PDA

View Full Version : Mayor lost in 1v1 versus Mafia

TrollinMurloc
July 1st, 2011, 11:13 PM
The mayor, who can vote and act as 3 votes (in the game setup I was playing in), lost in a 1v1 against the Mafia. SK killed the consig, and the GF killed the SK. GF was left and so was I. I used the -vote the previous day, and the option for my powers to last a few days was enabled. So, I could have lynched off the mafia myself and won. Instead, the screen showed up as "The Mafia has won" the day after the night the SK and consig died.

Solution proposed: Set up an event where if the Mayor and a Mafia role are left on the next day, allow the day to continue, so if the powers have been used before by the mayor, then he loses. If he still retains his powers, then he can still win. If you want to make the game like reality, then keep it how it is. But in my experience, too many people are bad and leave, so it's not like reality.

Problems most likely going to face if solution was accepted: From what I've seen, you set up an event in general terms. If one town and one mafia are left, town loses. If one town and one serial killer is left, town loses.

Suggestion to fix that problem: evaluate how your events are set up now. Make the game more reasonable, setting up complicated events for the last day. I've seen too much bullshit wins when I could have (and should have) won.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully that not only this specific problem is fixed, but all winning events are fixed and made more reasonable. If you didn't read my wall of text, please do so, as it will help and give the implication that I'm not another retard raging on the forums saying something didn't work out how I wanted it to.

MrSmarter
July 1st, 2011, 11:24 PM
Mafia gets win priority over town. If it comes to a 1v1, the order is
SK>Arsonist>Mafia>Town
The town loses at that point, it's been like this as long as I can remember.

TrollinMurloc
July 1st, 2011, 11:28 PM
Mafia gets win priority over town. If it comes to a 1v1, the order is
SK>Arsonist>Mafia>Town
The town loses at that point, it's been like this as long as I can remember.

Honestly I don't see it realistic to put that in there, considering the fact that in most games people leave when they get bus driver or a coroner or mason. Why try to make it realistic when it already isn't? Elaborating on the winning situations would take time...but it would help a lot of BS wins...

LeaversGonnaLeave
July 1st, 2011, 11:46 PM
The mayor, who can vote and act as 3 votes (in the game setup I was playing in), lost in a 1v1 against the Mafia. SK killed the consig, and the GF killed the SK. GF was left and so was I. I used the -vote the previous day, and the option for my powers to last a few days was enabled. So, I could have lynched off the mafia myself and won. Instead, the screen showed up as "The Mafia has won" the day after the night the SK and consig died.

Solution proposed: Set up an event where if the Mayor and a Mafia role are left on the next day, allow the day to continue, so if the powers have been used before by the mayor, then he loses. If he still retains his powers, then he can still win. If you want to make the game like reality, then keep it how it is. But in my experience, too many people are bad and leave, so it's not like reality.

Problems most likely going to face if solution was accepted: From what I've seen, you set up an event in general terms. If one town and one mafia are left, town loses. If one town and one serial killer is left, town loses.

Suggestion to fix that problem: evaluate how your events are set up now. Make the game more reasonable, setting up complicated events for the last day. I've seen too much bullshit wins when I could have (and should have) won.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully that not only this specific problem is fixed, but all winning events are fixed and made more reasonable. If you didn't read my wall of text, please do so, as it will help and give the implication that I'm not another retard raging on the forums saying something didn't work out how I wanted it to.

Obvious Troll is obvious.

MrSmarter
July 1st, 2011, 11:53 PM
The point is its harder to win as mafia, arsonist, and SK than it is town.
Another reason it is like this:
Say you have a townie, the GF (unkillable at night), and an SK left. SK tries to kill GF, GF kills townie. SK wins. The mafia could have won had they killed the SK,but they lose due to this rule. There is no real reason to Change this, there is nothing wrong with it, it's just game mechanics.
Also, on the NA sever, bus drivers almost never leave, and coroners are very rare, as are masons. Mostly citis and docs leave.

TrollinMurloc
July 2nd, 2011, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I understand you. But honestly, in the game before that, I was playing Godfather with no citizens allowed, and there was an investigator. I mean, how rigged is that? You lose your "undiscoverable" Godfather possibly within the first night and day cycle. In some situations, this game needs a little fixing imo. I have so many suggestions for this I should just throw it all in one topic and let people troll on it. Or think whatever they want to.

FalseTruth
July 2nd, 2011, 01:48 AM
This isn't a bug, it's a complaint. It's been brought up before too. Use the search function next time, it helps a lot :)

Max
July 2nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
That's really weird lol cuz i just had a game like that and i just posted the same thing without reading this link lol