member of the mafia visited a not suspicious target could be a little too OP for town.

Phyr
June 14th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Is there a text limit to the burn messages you can send? Will images be allowed?

Also, due to balance reasons, it can be too OP to have a confirmed sane sheriff in small games. (The sheriff totally owned in my S-FM) Have you thought of including a sane/insane cop instead that does not differentiate between mafia types? I think that having a confirmed sheriff that also can detect if a member of the mafia visited a not suspicious target could be a little too OP for town.

No limit is planned for the messages. You may include media.

To nerf the Sheriff I added the confirmed Framer. The confirmed Witch can mess with the results too. Due to those reasons and the low number of town members I don't think that the Sheriff is actually to strong. I added the visitation mechanic to nerf the Framer. If he always hides the Drug Dealer the Sheriff got only a 1/5 chance to find a scum and a 1/5 chance to find a scum innocent. As there is no Doctor the Sheriff can die pretty fast, too, if he didn't receive armor night 1.